World of Warcraft: Current Year

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
All our players are est. With the exception of like 2
Yea, i know. I just dread the thought of apping to a different guild with a bunch of neck beards to be able to play with some folks on my time zone. Never was a fan of PuG'ing, but might have to do that instead.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
The big fucking irony is Hyjal is a West Coast server on PST.

Screenshot_20170802-222324.jpg

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Hyjal sucks and horde sucks. just terrible decisions all around

• 5Solidarity
  • 4Salty
Reactions: 8 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Oh I know. According to wow progress, there's actually a lot of guilds that raid PST times. Not crazy like Stormrage or anything, but still a few. Was looking at Antisocial Nightclub because they start raids at 9pm PST.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Like I'm gonna a listen to a dude that spends his nights doing pet battles

Besides when legion launched I did a poll and horde won

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

xzi

Mouthbreather
GW2 expac is coming out September 22nd, do we wanna place bets that 7.3 drops Sep. 22nd?

Rime

<Donor>
Would not shock me in the least.

7.3 is shaping up to be good for us 'collectors'. Close to 20 new mounts and 30ish Battle Pets, including a new trainer with a bag drop (/barf) and 18ish new dailies with a Meta-Attached, not to mention Raiding with Leashes: Cuteacylsm (Cataclysm raid drop pets).

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Would not shock me in the least.

7.3 is shaping up to be good for us 'collectors'. Close to 20 new mounts and 30ish Battle Pets, including a new trainer with a bag drop (/barf) and 18ish new dailies with a Meta-Attached, not to mention Raiding with Leashes: Cuteacylsm (Cataclysm raid drop pets).

Not really a surprise, they have to cater to their last remaining players.

Do you happen to own a Wacom tablet?

Rime

<Donor>
Not really a surprise, they have to cater to their last remaining players.

Do you happen to own a Wacom tablet?

Ha. Nope. I am a Heroic (previously Mythic, but my server is dead - So that is likely not going to happen this tier) raider.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I'm really excited about all the new mounts tbh. I'm at 248 right now and I could buy the two to get me to 250 but fuck it. Just got all my WQ rep mounts finallly finished today, need some raids to show me love though.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
GW2 expac is coming out September 22nd, do we wanna place bets that 7.3 drops Sep. 22nd?
Wrong

Time between patches
7.1.0 - 7.1.5 - 77 days

7.1.5 - 7.2.0 - 77 days

7.2.0 - 7.2.5 - 77 days

August 29th, 2017...

7.3.0 ('Argus' instance + new zone)

Stole this from Reddit somewhere. Basically every patch this expansion has been 77 days apart.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Rime

<Donor>
I can see it being the end of August, with a 6-8 week 'lead-up' to the Argus raid opening, putting the raid right around Blizz*Con.

I am amused at all of the people complaining that the patches are 'too fast' this expansion. Every other expansion has been content released 'too slow'. I would much rather it be a new patch every 3ish months.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It only seems fast because they're doing halfway content patches instead of just a single patch.

I'm glad they're doing content at least, even if broken shore was a let down

Rime

<Donor>
It also makes me wonder what the 'big' WoW announcement will be at BlizzCon, then. It is pretty clear (at least I think it is), that 7.3 is the 'final' patch of the expansion. I guess they could have another after it, but I doubt it could top what is going to happen on Argus. Maybe an expansion announcement? One can dream!

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
It only seems fast because they're doing halfway content patches instead of just a single patch.

Yo dawg, I heard you like time gating.

I mean, let's be honest here: Staggering the content over small patches is the most effective way for them to gate things for everybody, including the poopsockers. You can only get so much from data mining. Until the content is actually live, you can't farm it, no matter how many clean(ish) socks you have at your disposal.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I'm really excited about all the new mounts tbh. I'm at 248 right now and I could buy the two to get me to 250 but fuck it. Just got all my WQ rep mounts finallly finished today, need some raids to show me love though.

The class mounts count towards the total across all characters (except for Druid) so if you haven't finished the different versions of the paladin class mount that's 3 more you can get rather quickly. Or can just do it on some alts you may not have finished it on yet. There are 21 total class mounts that count toward the mount total achieves.

• 2Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It also makes me wonder what the 'big' WoW announcement will be at BlizzCon, then. It is pretty clear (at least I think it is), that 7.3 is the 'final' patch of the expansion. I guess they could have another after it, but I doubt it could top what is going to happen on Argus. Maybe an expansion announcement? One can dream!

I would guess that we'll get the raid in 7.3.5 like every other patch this expansion and then. Final 7.4.0 patch with just some Bs end of expansion stuff.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
The class mounts count towards the total across all characters (except for Druid) so if you haven't finished the different versions of the paladin class mount that's 3 more you can get rather quickly. Or can just do it on some alts you may not have finished it on yet. There are 21 total class mounts that count toward the mount total achieves.
They do? Whoa, I totally skipped them on every alt, because it was not worth doing (since I don't need rep because I fly, and I don't need shards because Iksregeed give me free stuff, and I don't need anything else anyway, it's a non-raiding alt).

But if it counts...

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
I am really not enjoying some of the mechanics on Mythic this tier, overall i like ToS a lot better than NH but i think mythic NH was better designed (except for the shit magic damage they added on everything).

its crazy that guilds (mine including) still spend 15 attempts on sisters (or even 2-3 on goroth for that matter) during a reclear just because RNG can screw you so hard. Method wiped on M goroth during their mythic split, and wiped for a good hour on Mistress even after these bosses are "on farm".