World of Warcraft: Current Year

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Noodle, I believe Ion Hazzikostas literally mentioned something about the damage taken from tanks, and how Brewmaster tanks made that damage trivial. "Warriors are taking 4 million damage, but a Brewmaster will take like 400,000." Wish I could find the specific Q&A where this was said, but the question was regarding the public perception of the strength of tanks, and how certain tanks are undervalued, particularly monks. Brewmasters are just one that takes more work than the others. I personally hate healing DH tanks the most, especially those who haven't figured out how to keep their health bars from rubberbanding. Might as well have a Shaman tanking. Bears.... bears are just so gd generic, but at least they have a full suite of DR abilities. They just lack significant movement. Their dash is very short range, and is tied to an interrupt. Roar has a 30 second cooldown, though the last artifact trait you'll pick up makes it super powerful.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Noodleface Noodleface

So, yeah dude lol, you're going to need to be summoned to the Nighthold 100% of the time. Getting to the zone in is a straight up bitch if you don't have the Suramar Questline semi done and can use the portals.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Much easier to heal 80% of that damage over 10s than right away. The monk can purify away a portion of it too.

I've played warrior and druid tanks at 110, leveled up a blood DK and I'm working on a monk now. I would say the hardest thing so far about BrM is establishing AE aggro. And this is coming from someone that thinks warriors have the same problem too(but less so...might be more next patch!). Managing your brews doesn't even come close.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Noodleface Noodleface My DH is doing some of the quests now, I'm still not done with good suramaritan on her yet. If you want we can try and grind that out.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Oh, I finished Pathfinder yesterday and was quite disappointed to find it didn't stack with the guild perk :( Still nice to get it out of the way for 7.2 but still, was expecting a bit more.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Much easier to heal 80% of that damage over 10s than right away. The monk can purify away a portion of it too.

I've played warrior and druid tanks at 110, leveled up a blood DK and I'm working on a monk now. I would say the hardest thing so far about BrM is establishing AE aggro. And this is coming from someone that thinks warriors have the same problem too(but less so...might be more next patch!). Managing your brews doesn't even come close.

Managing brews doesn't come close to what?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
The difficulty of corralling a disparate and spread out pack. Sure, a 5 pack with a couple casters doesn't happen often. But those moments where your tools fall quite short and you know other classes have those tools, it's quite frustrating.

I mentioned managing brews because it seems to be the thing people fuck up the most. With a healthy dose of haste, BoB, and a good weakaura for your stagger, it's not difficult. Harder than Ironfur, sure, but not difficult.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The difficulty of corralling a disparate and spread out pack. Sure, a 5 pack with a couple casters doesn't happen often. But those moments where your tools fall quite short and you know other classes have those tools, it's quite frustrating.

I mentioned managing brews because it seems to be the thing people fuck up the most. With a healthy dose of haste, BoB, and a good weakaura for your stagger, it's not difficult. Harder than Ironfur, sure, but not difficult.

A good way to corral casters is by abusing paralyze. Interrupts them then they just run at you and the CD is low. I never had a problem with AE threat so much with Keg Smash/Flame Breath it hasn't been much an issue. The loner I happen to miss I just hit with blackout strike. I've only tanked as druid and BrM though.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Where can I see this

The zone in is in the basement of the Sanctum of Order which is a random building in the north of the city. If you don't have the disguise unlocked (at minimum) you'd have to run an old school train of stupid elfs to get there. If you mean the portals, just doing the Suramar quests unlocks a bunch of portals that take you around Suramar zone and various points in the city.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Worth doing the Suramar questline at this point for the Artifact Power alone. I'm assuming you have 21 -22 AK or around there?

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
At ilvl above 870, Suramar is cake. Doing it sub-840 was a pain in the ass. And like Khane said, at AK20+, that's a fuck load of AP just sitting there waiting for you. You could finish the area in a day.

*Edit: I'd also suggest getting HandyNotes and the HandyNots_SuramarTelemancy -- it'll show you where you go to activate the portals. Do you even need the quest line to activate portals? I can't recall...

Last edited:

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Speaking of AK are there systems in place to keep you from using the new instant 15 boost then having scrolls banked to jump it even further on fresh 110 alts?

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Yes but not getting one shot is preferable to getting one shot.
Yeah, of course, just making sure I have the class mechanics right. It's not that they're mitigating the damage. They're just spreading the damage out equally over x seconds while still taking any other incoming damage they'd normally take (i.e. from tanking him after they take a spear).