World of Warcraft: Current Year

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
To be honest, the absolute number one reason why I like flying in WoW is so I can safely go AFK at a moments notice. I'm serious here. Need to take a shit? Family agro? Doorbell/phone rings? Kill mob, hit flying, fly straight up for a couple of seconds, go AFK.

Rogues and druids are the only class that can do this without flying thanks to their stealth. If they were to implement some other way for the rest of us to get this functionality without flying, I'd be up for giving up flying totally.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
If they were to implement some other way for the rest of us to get this functionality without flying, I'd be up for giving up flying totally.

Stealthman, for engineers. I always carry a stack with me for this very reason. The cooldown sucks but it's instant stealth whenever I might need to afk right the hell now and I can't fly.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
To be honest, the absolute number one reason why I like flying in WoW is so I can safely go AFK at a moments notice. I'm serious here. Need to take a shit? Family agro? Doorbell/phone rings? Kill mob, hit flying, fly straight up for a couple of seconds, go AFK.

Rogues and druids are the only class that can do this without flying thanks to their stealth. If they were to implement some other way for the rest of us to get this functionality without flying, I'd be up for giving up flying totally.
as a rogue that will regularly stealth into no-mob areas to afk, I agree.

• 1Like

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Also, what's a good bag mod that's been updated? One I had hasn't been modified since april or some shit and broke with 7.3

• 1Worf

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Bagnon broke yesterday as well. I switched to ArkInventory. Still getting used to it but it looks like it's decent.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
What do you mean by this? Flying was allowed in the WoD version of Argus (Tanaan Jungle)

Their goal was to remove it from the game, it was stated that there would have been no flying anymore, WoD was, as Burns said, already a no-flying xpack. Once they admitted it publicly (which was several months after the expansion release) the backlash was enormous and many players did what moonarchia did, canceled and stated why.
The developer answer to this, call it a petty revenge, was "well, then grind for it motherfuckers", but said in a very nice and political tone. Legion was planned for flying, obviously they didn't want to repeat the same mistake twice, but their cool way (grind) for flying is still there.

On a different topic, I have a problem with the new Twitch desktop app: it basically crashes when I try to load the list of addons I have installed, I tried everything, including two full reinstalls after clean uninstalling procedures as per their troubleshooting guide, to no avail. Jesus I'd hate to manually update every single fucking mod I have installed (72 if I recall correctly). Did this happen to anyone?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Their goal was to remove it from the game, it was stated that there would have been no flying anymore, WoD was, as Burns said, already a no-flying xpack. Once they admitted it publicly (which was several months after the expansion release) the backlash was enormous and many players did what moonarchia did, canceled and stated why.
The developer answer to this, call it a petty revenge, was "well, then grind for it motherfuckers", but said in a very nice and political tone. Legion was planned for flying, obviously they didn't want to repeat the same mistake twice, but their cool way (grind) for flying is still there.

What does that have to do with not being able to fly on Argus?

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Ouch. Did you install the Media Feature Pack? I would never run N without a legal reason to do so. It's just playing with fire.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
What does that have to do with not being able to fly on Argus?

I'm guessing the reason we can't fly on Argus is because of how it was designed. The landscape appears to be a painting, not actually (sharp) rolling hills. So if you were to fly, it would look all fucked up. Kind of like Silvermoon. Not saying it's a good reason, but apparently the game still has tech limits surrounding the visual aspect. Also, "fuck us" is probably the real reason. Though I imagine in order to get the visuals just right, and forcing the ground perspective, on top of development time... personally I don't really care either way. It's such a small zone.

y6Qb3.jpg

Last edited:

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Ouch. Did you install the Media Feature Pack? I would never run N without a legal reason to do so. It's just playing with fire.
I purchased N because it was cheaper, not really realizing what I was buying. I did get the media pack but every once in awhile something weird breaks and I have to do some media updates. Case in point, ff14 launcher wouldn't work because the launcher uses Windows Media player for the splash screen.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I like having a mix of flying and no-flying zones. It gives a reason to use ground-only mounts, some of which look fantastic but would otherwise be unused.