World of Warcraft: Current Year

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
speaking of scaling, we ran a 14 MoS yesterday after the M+ "buffs" and holy shit is that difficult. It was a guild group, all in discord, our strongest guild healer, 915+ equipped on everyone and we will still losing people every pull due to some random effect. Harbaron took us 4-5 wipes because the scythe can one shot any dps. i was taking 2 million damage per tick from the tentacle rupture on Helya + whatever my stagger was at. in the span of about 5 seconds i took ~ 8.5 million damage (i have 7.1 million health).

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Don't worry about emissary's on multiple alts. Just doing stuff you like doing likely will kick out enough legendaries for them over time. Unless there is something specific you are hunting for from the emmisary boxes really is not worth the effort stressing out and doing a ton of those any more. You likely have more than enough rep on your main character for flight so unless you need some specific patterns no reason to grind rep on alts.

Lol stuff you like

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yes if you don't like anything in wow the answer is don't play it. But if there is still stuff you enjoy doing just do that. Emmisary quests were useful to get one characters rep up enough for flight but after that unless you are aiming for something you really want and need rep to get it there is just no reason to do them. Plenty of other ways to get shots at legendaries if that is what they are hunting.

Even my alts I hardly play wind up getting a legendary or two just puttering around on them.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
The bonus rep boxes drop unique items if you just like doing world quests for fun like I do. I got a mount out of a Valarjar bonus box (not the emmisary box). Though I do get annoyed when I run out of wq's and they refresh only the shittiest ones with minor gold rewards. The murky and brightwing ones are especially annoying because they take as long to do now as they did the first day. I can clear an entire area fairly quickly save for those. They always take 7-10 minutes.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
You're talking about mythic raiders though that are essentially ahead of the curve ™, they can't just so some minimal junk once a week. Most world first guilds require 3 or 4 fully geared and optimized alts. Not that any of us are in those guilds. I guess koushirou was the closest.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
You're talking about mythic raiders though that are essentially ahead of the curve ™, they can't just so some minimal junk once a week. Most world first guilds require 3 or 4 fully geared and optimized alts. Not that any of us are in those guilds. I guess koushirou was the closest.

Motherfuckers running multiples of the same class/spec and using the ones that get the best lego rolls... Ain't nobody got time for that.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I really hope we tie up the Legion storyline this expansion. Give me more old gods or the Void Lords or something.

If you read the quest text for the leggo upgrade item, it mentions, 'something is making the power of Aman'thul unstable, but it can't be the Legion, I wonder what it could be..??????'; tying that in with Il'gynoth's little mind statement about '5 torches to light our path' or whatever, I think that pretty much seals that fucking with the Tomb of Sargeras and the Pillars is going to unleash N'Zoth from whatever prison he is in. So that is probably heading right for old gods/Void lords after the Legion is over and Sargeras is redeemed Illidan-style to fight the even bigger Void baddies!

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I didn't do any of the crazy multiple same class alts shit. Fuck that. My guild only required one ready alt for splits (900ilvl and concordance). I couldn't imagine trying to do any more than that (got my dumb alt concordance barely in time for the raid to be released).

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Motherfuckers running multiples of the same class/spec and using the ones that get the best lego rolls... Ain't nobody got time for that.
Not even that. I mean 4 or 5 different classes fully geared.

For instance slootbag was saying his new guild wouldn't be hardcore raiders but more laid back. Watched the motherfuckers stream and they're doing like 4 split runs already. Guys like that can't control themselves.

Meanwhile we have some people that can't even play their first class correctly

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
The bonus rep boxes drop unique items if you just like doing world quests for fun like I do. I got a mount out of a Valarjar bonus box (not the emmisary box). Though I do get annoyed when I run out of wq's and they refresh only the shittiest ones with minor gold rewards. The murky and brightwing ones are especially annoying because they take as long to do now as they did the first day. I can clear an entire area fairly quickly save for those. They always take 7-10 minutes.

For those shitty Murky world quests, once you turn into Murky and start the quest, you can just click out of it and do the quest as your regular self. Way faster.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Burns

Not even that. I mean 4 or 5 different classes fully geared.

For instance slootbag was saying his new guild wouldn't be hardcore raiders but more laid back. Watched the motherfuckers stream and they're doing like 4 split runs already. Guys like that can't control themselves.

Meanwhile we have some people that can't even play their first class correctly

How many hours a week does a bleeding edge guild require these days verses vanilla? Are people currently doing raids, emissaries, clearing Broken shore, and M+, for 4 or 5 toons? That just sounds ludicrous. When people were saying split raids, I thought it was just 2 total, half mains in raid one, get loot funneled, and half in the other. I remember it requiring a large amount of time to farm alchemy mats, resist gear, and camping green dragons in Vanilla, but today sounds much worse.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
How many hours a week does a bleeding edge guild require these days verses vanilla? Are people currently doing raids, emissaries, clearing Broken shore, and M+, for 4 or 5 toons? That just sounds ludicrous. When people were saying split raids, I thought it was just 2 total, half mains in raid one, get loot funneled, and half in the other. I remember it requiring a large amount of time to farm alchemy mats, resist gear, and camping green dragons in Vanilla, but today sounds much worse.
They aren't split raiding mythic, so I think they end up going with 2-3 different raids, along without needing any mats for flasks/etc, but I do believe they're doing 1 emissary daily, BS, M+, and the raids.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I really miss doing that, but really I literally only played wow when I did that, now I have a tight group of friends that like playing other games and I actually enjoy playing other games lmao. I want to be hardcore but eh. I like where we stand at the moment at least.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
So I resubbed after a few months, and I'm not exactly sure why. I think my initial thought was that all of the people I really enjoyed playing with would return for Tomb just for some two night a week 10 man fun team. That isn't happening sadly. Or there would actually be an accumulation of content. I mean, it's not a bad game, it's just not exactly fun. Guess I'll burn through this Broken Shore content and run missions for a month.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
If you're just now coming back, there's a lot to do, and a lot of the time gates have been lifted, so you can collect hairy bear asses at your leisure. Overall, if you're not a fan of the redundant questing like a mobile game, the current expansion is lacking. You'll run out of shit to do fairly quickly if you're not raiding (and even then...).