World of Warcraft: Current Year

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Loot in D3 works due to drop rate and pace. They even have way to spend resources to target specific items! WoW copied the worst parts essentially.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Loot in D3 works due to drop rate and pace. They even have way to spend resources to target specific items! WoW copied the worst parts essentially.
The equivalent of 895 or "Ancient" version of an item is a straight RNG proc, even if you get the item you want it won't be an upgrade unless you get the +gooder stats variant.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I know I enjoyed running for loot getting it to proc high Ilvl only for it to be stats I didn't want. The fact that they chose the failure Diablo 3 as a source of inspiration only confirms that all of the talent has left Blizzard.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
thats especially fun, got 895 gloves off of guarm the other night mastery/crit....thats fine ill wear my 880's thanks.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Does the patch have the "new" values for secondary stats (that suddenly makes main stat seem less shitty)?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
The equivalent of 895 or "Ancient" version of an item is a straight RNG proc, even if you get the item you want it won't be an upgrade unless you get the +gooder stats variant.
Fair enough. Guess I've never really pushed that hard in D3 where needing that specific of a drop was necessary. The content itself falls apart well before the loot system.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
you're still not going to equip anything that doesn't have at least 1 secondary stat you want on it (unless its to get some other bonus like the 4pc bonus for some classes) unless its a massive upgrade.

for example i had an 860 cloak with haste/mastery (best stats) but i upgraded to an 890 crit/mastery cloak in this case the str/sta was worth the increase and i could afford to lose the tiny bit of survivability from the haste. but its highly unlikely i would upgrade my haste/mastery gloves to very low mastery, very high crit gloves just for the str/sta buff.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
*shrug* Unless you are at the top levels of poop socking you can be competitive enough. In less then a month I have 2 gold dragons in two weapons, am ilvl 869ish and tank M+ in the 8ish range without issues. That's pretty good for a month. Can I jump in to Mythic En and do well? Probably not yet, I sim at 280k DPS which is prolly not good enough. I would argue in one month being able to do all but the top end content in the game is pretty good.

With the catch up obviously it will be better. Once 7.1.5 hits I will be hitting my 35th trait in like a day. At that point I will be able to easily roll in to Mythic Raiding. Heck, my plan is to raid NH on my alt and I would bet that it goes just fine.

I tank fine and play fine. But lack of AK makes the gear treadmill feel like there is no reward. Even when I'm 3-chesting an M7, I'm hoping to get at least WF in one of the slots I need an upgrade. So maybe a 5% chance of loot on a high-level of difficulty for my gear. I can do it, but the character advancement doesn't fall in line with the effort involved. AK works to mitigate this problem by providing a non-ilvl increase in character power - in 20 M7 runs, just AP is going to reward me with a fair bit of DPS and HPs so even if my e-peen hasn't grown at least my character has.

View attachment 110458

The one that says 3 days on the app is 3 days and 13 hours. It will be three days from when the first one completes. Are you mistaking 5 days 23 hours for 5 days? Basically the first one takes 3 days, the second one takes 3 days plus whatever time you have left.

Edit: @Booze - It goes super fast now. So my DK is AK 8, almost 9 so at 3 days each I am less then a month at max level. I am ilvl 868 and already have 2 gold dragons in two weapons. I'm not poopsocking it and as an alt he has never seen more then heroic EN. This expac is actually really alt friendly.

Ah, yes that's my mistake. AK does not research simultaneously.

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I got a socketed titanforged wrist today. It's only 865, but I'm just a filthy casual so it was a reasonable upgrade from crafted.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
uhm....an 890 str/mastery trinket is probably bis at the moment also in nighthold warriors with 4 piece are going to be stacking mastery.

i wear an 890 str/mastery and an 875 str/mastery

Khane

Got something right about marriage
So today was my first really bad experience with Mythic+ as a whole.

I think since a lot of people got AK25 they've decided to start farming Mythics now. It was almost as bad as going to the gym on January 2nd

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
So today was my first really bad experience with Mythic+ as a whole.

I think since a lot of people got AK25 they've decided to start farming Mythics now. It was almost as bad as going to the gym on January 2nd
I have yet to pug a mythic. Feels good man