World of Warcraft: Current Year

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Can someone tell me how it was at the start of Legion with regards to multi-specking and Artefact Power? Playing a Hunter (and quitting shortly after launch, to return a few weeks ago), I only had to worry about leveling up my main spec. How did tanks and healers do, seeing as they tend to have to play dps while out in the world questing but need AP for their healing/tanking roles too. Was it no real problem, or were people having trouble keeping up with both specs?

I tend to like how Artefact weapons work, but feel they need to fine tune it a bit. It seems like a full time job just keeping your main character in line, let alone having to worry about off spec or even alts.

Early on it was not to bad keeping one off spec close to your main spec. At least for somebody not trying to be leading edge mythic raiders. But alts were a pain because it got pretty tough to keep them all up to a decent level. But over the expansion they have done more and more to make it easier to boost your alts artifact knowledge and now it is just default starts you at ak41 when you hit 110. So basically as soon as you ding 110 do a couple things that give you AP and you should be able to unlock every main talent and be close to convergence. Probably take less than an hour or so of doing stuff to get the first level of convergence now on a new alt or spec so it is super easy to play all of the alts and all of the specs now. Especially now that you are not gated on the third relic slot until finishing orderhall campaign.

I still really recommend doing the orderhall campaign at least once for any class you are playing because they are pretty interesting but they have some time gates involved so its nice not to be gimped as you are waiting for orderhall missions to finish up.

They also have some new stuff to boost up orderhall champions to ilevel 880 so overall they have removed/lessened the vast majority of things that made alts a bit harder to get rolling this expansion.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Oh as for tanks and healers. Tank specs rarely have any problems soloing in pve stuff. What they lack in DPS they make up for in survivability so you wind up taking mulitple things at once and killing them all instead of blowing up one mob at a time. This expansion they seemed to overall up healers DPS a good bit. When I tried leveling with my druid in resto mode just to test it out it worked totally fine. With affinity balance or feral you are either 75% of a boomkin or feral druid damage wise which is way more than sufficient soloing. Combine that with your potent healing capability its not a problem at all.

I also leveled my monk up mostly as mistweaver and had zero problems can still punch and kick the shit out of stuff without any issues and the self heals are stupidly good so you may not be as fast as a DPS killing stuff but you are effectively immune to all but the biggest swarms of things.

• 1Like

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Cool, I saw on Twitch someone going through a bunch of Surimar content as disc priest. Just gathered mobs and AOEd them down. Looked fun.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Cool, I saw on Twitch someone going through a bunch of Surimar content as disc priest. Just gathered mobs and AOEd them down. Looked fun.

Disc priest is OP soloing in PVE. They are tricky to heal with this expansion but all their tricks make them monsters in smaller PVE content and pvp. You are self healing a shitload by blowing shit up which is pretty super effective leveling.

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Also, early legion, on my pally, I'd quest and stuff as prot but save my tokens for holy. It was an easy way to boost holy before being raid ready

Khane

Got something right about marriage
So when do these invasion points go live?

Argus is every bit as boring as broken shore with nothing to do AND the added bonus of not being able to fly.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
So no reason to come back and play still?
I like the argus content, but I sneak pretty much everywhere. I'd say wait for week 3 (not next week, but the week after), that's when the netherlight crucible opens up.

Anyone see the little interaction between the two windrunner sisters talking about Sylvannas leading the horde? It was pretty funny.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
So no reason to come back and play still?
Well, since that's 100% subjective, we can't answer it for you. If you want to come have some fun, there's plenty of reason to come back and play with us. If you want to be all hardcore and burn out again, Legion is still Legion, still RNG on RNG on time gated RNG, so there's that.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Anyone see the little interaction between the two windrunner sisters talking about Sylvannas leading the horde? It was pretty funny.

Yeah, a lot of the little things are neat to see/listen to (the first time, anyway).

Mad props to whoever convinced someone else to add in the option to skip the cutscene leading up to Kil'jaeden, though. I like to see cutscenes once. Every single time? Noooope.

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
Well, since that's 100% subjective, we can't answer it for you. If you want to come have some fun, there's plenty of reason to come back and play with us. If you want to be all hardcore and burn out again, Legion is still Legion, still RNG on RNG on time gated RNG, so there's that.

I didn't burn out. I played from legion release (august) until April. That's not burn out that's just bored and elysium launch.

I would like something fun to do pve world wise instead of the boring rep grinds again.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Pet battles bro. Lots of new ones added in 7.3 too. All the cool kids are doing it

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I mean M+ is a pretty good system for all we complain. When has any wow expansion made dungeons so relevant after a year. Maybe vanilla? To some extent I guess.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I mean M+ is a pretty good system for all we complain. When has any wow expansion made dungeons so relevant after a year. Maybe vanilla? To some extent I guess.

M+ is the best feature they've added to this entire game, I hate it but in a loving way. I hope they keep it forever.

Last edited:

Jox

Molten Core Raider
I agree M+ is fun pve content, but wouldn't really consider that out in the world. The only fun overland pve stuff is probably the 4 dragons back in vanilla, can't really have fun pve like that without the competition so it just won't happen again and that's fine.