World of Warcraft: Current Year

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Google brewmaster monk discord. Join the discord. Read the pins and/or FAQ/Guide channel.

Jox

Molten Core Raider
This week requires help from dps more than other weeks. They need to know their target priorities and to help you kite. Resto shaman can also bypass necrotic and don't do BRH, just don't.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah I remember before going on and on about how I hated M+ but now I'm enjoying it and doing it a lot more. Some dungeons I am pro at like maw and some I'm still too wet behind the ears like vow.

The DHT was just a shit fest. I don't necessarily think it was anyone's fault ,just got gibbed by tigers a few times and some other stuff.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
A lot of DHT is on the tank to pull correctly. The Pat's in there can chain to other mobs really quickly.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Finished a +16 maw earlier, how in the fuck are you supposed to survive enraged+fortified+necrotic on mobs that cant be CC'd and small spaces to maneuver in.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
On the plus side at least maw is short. I've done a few 11s this week and some were OK and others were just shit shows. I guess a lot is on the group.

So we're doing heroic this week. Besides the obvious mechanic checks, what DPS numbers are required as a baseline ?

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
the prot 2 piece is pretty amazing i'm only 1/4 since we have been funneling the sets to dps and i'm fairly certain my coin rerolls are broke but with the set i'll be at 76% crit block chance, but i totally agree that its probably the most lackluster sounding effect ....

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
the prot 2 piece is pretty amazing i'm only 1/4 since we have been funneling the sets to dps and i'm fairly certain my coin rerolls are broke but with the set i'll be at 76% crit block chance, but i totally agree that its probably the most lackluster sounding effect ....
Yeah it's amazing it just isn't flashy. Also it broke my weakaura

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
On the plus side at least maw is short. I've done a few 11s this week and some were OK and others were just shit shows. I guess a lot is on the group.

So we're doing heroic this week. Besides the obvious mechanic checks, what DPS numbers are required as a baseline ?
400k dps is minimum from any dps

Palum

what Suineg set it to
400K is like the drop the guy from the raid minimum though, if that's most of your dps you are going to struggle on many bosses on heroic.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Finished a +16 maw earlier, how in the fuck are you supposed to survive enraged+fortified+necrotic on mobs that cant be CC'd and small spaces to maneuver in.

Maw is one of the hardest dungeons to complete in time at higher M+ levels. Precisely because half the dungeon cannot be CC'd and hit like a truck.

Meanwhile you have dungeons like CoS and VoW which are pretty easy to finish on time because there isn't much trash, the pulls are small, and pretty much everything can be CC'd

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
yea i prefer VoW, EoA, or Arcway at higher levels.

CoS scales really rough though on weeks with Tyrannical the last boss will destroy folks on anything higher than a 14 unless you've got a stacked group. not to mention him being nearly impossible on weeks with tyrannical/volcanic (his shadow adds also spawn volcanic puddles).

the swiftblades/soulkeepers in MoS are some of the hardest hitting non-boss mobs in the game and all the pulls inside the boat leave very little room to maneuver. the mini-boss Skadi on the boat is also boosted with fortified and the adds spread necrotic so unless you clear a fairly large area or have battle rez's he's really hard to get down.

Last edited: