World of Warcraft: Current Year

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
If you want something casual you can always join us. Although a few of you guys don't want that I'm sure

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Mistress nerfs made her pretty simple for us, but we were hitting 5%ish pretty often prior. Wish we would have killed her before.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So legion fall supplies no longer give you the chest that gave great drop chance for ledgedaries. Which also means nether disruptor legionfall farming is off the table. It is literally harder to get legos this patch. Not to mention we've been cock blocked on this patch more so then the rest of the expansion. I mean this is some of the dumbest shit I've seen in a while from blizz. Please somebody tell me I'm over reacting and there is a new way to get legos. I assume invasion points will have a way but I wonder how well. Also what does this mean for the buildings getting constructed?

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
There is also no where to spend nethershards other than 850 tokens since the 880 guy moved and replaced his inventory and now you get 860 base from WQ. I don't know what the point is.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Can someone tell me how it was at the start of Legion with regards to multi-specking and Artefact Power? Playing a Hunter (and quitting shortly after launch, to return a few weeks ago), I only had to worry about leveling up my main spec. How did tanks and healers do, seeing as they tend to have to play dps while out in the world questing but need AP for their healing/tanking roles too. Was it no real problem, or were people having trouble keeping up with both specs?

I tend to like how Artefact weapons work, but feel they need to fine tune it a bit. It seems like a full time job just keeping your main character in line, let alone having to worry about off spec or even alts.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The Nethershard vendor now has a 6000 Champion XP token (2500 Nethershards & BoP) and a Champion armor Token that makes their iLevel 880 (450 nethershards & BoA). That is about all they are good for now.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
As for Ledgendary chance, all the rares and chests can drop them in Argus. I doubt we will even know if they add to the bad luck protection. I got a shitty lego from one of the treasure chests already, but my BLP was already very high. As it stands this week, unless rares and chest give substantial BLP, it looks like they nerfed the ability to get legos outside of farming shitty mythic+.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Can someone tell me how it was at the start of Legion with regards to multi-specking and Artefact Power? Playing a Hunter (and quitting shortly after launch, to return a few weeks ago), I only had to worry about leveling up my main spec. How did tanks and healers do, seeing as they tend to have to play dps while out in the world questing but need AP for their healing/tanking roles too. Was it no real problem, or were people having trouble keeping up with both specs?

I tend to like how Artefact weapons work, but feel they need to fine tune it a bit. It seems like a full time job just keeping your main character in line, let alone having to worry about off spec or even alts.
I don't play dps for questing or WQs, ever. Tank dps is respectable these days for the most part, especially if you're a Paladin or a Warrior. That said, I do occasionally play dps on raids, so I keep my dps specs reasonably up to date (on my main and my alts, which are all tanks -- yes, I need help). It was harder to do at expansion launch for sure. Now, it's pretty much effortless to get to Concordance on all specs, and it will only get easier as AK goes up automatically for everyone now.

Put another way, before 7.3, if you got a character to 110, you could run a single raid clear (say, NH) and get enough AP to get all of your weapons to max level and then some. You'd then have to do the "rank 2" quests for your weapons and you'd end up at weapon level 36 (Concordance is at 52) for all of them. Since 7.3, that second rank is automatically open, so you just have to go get carried throughclear a raid or two and you should be competitive enough.

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Last night was my first raid on warlock with ak41. I got 3 points of concordanc

It was actually the first raid this expac that I've dpsed (besides once on monk where I just fucked around). It felt good to take a break from leading/tanking and just be able to focus on not fucking up and chilling. Different experience for sure. I love tanking but we don't often get to switch off from the big picture; as DPS I felt like I could just focus on execution rather than watching the whole fight.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
That's why Thursday night raids are awesome, and why you should keep going to them.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Hey, I already convinced my own wife that we should both play. Don't be that guy, man. Don't be that guy.

Seriously, though, I get it. If you can show, that's cool, if not, we can always switch out a tank on easy stuff for Fri/Mon and you can dps those. We have a bunch of other tanks in the wings and at least one healer prospect that might work out. Who knows.

Zhro

Silver Knight of the Realm
The Mistress nerfs did help us with having to re-kill her this week, but needless to say we still wiped to it due to shitty tank movement or people just wanting to stand in crashing wave for whatever reason.

Also, going from Mistress to Maiden, what a joke as we killed her for the first time last week in around 30 pulls and now we're progressing on Avatar. I know that the average wipe count for him is going to be at least 2-3 times the amount of that for Mistress. I don't see how Maiden is one of the last 3 bosses as really you look at a WeakAura that tells you where you stand for the blow back phases and just ensure you have players that know how to not touch opposite colors. Then you'll go to Avatar which is seems 1000% more difficult in terms of mechanics.

I don't know if I can really stomach wanting to wipe endlessly on Mythic KJ, when we do finally get to it, as it is very punishing. I do know that the Crucible will help with jumping up on the power curve though, so that might get more people past Avatar and onto KJ.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
I don't know if I can really stomach wanting to wipe endlessly on Mythic KJ, when we do finally get to it, as it is very punishing. I do know that the Crucible will help with jumping up on the power curve though, so that might get more people past Avatar and onto KJ.

I have to imagine that he'll see some fairly serious nerfs, a la Helya, before the end of 7.3.x. That, plus the Crucible, will probably result in a lot more guilds being able to kill him while he's still semi-relevant.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Hey, I already convinced my own wife that we should both play. Don't be that guy, man. Don't be that guy.

Seriously, though, I get it. If you can show, that's cool, if not, we can always switch out a tank on easy stuff for Fri/Mon and you can dps those. We have a bunch of other tanks in the wings and at least one healer prospect that might work out. Who knows.
Yeah she's played before but would never raid. It's more about wanting to spend time together even though shell just watch TV. Is what it is

• 1Solidarity

Jox

Molten Core Raider
Hope they drop mythics to 15 people or something next expansion. Somehow it's 100% to have 15 people on, 0% to have more than 16 on for your average pleb guild.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
15 people is easy. 16+, the struggle is real.

Also, cementing FoH forum guild's status as an average pleb guild.