World of Warcraft: Current Year

Rime

<Donor>
If you are a healer, once you get the Chromie talent that makes her into a tank, you can 7/8 or 8/8 the scenario without any other talents.

If you are not a healer, it is significantly more difficult to 8/8 the dungeon. The only people I have seen do it were people who could off-heal and still went the Chromie tank route. Chromie just stands in every fucking AoE.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I might have to give that a try, I've only been doing it in tank spec pulling everything and letting her just fight shit, now that I know what to do in everything I might just heal away instead.

Poor ele can't catch a break. At least they do well in M+?
I don't know how they are this patch, but up until this point they've done really well in any M+ I've been in with one. Lots of AOE dmg.

Rime

<Donor>
This thread on reddit has lots of information about the Chromie scenario. More and more people (and not just healers) are managing to 8/8 it. But it requires a shit-ton of luck in getting portal skips.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
The Chromie thing is just what was needed for filthy casuals that still have an element of semi-hardcore leanings. Between this and the old withered scenario from Suramar I think they have a very nice new content stream.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
If you're a tank the withered scenario is a joke, I can get over 400 points easy with only 8 dudes. Hopefully chromie is better than that.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Whew, doing Chromie as heals with Chromie using the tank talent is definitely less shitty than trying as a DPS or tank. Makes a big difference, she is a beast. Though definitely reliant on a portal/shrine skip or two unless you are Chromie Jesus.

If anyone here has beaten it, is there a reward for continuing to do it after you get the quest rewards? Like a daily AP token or something?

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
M nighthold went pretty well with the new BrM, i tried RJW but i dont have the playstyle down yet and muscle memory took over. so i feel like i wasted that talent by not maximizing uptime, SD is a fair alternative and there is only a 2-3% dps difference in the 2.

Brew gen felt good but it seems like we aren't supposed to purify as much as we do now, for instance on Mspellblade i just had to eat the annihilates with 1 purify and let my stagger fall off normally instead of doing a double purify (this is probably their intended reason behind the change). It'll take a few more raids and M+ to get the hang of but overall its not a bad change.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
That's why I have Chi Wave as a talent, because I cannot stop hitting that fucking button.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
We haven't talked about this.

We’re currently working on a hotfix intended to significantly reduce the amount of time it takes to reach the Artifact Knowledge cap of 40, in order to allow returning players to catch up more quickly.

Specifically, this hotfix will reduce the time it takes to research ranks of Artifact Knowledge between 26 and 40 to approximately 4 hours each. We hope to make this retroactive to any work orders already in progress when the hotfix is applied. Once these changes are live, a returning player should be able to reach the maximum level of Artifact Knowledge in only a few days.

This hotfix will require extensive testing, but our goal is to apply it within the next day or so.

• 1Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 1 users

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
I find it kind of silly though that some of the talents take 1-5 days to learn... in a scenario about going forward/back in time.

Stuff in WoW is inexplicably time-gated? sayitaintso.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Beat the chromie scenario this morning. Plate set is pretty ugly.

Just going after all the chests and killing the elite gigantasaurs + shrine bosses is probably a pretty good way to farm timewarped badges.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Got enough timewarped badges to let me finish up my new pandarian dragon mount which is a lot fancier than my previous one worth the 5k tokens.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Interesting that they are doing that with the Artifact Knowledge. They must have realized that people were not logging in often enough to keep their AK research up-to-date.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Interesting that they are doing that with the Artifact Knowledge. They must have realized that people were not logging in often enough to keep their AK research up-to-date.
Don't even have to logon. Can do it right from your phone and it's actually easier than logging in and walking over. Just dumb they put it in right after we all got 40 legitimately

xzi

Mouthbreather
Apparently blizzard lied about legendaries being in old world quest boxes and the new ones do in fact drop out of them.

Good to know I opened like 30 of them because they explicitly said new legendaries will not come from them. Cool.

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>
Apparently blizzard lied about legendaries being in old world quest boxes and the new ones do in fact drop out of them.

Good to know I opened like 30 of them because they explicitly said new legendaries will not come from them. Cool.
Look at it this way they saved you from that disappointed feeling when you didn't get any legendaries from all those boxes you sat on! Which is what happened to me :(

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>

I thought that was in reference to the Legionfall bags from the supply turn-ins.