World of Warcraft: Current Year

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Don't worry about emissary's on multiple alts.
At the moment, doing that a bit is useful since you'll want to upgrade your current legendaries (unless they're shit, and you hope for the new ones).

I made so many alts because our guild needed to get the class/race combos for achievement (back then), plus I wanted to cover all professions and get more transmutation speced alchemists.

I've kept them slightly current, but I don't really play them. I'll rotate the emissaries for them until they've upgraded it all.

(the classes with auto-complete WQ also grab Mark of Honor for xmog purchase on my main)

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
I have concordance on 6 specs across 4 characters (all tanks) they are all around 901, 892, 917, 910 ilevels. We dont even do splits so I dropped down to only playing 1 alt. Honestly with AK 40 you can get concordance on an alt in ~ a week just doing WQ that give AP, higher level concordance helps but its not necessarily required for tanks. The main reason i do the Emissary's is the legendary chance, i couldn't care less about mounts etc (even though my warrior has 3 of the rare rep mounts randomly).

Method was doing 4-5 split clears of mythic after their main raid downed Gul'dan, having the full roster ready for Mythic after heroic gearing means they could swap out to the optimal comp for the fight. subsequent clears fights weren't as comp restrictive. Like on mythic spellblade you can cheese it by only bringing a minimal number of range to target where the marks will go.

We got some pulls on Heroic KJ last night, best attempt was ~30%. that fight scales weirdly we went in with 26 people initially but people were getting one shot by the dreadflames we dropped the roster down to 20 and easily pushed phase 1 before the extra Armageddon and the dreadflame soaks weren't nearly as oppressive.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
So that is probably heading right for old gods/Void lords after the Legion is over and Sargeras is redeemed Illidan-style to fight the even bigger Void baddies!
The next expansion is called The Universal Crusade, and this time, WE are the ones leading the purge of every single trace of void gods so that the universe is finally safe for the birth of Azeroth.

(which does sounds suspiciously like Azatoth, one of the lovecraftian old god figures)

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm just hoping next expac we have full artifact gear so there are no more raid drops and everyone looks the same the entire expansion. Because really it's been scientifically.proven that weapon drops were not fun and no one enjoyed getting new weapon models

Rime

<Donor>
Say what you want, but I think the Artifact System was a good idea. It just needs to ALWAYS have a reachable end goal. Not this shit six trillion AP cap that it currently is.

Hell. Make it a trinket or a ring or something next expansion. But it gives you something to do outside of the raid that you can 'progress' on with even 10-15 minutes to play.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Im a person that always enjoyed new weapon drops. They could've just hamfisted the AP system into an AA system that we carry for expansions to come. Unfortunately they inflated the absolute dick fuck out of the numbers already

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Im a person that always enjoyed new weapon drops. They could've just hamfisted the AP system into an AA system that we carry for expansions to come. Unfortunately they inflated the absolute dick fuck out of the numbers already

I think their reasoning was to do it like this to see how it plays out for an expansion and then at the end when we throw our weapons into mount doom or whatever the fuck they have a clean slate to take what worked and get rid of what did not for whatever their next iteration is in the next expansion pack.

Palum

what Suineg set it to

There's zero reasons they couldn't just drop cosmetic models, they added several this way with invasion models and now Maiden, etc. They just didn't because I assume they couldn't afford to pay Philippe the Starbucks Intern to stay on another year and produce high quality models such as "Stick with Barrel", "Stick 2 with Different Barrel", and everyone's favorite "Stick 3 with Cool Glowing Barrel".

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I think their reasoning was to do it like this to see how it plays out for an expansion and then at the end when we throw our weapons into mount doom or whatever the fuck they have a clean slate to take what worked and get rid of what did not for whatever their next iteration is in the next expansion pack.
I'd choose Legion style AAs over EverQuest style AAs every time. EQ's AAs were extremely short sighted and placed a functionally insurmountable barrier to reentry for returning players.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
What annoyed the hell out of me were the class changes to deadlock you into certain weapon types for certain specs. Windwalker monk got stuck with fists, which you can't transmog the artifact to anything BUT fists. Of course, the graphics are only visible for certain attacks. Frost DKs got locked into dual wielding, which is cool in itself, but I loved 2-handed Obliterates. Hunters lost ranged Survival to a lackluster 2-handed melee.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I hope they carry over some of the really fun/useful perks and abilities from legendaries and artifacts into the next expansion. For example, I'm addicted to having 3 charges of heroic leap from my legendary shoulders + shorter cooldown on it from prot artifact. I leap everywhere. In the next expansion I can't go back to walking everywhere like some shlub dk.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
It was the cloak before, the ring after that. They're just regurgitating the leveling system, offsetting gearing, and talents, into different systems that play out at "end game". My least favorite part about the artifact weapon is the relics that have critical impact on specific spells. Yay, 20ilvl upgrade, but it gives me more armor and nurfs my primary spell... great.

How much more can they piecemeal the features our classes had as a whole at one point, before they strip us down to one ability when we hit level 120, and we need to collect more shit to gain our ability set.... or something as equally stupid and rudimentary.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
What annoyed the hell out of me were the class changes to deadlock you into certain weapon types for certain specs. Windwalker monk got stuck with fists, which you can't transmog the artifact to anything BUT fists. Of course, the graphics are only visible for certain attacks. Frost DKs got locked into dual wielding, which is cool in itself, but I loved 2-handed Obliterates. Hunters lost ranged Survival to a lackluster 2-handed melee.

I really liked and miss 1H Daggers+OH on my druid. Mostly because moonkin form looks stupid, and was huge enough on its own, let alone having some giant ass staff on my back. And I really, really like the dagger that dropped off Lady Vashj. Fang of Vashj

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
They should remove usage requirements on transmogs and allow all classes/races to transmog to all items, period. The fact that warriors can transmog almost any weapon while some classes are limited to a certain style only is ridiculous. It's also why I never run any transmog run with anything but my warrior.

If I want to run around as a mage with warglaives, that should be up to me. Goddamn fascists.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
They should remove usage requirements on transmogs and allow all classes/races to transmog to all items, period. The fact that warriors can transmog almost any weapon while some classes are limited to a certain style only is ridiculous. It's also why I never run any transmog run with anything but my warrior.

If I want to run around as a mage with warglaives, that should be up to me. Goddamn fascists.
It's literally because of PVP that they don't allow this which infuriates me even more. They want you to be able to spot a class based on armor from a mile away.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
PvP can get bent. They should be able to come up with something that will remove the display of all transmogs while you're in a BG/Arena/whatever if that's their beef.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
It's literally because of PVP that they don't allow this which infuriates me even more. They want you to be able to spot a class based on armor from a mile away.
Weapons, not armor. Which was another reason I liked 1h+OH. Though I wish you could tmog lower level gear - I'd sport some clothy shit.