World of Warcraft: Current Year

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Question on healing in heroic night hold - what's a good ilevel to be at for nighthold heroic. Currently i877 tho this is a bit inflated by two i940 legendaries. I've cleared normal now a couple times so figured I'd give heroic a shot but so far only gotten groups at augur krosus and spell blade. And the damage just seems out of control. Especially on krosus - almost got em but he was just destroying the tanks sometimes and it sure what I could have even done. So I guess what Ilvl should a tank be for nh heroic is a good question as well

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I think warcraftlogs has something about a group's ilevel and the lowest ilevel that has seen success on any given encounter (it could be wowprogress - after looking for a few minutes, I couldn't find it on either site).

In any case, a raid that drops 885-895 ilevel items probably calls for an average ilevel of 875+ since, as you said, ilevel can be heavily skewed upwards by a couple very high ilevel items. This is all feels data though. My raid's ilevel for our first H Krosus kill was 889.0; H Gul'dan was 890.4.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
For Balance, there are only 3 talents that are critical to your dps in single or AOE. If you're doing less than 400k using Memekin on Botanist, you're doing something wrong. First stage your dps will be terrible, but once you get the three bosses out, shit gets crazy. Tomps and I pulled nearly 600k on our last run.

Warcraft Logs - Combat Analysis for Warcraft

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
This is a great example of flipping your spec for the fights in NH. I should do this, I'm just lazy. And poor. And the single target rotation is boring as shit.
Tomes are about 120g per on my realm. They'd be even cheaper to just make yourself. If you're bothering to flask you should bother to get tomes.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Is nighthold going ot be the last raid of this expansion is it? I forget when it even came out since I'm so late to the party. Don't think I heard of next expac announced yet?

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Is nighthold going ot be the last raid of this expansion is it? I forget when it even came out since I'm so late to the party. Don't think I heard of next expac announced yet?
Nah, Nighthold is really the first full-fledged raid of the expansion. Tomb of Sargeras will be with 7.2, and then I imagine there will be another raid or two with the 7.3 Argus release. Seems like they have plans for the expansion at least through 2017.

Expansion only released five months ago.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah it sounded from blizzcon like they're trying to put more raids in. I don't think anyone expected tomb of sargeras to be announced so soon

Rime

<Donor>
Keep in mind that the raid will not likely open when 7.2 comes out. They are talking about doing some Isle of QD/Thunder with it. Where you have to collect resources to build up the zone leading to the offensive on the Tomb itself. They did this with Nighthold as well. An 8-Week questline between when the patch dropped and the raid opened.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I wouldn't rule out the possibility of another ToV type raid between 7.2 (TOS) and 7.3 (Argus). It probably depends on how comfortable they are with the length of time between 7.3's raid release and the next expansion. I can envision a 2-3 encounter raid where we open the portal to argus.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
finally downed Gul'dan on Heroic after we derped on it for way too long. got the tank trinket legendary :feelsbadman:

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Junun

Silver Knight of the Realm
I can't check now but I know I switched most of my talents out for memekin. I know I didn't take the 3 instant cast lunarstrikes, but I may not have switched out of chosen of elune, which may help quite a bit.

Spec seems more important than ever for boomkins. Here is a good guide for ideals specs for each fight in NH. I for one know i'll be switching more often in H NH.

Nighthold Patch 7.1.5 Balance Druid Talent Recommendations

• 1Solidarity

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Balance druid is just one of those dps specs that takes a lot more than other classes to get the most out of while also not feeling very rewarding. Feral is that way too except worse.

• 1Salty

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Balance druid is just one of those dps specs that takes a lot more than other classes to get the most out of while also not feeling very rewarding. Feral is that way too except worse.

Seriously. Worst spec to try and play drunk. And stoned. With a 300+ ping.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Seriously. Worst spec to try and play drunk. And stoned. With a 300+ ping.
Without the 300 ping, its freaking awesome drunk AND stoned. Not as fun as DH tho.

But seriously, balance has to be in a good place if I can get good DPS out of it, an actual good player must do a fuck of a lot better than me.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I am already so sick of mythic Botanist. I don't know what about this fight that makes it feel like it takes for-fucking-ever, but goddamn it feels exhausting. Fucking solar collapse is the touchiest goddamn thing, too. Got to 50% on the last dude, but stuff keeps falling apart.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Any know a good stat optimization site and/or general tanking discussion site? Finding the optimal setup for gear/spec/rotation on a Brewmaster seems difficult.