World of Warcraft: Current Year

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Well even though PvP in WoW is total trashfire it pulls more interest and numbers than watching BallbagsMagoo and his merry men of 19 others take on 30minutes of trash followed by staring at a giant models nutsack. That being said WoW as an esport never took off and never will.

I understand why it might be frustrating that Blizzard doesn't give Method big giant checks, throphies, and blowjobs but why should they have to?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Well even though PvP in WoW is total trashfire it pulls more interest and numbers than watching BallbagsMagoo and his merry men of 19 others take on 30minutes of trash followed by staring at a giant models nutsack. That being said WoW as an esport never took off and never will.

I understand why it might be frustrating that Blizzard doesn't give Method big giant checks, throphies, and blowjobs but why should they have to?

Who is actually asking for that though besides the extreme outlier?

I mean look at what Blizzard doesn't even do themselves:
Keep score of rankings
Provide logging tools
Modify the UI to work intuitively for new content

That's pretty basic stuff. That's not even including things like providing a competitive structure to raiding (IE, you get x hours or x attempts per week to make your kills). In fact they actively design the game to force it to be less tenable (legendary system, loot farming on multiple characters to fish for TFs, etc.).

The fact is that you have to recruit people into that lifestyle, and endless grinding for a fleeting mention on mmoc is not very interesting. The raiding scene has slowly died even though populations bounce back less and less performing guilds stick around on most servers.

I don 't think I ever wanted money, but you know even a shitty $2 printed sheet mailed out to top placed kills would be nice like 'hey, thanks for participating in our game'.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Don't play a vidya game 10+hrs a game and let it be your life. Problem solved!

I agree, but I think a competitive raiding scene also keeps the game alive and ultimately drives a lot of content that is delivered to keep the entire game relevant. I applaud Blizzard on developing challenge modes into M+ in theory, if not in practice and even supporting server rankings for it. It's a step in the right direction.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Because apparently people want to watch pvp. Why I have no idea.
So the problem with PVE is you don't have variety in the encounter. If you have done it once then you know where to stand and why. In order to beat it you have to robotically follow that process. Yes you get some randomness as in who gets targeted by what but when they happen and why you know.

Alternately though PVP is anybodies guess. There is a very slight layer of suspense. Yeah the WoW version sucks because it's basically just slugging it out until you get one man down on the opposing team and then essentially it's over after that.

It's not fun to watch scripted PVE.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Didn't they try various iterations of this at Blizzcon very early on? I could have sworn they tried it and nobody cared.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Well they have the live raid. It's always kinda dumb but it's designed to be that way. It's like inviting professional tennis players to a televised bowling match during the Superbowl.

Part of the problem I think now that streaming has really taken off is multiple difficulties. If you imagine what original Naxx would have been like now with streaming where people don't even know what's around the corner, they'd probably be much more interested in watching.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Didn't they try various iterations of this at Blizzcon very early on? I could have sworn they tried it and nobody cared.
I think this year is the first year (in the past several years, anyway) that they didn't do a guild raid race at Blizzcon. I enjoyed them but I could see how the broader audience would've wondered why anyone would want to watch something like that.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It's not even that. There's just no real reason to raid mythic anymore outside of killing the hardest bosses in the game. Back in the day that gear made you more powerful in all aspects of the game. Now it makes you better at raids.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Making an alt, please help me decide which class and/or spec fits these criteria:

1. High burst single target and AE DPS, but sustained is still competitive.
2. Has a tank or heal spec that doesn't suck. I'm not sure any of the non-dps specs actually suck...maybe brewmaster?
3. Its AE dps doesn't primarily consist of tab-targeting dots. I've tried playing feral and moonkin in dungeons and it's just so boring and frustrating. Frantically tabbing to find the target that doesn't have moonfire or rake is frustrating. Then once you get everything dotted and start ramping, the pack fucking dies. :mad:
Bonuses: mobility and simplicity of rotation

My short list is:
Shaman(I'm assuming enhance/resto, but for some reason, both SimC and amr say elemental has some pretty sweet cleave damage)
Monk(windwalker/mistwalker, though I'm kinda thinking setting up Spinning Crane Kick sounds a lot like tab-dotting)
DK(Frost or Unholy and Blood...not too enthused about tanking as a DK, they seem weak and the rotation complicated)
DH(see DK comments about tanking)
Warrior(already have one at 110, kinda don't like him because Arms is Arms and Fury has some clunky gameplay problems)

Palum

what Suineg set it to
DK is more consistent less bursty right now I think (besides toilet paper dragon) but otherwise pretty strong just immobile. DH is a trash can class.

Monk is good but very different to play both heals or tank so be prepared. I also believe BM will be sold in 7.1.5, it's close now just needs tuning.
Shaman is good.
Warrior is good.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Paladin is your huckleberry

Also Windwalker aoe DPS isn't just spinning crane kick (that is actually lower on the AoE priority list)

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I've got 11. #aheadofthecurve

I don't really know wtf they were thinking with Curious Coins. I feel like it was something that was implemented and completely forgotten about.
That, or they want something to be genuinely rare.