World of Warcraft: Current Year

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Make it happen Noodleface Noodleface !

Make FoH great again! I can't wait for the Noodle vs sco show downs!
We're trying. We went from A LOT of people at the beginning of the xpac to not a whole lot. Our first normal raid in EN we had SIXTY people show up. I had to organize two separate normal raids. We cycled through so many people (a lot of really good ones too) that just quit in the 6 month MMO cycle that a lot of people here do.

Additionally we're also drastically trying to change how we play and what constitutes being a raid member. Prior to a few months ago it was "are you breathing" and to be honest I didn't even really enforce that. Now we have separate raider and member ranks and the heartburn associated with that just staggering. To put it into perspective it's a system I employed in nighthold Midway through and I had people completely quit the game over it. It's something you never want, but in the interest of not quitting a guild I love to find a mythic guild I'm here trying to balance a myriad of playstyle.

We have people that joined that I don't even invite to raids anymore. It's tough for me to say "hey I like you as a person.. but you can't play with us." I'm such a softie for bleeding hearts that I even had officer helping people get better. That's all done now though, that's not how a mythic guild works. It can't.

@Sumdain x I knew when you sent the message that we wouldn't be the right fit, although I intentionally did try to persuade you because we'd be absorbing great players. The fact that you guys found a guild that needed two tanks and some healers is great.

I'd love to absorb a small guild but as it stands we're at like... 14 great all star players and a couple good players. I really only need that small handful to elevate us. I just don't see it unless a package deal comes along again. And on that topic I hate package deals.. they almost always leave together.

Recruiting is also difficult because I'm doing it on so many fronts. Reddit, forums, trade chat, sucking dicks behind the 7-11. I'll give xzi xzi credit because in one day he recruited like 8 people lmao. Only one was a great player for us, but he did it.

We also lost a bunch of people in mythic NH when we hit the 4th boss wall. It went from having too many people to being 3 people short every time. We had people blow up on me publicly here saying I could never be a mythic leader. People told me I was a piece of shit because I didn't play every night (I have the 2nd highest ilvl in the guild and parse purple; also 99% attendance). People talked shit behind my back (and some still play). Some people said shit about my boots on the first raid day Crone Crone . Thankfully I'm a pretty mentally stable person even if I sound like fuckin Eeyore when I raid.

Sorry my mini rant is over. I don't even remember the point anymore lol.

Tldr; recruiting is tiring. We'll get there. 14 days.

PS Sco can easily lead a world first guild because he doesn't have to work. Method is his job.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Dem boots tho...
Funny story. Crone gave me shit about my boots but during wod a friend trolled my twitch and asked why I was wearing PvP boots.

This lead to braen continually asking me about upgrading my boots even though he didn't raid

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Additionally we're also drastically trying to change how we play and what constitutes being a raid member. Prior to a few months ago it was "are you breathing" and to be honest I didn't even really enforce that. Now we have separate raider and member ranks and the heartburn associated with that just staggering. To put it into perspective it's a system I employed in nighthold Midway through and I had people completely quit the game over it. It's something you never want, but in the interest of not quitting a guild I love to find a mythic guild I'm here trying to balance a myriad of playstyle.

In light of progression participation, I've actually started coming to Friday raids not completely stoned out of my mind (or raging drunk). Made a huge difference in my performance. I raided all of Heroic (before Mythic was a thing) in Mists completely blazed, and performed well. Though more of the fights now can be as obnoxiously complicated as Blackfuse was. Hated that fkn fight.

However, now that fun night is back to "fun", I might run off some cliffs, or stand in some fire on Thursdays. :emoji_unicorn:

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
We're trying. We went from A LOT of people at the beginning of the xpac to not a whole lot. Our first normal raid in EN we had SIXTY people show up. I had to organize two separate normal raids. We cycled through so many people (a lot of really good ones too) that just quit in the 6 month MMO cycle that a lot of people here do.

We have people that joined that I don't even invite to raids anymore. It's tough for me to say "hey I like you as a person.. but you can't play with us." I'm such a softie for bleeding hearts that I even had officer helping people get better. That's all done now though, that's not how a mythic guild works. It can't.

@Sumdain x I knew when you sent the message that we wouldn't be the right fit, although I intentionally did try to persuade you because we'd be absorbing great players. The fact that you guys found a guild that needed two tanks and some healers is great.

I'd love to absorb a small guild but as it stands we're at like... 14 great all star players and a couple good players. I really only need that small handful to elevate us. I just don't see it unless a package deal comes along again. And on that topic I hate package deals.. they almost always leave together.

Recruiting is also difficult because I'm doing it on so many fronts. Reddit, forums, trade chat, sucking dicks behind the 7-11. I'll give xzi xzi credit because in one day he recruited like 8 people lmao. Only one was a great player for us, but he did it.

We also lost a bunch of people in mythic NH when we hit the 4th boss wall. It went from having too many people to being 3 people short every time. We had people blow up on me publicly here saying I could never be a mythic leader. People told me I was a piece of shit because I didn't play every night (I have the 2nd highest ilvl in the guild and parse purple; also 99% attendance). People talked shit behind my back (and some still play). Some people said shit about my boots on the first raid day Crone Crone . Thankfully I'm a pretty mentally stable person even if I sound like fuckin Eeyore when I raid.

Sorry my mini rant is over. I don't even remember the point anymore lol.

Tldr; recruiting is tiring. We'll get there. 14 days.

PS Sco can easily lead a world first guild because he doesn't have to work. Method is his job.

