World of Warcraft: Current Year

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
tbh fury warr should go Arms not only because Arms is stronger but because Fury actually hinders a raid by needing more healing! such a dumbass "class fantasy" blizzard came up with

Overblown at this point. 15% more damage taken is counterbalanced by the self healing on Bloodthirst and Frenzied Regeneration as well as having 15% more HP. Plate armor helps in a few fights too.

Arms isn't noticeably better in terms of dps. Marginally, sure. But fuck focus rage.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
They definitely did something to Skittish. I *could* lose aggro every once in a while the first week we saw those affixes. This week I can't hold aggro basically at all and it doesn't seem to have anything to do with damage done. Mobs were aggroing the DPS in my group that hadn't even hit them yet even when we tried to old school it and let me stack 3 sunders first (laugh).

bytes

Molten Core Raider
Fuk ur right. I only have 1 legendary and it only improves the CD on shield wall. That doesn't help dps at all!!

Then your path is clear: resume the Furor dicksucking, get on Tigule lololols too while you're at it. Their favour shall grant you your darkest desires and wishes in terms of WoW loot.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah fuck bearcatting, I will not do that. It's not worth it.
Youve told me you Tank botted before when you lead raids - which I also thought was funny because you told me raid leading wasn't any harder than regular raiding

Just set up a nice Bearcat bot

• 1Like

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Im not taking sides here, but we've already discussed this only a few pages back or so. The best DPS legendaries, averaged across the board from all players that have those legendaries, is at most a 30k dps boost, and is more closer to 20k. Your less powerful DPS legendaries are around 5-10k. No ones discounting the power of a good Legendary, but its mathematically proven that two of your best legendaries will not give you 100k dps difference, and will at most give you a ceiling of 60k additional. Your average player, with two good legendaries is most likely only going to see a 30k difference. Half that. Thats why Blizzard Employees are in no rush to change the Legendary drop rate. The vast majority of people that are complaining are just Hillary Clinton supporters.
As a ret, my combined BiS legendaries (Whispers of the Nathrezim and Liadrin's Fury Unleashed) give me approximately 60k more DPS if I only changed those slots. There's a bit of a bump from combo'ing my Faulty Counter Measure trinket, but all spec-appropriate on-use trinkets (Horn of Valor, etc) are fairly competitive for ret.

SimC says replacing my current cloak with the Whispers legendary would take me from 328k to 365k. I parsed 525k on heroic Ursoc (lol) last week so I'm not sure what that looks like in the real world.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Yes Shadow Satyr's Walk is/was a ~20% increase at heroic level and by all metrics (sim & logs) the largest jump in dps any legendary provides for any class.

If they were smart they would use the 5 energy reduction they are taking away from boots/MOS and also lower shadowstrike cost by 5. That would bring the baseline of the spec up to where everyone else is once you factor in the collective nerfs.

Now the shadow nova change is completely baffling. It was weak before but at least it was consistent. Now it's an AOE that procs off of a single target ability that is never used during AOE. Wat? The only way it makes sense this way is if it was added to shuriken storm.

If their goal was to buff an already weak golden trait then a better idea would be making it proc from stealth/dance finishers with the % chance/damage based on combo points spent. This would significantly buff aoe but remain mostly neutral in single target.

But these guys just appear to be flinging darts at a wall when it comes to all of this so whatev.

PS: What's making sin extra good is it loses the least damage when stuck standing 30 feet away from the boss with your thumb up your ass because of a mechanic that for the last ten years of WoW would have only targeted ranged. But it still sucks shit at on-demand aoe and any sort of target switching. So, good tunnel damage on boss but bad at a lot of important mechanics.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
I know my dps is low. No one can tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Do I have to stop playing 1 handed with a controller?

Seriously I started using dps food, invested in weak auras, stopped sucking dicks but nothing

Look up Noodlebum and tell me what's wrong.

TELL ME GODDAMNIT

You dont have legendary gloves, it does actually matter on a tank, look at the link above Warcraft Logs - Combat Analysis for Warcraft there is a 60k dkp difference in the best warrior without vs the best warrior with (this is on guarm)

i am looking at your log for Guarm

Warcraft Logs - Combat Analysis for Warcraft - berossus a warrior without legendary gloves that has +/- 1 ilevel from yours
Warcraft Logs - Combat Analysis for Warcraft - your log for the same boss

key differences:

1.their fight took 2:46 vs your 4:39 - not your fault, thats raid dps's primary responsibility. DPS doing a better job would allow you a higher "ranking"

2.you had 85 devastates/37 shield slams, the warrior I'm comparing you to had 2 minutes less time in the fight and had 70/30. That says to me that you can spend more time spamming devastate. you only had 15 more over 2 minutes which is fairly low.

