World of Warcraft: Current Year

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Transmogs are fun. Also, some gear pieces really look horrible, like those plate "robes" out of EN. Plate robes? Come on.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I actually enjoyed tanking in that haha. I am like this in real life so it's not surprising. All my guitars look very plain.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Alkorin Alkorin you will get the people whining about that mythical "open world PVP" though.

Not a single fuck given. Also, existing transmogs allow me to run around, as a warrior, in a robe with 2 daggers and mess people up while in fury spec, so they've missed the mark here anyway.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Since vanilla they've balanced stuff around PvP for whatever goddamn reason. Wouldn't expect change this far in. I tried to watch rated bgs recently and it's so slow and boring, same with arena. Yet you have these degenerates actually doing it.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
PVP should be battlegrounds where everyone plays the same type of cookie cutter characters. Then we'll see who has real skill.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So I've been getting better at simming my character. Quick question, as I'm sure everyone uses pawn, do pawn strings take into account tier bonuses/procs and on-use effects? I'm guessing you would have to sim on the fly if you think you need an upgrade from the raid?

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
So I've been getting better at simming my character. Quick question, as I'm sure everyone uses pawn, do pawn strings take into account tier bonuses/procs and on-use effects? I'm guessing you would have to sim on the fly if you think you need an upgrade from the raid?
All those things are simmable but not calculated in pawn. Pawn is purely stats alone.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I think in general good players have an idea what items they're hunting. As a tank I don't sim but in general I'm hunting tier and certain trinkets

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I think in general good players have an idea what items they're hunting. As a tank I don't sim but in general I'm hunting tier and certain trinkets
Yeah simming can be useful for things that are around the same ilvl to see if that +20 haste -20 crit is going to get you that extra 38 dps.

You should know ahead of time the trinkets for your spec.

The one thing that I dim for is alts because I can't bother knowing stat priorities for six specs/classes.

Qwirb

Silver Knight of the Realm

If you look at your class discord, a lot of them have posted sims for different trinkets and effects that you could use to figure out upgrades on the fly without running the sims yourself.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I think their reasoning was to do it like this to see how it plays out for an expansion and then at the end when we throw our weapons into mount doom or whatever the fuck they have a clean slate to take what worked and get rid of what did not for whatever their next iteration is in the next expansion pack.

I personally think their reason for doing this was more timegating like the rest of the entire expansion, and it's backfiring because people don't give a shit anymore and would rather not log on because they took it too far.

Not a single fuck given. Also, existing transmogs allow me to run around, as a warrior, in a robe with 2 daggers and mess people up while in fury spec, so they've missed the mark here anyway.

On the topic of transmogs, I really miss being able to use a 1h/shield as holy. I mean having the option to have a healing 2h was always super cool but when they first introduced it I thought it was going to be 2h/holding a tome like Uther.. like they said it was going to be. Instead it just sits on your belt and looks stupid as fuck and you can't transmog it anyways (that's why I mog to a diff weapon so you can't see the awful tome). I thought even 2h/shield would be god damn amazing but nope. Fuckin' commies

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yeah, that annoyed me about the holy paladin artifact too, I used to have a shield on my back for a long time. I had some really cool transmogs for it.