This seriously sums up why I never want to go back to mythic raiding, guild admin and recruiting shit is the worst. It would make me fall back into the 6 month and done xpac cycle too.

Last edited:

xzi

Mouthbreather
why are the only people I talk to that want to join the guild healers with no dps spec and want to join as a couple

stop

Lenaldo

Golden Knight of the Realm
why are the only people I talk to that want to join the guild healers with no dps spec and want to join as a couple

stop

Ya. Recruiting sucks. It's especially hard to balance all the personalities in this guild like you said. It does feel like we are very close to having a decent core... But getting a handful more stable dps seems to be impossible. This surprises me so much since it seems like there should be a million of them, but unfortunately they all seem really bad.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Ya. Recruiting sucks. It's especially hard to balance all the personalities in this guild like you said. It does feel like we are very close to having a decent core... But getting a handful more stable dps seems to be impossible. This surprises me so much since it seems like there should be a million of them, but unfortunately they all seem really bad.
Recruiting now is a shit show.

It's basically either all tanks and healers or a group of 7 people

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
That's mostly because DPS don't get recruited by a guild progressing on mythic unless they are rocking 920+ gear or 910+ and a highly needed spec. So either the mythic guild derps around hoping to pull the rare high ilevel that actually knows their stuff or is willing to gear up someone in the 900+ range if they prove they can pull good numbers for their ilevel. Most guilds don't even bother with the latter.

edit: When I used to raid hardcore we actually geared people who showed good numbers at lower ilevels. Take them on the farm content, slap on some upgrades and you have someone who is usually grateful they got the chance and can contribute. Instead low end mythic guilds are trying to recruit people exclusively who are almost at the ilevel of their current content. Well, most of those people would be solidly guilded if they didn't suck. Getting that 920+ ilevel is simply a matter of time if you play the same toon exclusively due to titanforge and then raid leaders wonder why that 924 warrior is 250k+ dps below what he should be parsing.

Last edited:

xzi

Mouthbreather
I mean, I wish that were an option for us. Mythic being restricted to your server only when it's current content is okay but we play on a low pop server, and it's hard to sell a server transfer on a "maybe we'll have 4 more next week"

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
I mean, I wish that were an option for us. Mythic being restricted to your server only when it's current content is okay but we play on a low pop server, and it's hard to sell a server transfer on a "maybe we'll have 4 more next week"

I feel you, not a chance in hell I'd try running a dedicated mythic guild on a low pop. Xrealm bullshit is, aside from titanforge, my least favorite thing blizz has done with the game. Put the final nail in the community coffin and pretty much ensured that low pop servers have no effective raiding base because they can do their normals and heroics in xrealm pugs and then if they get the urge to do some mythic they just transfer to KJ/Sarg etc.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Just did the Illidan raid that's part of your Order Hall quests. hahaha, that shit was great. Who pulled aggro!

Noodleface Noodleface This is a sign you should start your raids about 11pm EST, and pull in some sweet ass PST players.

Last edited:

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Yeah all that shit you are dealing with Noodle I know first hand for doing the same over the years. Even back in EQ days up until Cata which was when I finally stopped leading guilds. Then I pretty much skipped Pandaland and joined up with you guys at the end of WoD. One of the hardest parts is so many people would rather just follow someone else. Setting up even basic raids to run off nights or whatever is pretty easy to do but all of the kindergarten bullshit that comes with it just is just demoralizing.

I stopped playing once I moved and started this new job which has me traveling 6 days a week, been doing this shit the last 6 months now and I think I might quit, if I do I'm happy to start running with you guys again. Honestly I think your balance of clearing Heroic and dipping toes into Mythic is a pretty decent place to be. The amount of additional effort to clear Mythic often isn't worth it for the Guild Leader or Officers. Then again most guild leaders and officers are stupid so we do shit against our own self interest.

Also your boots did suck shit, and you never play, what the fuck is wrong with you.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
People don't want to casually do heroic and some mythic though. It was fine in NH but people want the challenge now. They got the taste.

The only challenge in heroic so far is KJ and the other challenge is carrying shitters

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Buddy says the first boss in new raid tier is the hardest he's seen for a long time maybe ever.

EDIT: To clarify the hardest first boss.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
All our players are est. With the exception of like 2

I'm CST, so 8-11 for me isn't bad. Though Mondays suck. I could raid Wed-Fri every week.

People don't want to casually do heroic and some mythic though. It was fine in NH but people want the challenge now. They got the taste.

The only challenge in heroic so far is KJ and the other challenge is carrying shitters

I'd been asking for the challenge, but I also like not beating my head against the wall. So a happy medium of clearing content for fun, with "toe dipping" is actually ideal as far as fun coefficient.

Buddy says the first boss in new raid tier is the hardest he's seen for a long time maybe ever.

EDIT: To clarify the hardest first boss.

Nice. Reminds me of Hyjal, Sunwell, Black Temple after the cheese that was the earlier raids during BC. Goroth mythic was nice and refreshing, in that it needlessly beat our shit in over simple mechanics, much like KJ, in that our average ilvl isn't appropriately high enough. A lot of us are 920+, but we're not sporting trinkets and relics from Mythic NH, and it shows. It's also stupid, as previously mentioned, that for mythic you still have to farm old content for specific trinkets because they're so stupidly powerful. Like the God damn Whispers trinket. I got an 895 out of an order hall chest the first week of Nighthold, and I'm still using that shit. Or my 860 arcano. Yeah, helps with my ilvl parse, but "better" trinkets mean I do less dps, and parse even shittier. Same with t19 2pc. Terribly planned.