World of Warcraft: Current Year

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Rekt.

I don't have any ledgendaries so I'm gambling 4k shards on the shoulder and hoping to RNGesus I get the ring come Tuesday

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Also even though you're 890 are your secondary stats where they need to be? Even if I upgrade a couple pieces I'll usually have to reevaluate my gear to make sure my secondaries aren't way out of whack (and they usually are)

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Definitely not optimal. However I know Int is weighted far heavier then most things. I thought the rule was +5 ilvls it doesn't really matter on stats as long as it has more +primary.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I also have some really shitty trinkets. I know trinkets don't weigh as heavily as they did in Pandaria, but I'm sure they are probably most important item after weapon still.

EDIT: not including legos

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
On a side note, whats the fastest way to get Revered with Legionfall. It's the only thing I need for flying and I sure am tired of hating everybody I see flying around me.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Do every wq, kill every single rare, and loot every chest for supplies.

Right now is a good time for it, legionfall supplies have a chance to be doubled if you pick up the command center buff from the dude in deliverence point.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
On a side note, whats the fastest way to get Revered with Legionfall. It's the only thing I need for flying and I sure am tired of hating everybody I see flying around me.

Did you do all 8 weeks worth of the 1500 rep shit?

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Definitely not optimal. However I know Int is weighted far heavier then most things. I thought the rule was +5 ilvls it doesn't really matter on stats as long as it has more +primary.
Rule of thumb is: item with both main secondaries = base, item with only 1 main secondary = -5ilvl, item with none of your 2 mains = -10ilvl.

More realistically, download Pawn and it will tell you how much in +% the item is relative to your current one.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Rule of thumb is: item with both main secondaries = base, item with only 1 main secondary = -5ilvl, item with none of your 2 mains = -10ilvl.

More realistically, download Pawn and it will tell you how much in +% the item is relative to your current one.

To follow up on Ukerric here, stat weights depend on the spec. Some specs have a secondary stats that are better than a primary stat (this seems like a bad design to me). For example, Boomkin have haste over int, and Arms Warior has two secondaries over Str, I think.

There are various ways to get your stat weights, with various levels of accuracy. Stat weights will change depending on current stat levels, so, for example, Vers might be the best up to 10%, then if falls to last.

The most accurate way, that I have seen recommended, is to use SimCraft (SimulationCraft - Download) and then load those numbers in game, into the Pawn add-on. Otherwise, you can use AskMrRobot.com free service to get a rough estimate for gear scores. The paid part of AskMrRobot may be more accurate, but I have not used it.

Here is a guide from Wowhead on Simcraft and Pawn, with pictures: How To Use Simulationcraft and Pawn

Here is a condensed walkthrough to use SimCraft for stat weights:
  1. Go to the options main tab
  2. In options sub tabs, go to scaling
  3. check box "Enable Scaling"
  4. Go down to the bottom boxes and only select stats relevant to your class. (Say for Rogue, I check Agi, Crit, Haste, Mastery, & Vers)
  5. Go to the import main tab
  6. Select realm and type in character name
  7. Hit import
  8. Hit simulate at the bottom
  9. Wait for it to finish and automatically open up the results tab (this make take a min and use a lot of system resources)
  10. In the results tab, scroll down to the forth box that has the "Pawn string"
  11. Copy the string
  12. Back in game, open Pawn menu
  13. Click the spec of choice
  14. Click manual (let me manage scales) at the bottom
  15. Select Import
  16. Paste the "Pawn string" from Simcraft.
  17. Mouse over gear to see what the score is.

Qwirb

Silver Knight of the Realm
Some of the class discords have sim bots that allow you to sim and calculate stat weights for your character without having to download the newest version of simc every time you want to do it. It doesn't let you run different scenarios but it's great for the quick and dirty stuff.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
So...

7.2.5 has BT time walking. And after further inspection it's only available during Outland time walking. Which is when?

Why in the absolute fuck would they release such a monumental change and make it not available until months later?? Are they really this dumb? Or did the calendar change?

From what I could tell today is pandaria time walking and the next Outland one isn't even on the calendar.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Yep.

Just like how legendary appearances won't ever be transmoggable! Except all the ones we add while we tell you to stop asking because it'll never happen, of course.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
TBC Timewalking will be next on the list after Pandaria. It goes in order.

TBC -> WoTLK -> Cata -> MoP

Khane

Got something right about marriage
So Blizzard, in all their infinite wisdom, seems to have moved the login queues from the games themselves (like WoW or Heroes) to the Blizzard launcher app. As a result I'm in a gigantic 2 hour queue just to get into the app and can't even download the patch while waiting.

Does anyone know if/where you can manually download the patch without using the Blizzard launcher?