3. you had 42 IPs that shielded for 27 million, he had 24 casts and shielded for 20 million. thats only 7 million more with double the casts. His average IP was ~200k more than yours (this can be attributed to str being lower by ~ 3k not utilizing ultimatum/vengeance procs properly) the more IP casts can be devastates which lead to more shield slams.

4. You have no haste enchants, no Neck enchant, no back enchant, replace the gem in your ring with sabers eye of str its going to be a primary piece of gear for you for a long time, at least enchant it and gem it properly.

5. get rid of your crit chance replace it with haste, all the crit you need you can get from StB. the haste will give you more shield slams especially over a 4.3 minute fight.

I can dig deeper later, but he did ~200k which is probably about as much as your going to do at your gear level without gloves, with gloves you could be around 240ish.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
You dont have legendary gloves, it does actually matter on a tank, look at the link above Warcraft Logs - Combat Analysis for Warcraft there is a 60k dkp difference in the best warrior without vs the best warrior with (this is on guarm)

i am looking at your log for Guarm

Warcraft Logs - Combat Analysis for Warcraft - berossus a warrior without legendary gloves that has +/- 1 ilevel from yours
Warcraft Logs - Combat Analysis for Warcraft - your log for the same boss

key differences:

1.their fight took 2:46 vs your 4:39 - not your fault, thats raid dps's primary responsibility. DPS doing a better job would allow you a higher "ranking"

2.you had 85 devastates/37 shield slams, the warrior I'm comparing you to had 2 minutes less time in the fight and had 70/30. That says to me that you can spend more time spamming devastate. you only had 15 more over 2 minutes which is fairly low.

3. you had 42 IPs that shielded for 27 million, he had 24 casts and shielded for 20 million. thats only 7 million more with double the casts. His average IP was ~200k more than yours (this can be attributed to str being lower by ~ 3k not utilizing ultimatum/vengeance procs properly) the more IP casts can be devastates which lead to more shield slams.

4. You have no haste enchants, no Neck enchant, no back enchant, replace the gem in your ring with sabers eye of str its going to be a primary piece of gear for you for a long time, at least enchant it and gem it properly.

5. get rid of your crit chance replace it with haste, all the crit you need you can get from StB. the haste will give you more shield slams especially over a 4.3 minute fight.

I can dig deeper later, but he did ~200k which is probably about as much as your going to do at your gear level without gloves, with gloves you could be around 240ish.
Thanks. Agree on devastate.

Too be honest I replaced a bunch of gear recently and forgot the enchants and gem, I'll take care of that.

Im working on more haste but haven't had much luck lately.

My ip usage was a bit sloppy as it was our 2nd or. 3rd pull ever.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Youve told me you Tank botted before when you lead raids - which I also thought was funny because you told me raid leading wasn't any harder than regular raiding

Just set up a nice Bearcat bot
Yeah it's not that simple. Too easy to die because of a screwed up routine and then wipe the raid.

The reason I botted in those raids was not because I needed to but because I wanted to see what it was capable of. Could it do so efficiently?

I am pretty sure I said it doesn't take any more time than regular raiding because you aren't doing the work before hand, you are doing it during.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
They definitely did something to Skittish. I *could* lose aggro every once in a while the first week we saw those affixes. This week I can't hold aggro basically at all and it doesn't seem to have anything to do with damage done. Mobs were aggroing the DPS in my group that hadn't even hit them yet even when we tried to old school it and let me stack 3 sunders first (laugh).

bro I will misdirect the shit outta you. bring me to some 10+ this weekend

Or @Tenks can just GM us shit!

I've seen this mentioned before. What does @Tenks do for blizz? I have some suggestions re: Hunter Beast Mastery =/

noodle confirmed scrub tier

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah it's not that simple. Too easy to die because of a screwed up routine and then wipe the raid.

The reason I botted in those raids was not because I needed to but because I wanted to see what it was capable of. Could it do so efficiently?

I am pretty sure I said it doesn't take any more time than regular raiding because you aren't doing the work before hand, you are doing it during.
I do work beforehand!

Before raids are released I spend a lot of time figuring out stats, watching videos, etc. @Amycus knows about my notes! 14 pages!

I won't claim I do some massive amount of work but my job isn't just show up, kill stuff, leave. Also quite a bit of post mortem talks with officers. Etc.

I was giving you a hard time man

As for Tenks you guys will probably want to stop bothering him. Pretty sure he said he would stop posting here if people pestered him too much.

He doesn't work on wow

• 1Like