World of Warcraft: Current Year

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I get where you are going with that, and for the current WoW I agree that it would be for the best if they just went all in with account binding. Not going to lie though, I miss the old days vanilla-wrath where you only really played one or two characters. Bad players were still bad players but at least if you saw someone in tier from the current relevant raid you could be fairly certain they had put some time in their class. I started messing around with my druid when the feral changes hit and I went from 813 ilvl to 905 off of lfr, wq, and one normal ToS. Kind of sad when you think about it.
You and I played different vanilla games then. The guild I was in had multiple people with alts that had epic mounts before BWL launch, and we ran 3 alt raids a week... and this wasn't some mega-guild like Reddit/SA/etc.

And you hitting a good luck streak on loot isn't "sad", it's a catch-up mechanic so you can actually raid, rather than have to grind out fucking LFR/WQ to do normal.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
And also 905 is still 2 tiers behind current content. My DK was 910+ in fucking February.

Shit man. Step up your bitch mode game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I would murder people if they would bring back scenarios for real, not that shitty once a day invasion bullshit. Fuck, just make the items scaleable like timewalking gear and let us queue up for the MOP ones. Have the rewards be veiled argonite. 50 for first of the day, 25 thereafter.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
ILVL isn't shit anymore. The legos and artifact weapon inflate your ilvl so much. Not to mention you can inflate your own ilvl by equiping shit tier gear with shit tier legendaries. I'm sitting at 933 equipped ilvl and it took me weeks to go from 925 to this. The difference in 10 ilvls is fucking massive at this tier if properly geared. Playing alts isn't realistic not because of the ilvl you need but the hot garbage lego system that is still in place. Not to mention concordance and AP farming. I'm not even going to go into the crucible.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Haha, I was so angry last night.

All horned up after a wedding and the gf got sick and went to bed. Feel my wrath FoH!

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
You and I played different vanilla games then. The guild I was in had multiple people with alts that had epic mounts before BWL launch, and we ran 3 alt raids a week... and this wasn't some mega-guild like Reddit/SA/etc.

And you hitting a good luck streak on loot isn't "sad", it's a catch-up mechanic so you can actually raid, rather than have to grind out fucking LFR/WQ to do normal.

You certainly did. If you had 2-3 geared alts in vanilla you had a shit ton more time to play then I ever did and it certainly wasn't common among the higher end raiders on my server. Just the level one to cap time was huge. 7-10 days /played for cap was average for more hardcore players. The fastest max level pre-bc patch was a hunter at 4 days X hours /played. For most people that I played with you had your main and your geared alt and then some twinks you fucked around with in WsG.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I ranted a while back about how I wouldn't mind no flying in WoW if it were not for the "doorbell rang, got to go afk real quick, mount up and fly" mechanic.

I just realized another thing that needs help, and that is maps. No flying is all OK if the maps are good and zoomable. The maps in WoW sure look pretty but fuck it's hard to tell where the fuck you're meant to go, especially places like Surimar with multiple levels and stuff.

Khane

Is anyone else having issues with ElvUI's world map module causing errors every time you leave combat?

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Not really. The only challenging part was beating other guilds to them on server coming up.

We would hit all 4 world dragons plus kazzak and whatever the dragon in azshara was before other guilds would even log in.

We were on pvp so the only challenge was when some guild would fear our tank
Having a defense force, a group of ten beyond the forty needed, on a pvp server, was critical. Having scouts. And maybe even having buddies on the opposing faction to kill stragglers looking to fuck up your day. That 41st person attack Kazzak guaranteed a wipe. And if I recall correctly, the four dragons had a similar mechanic. No one ever killed them after BWL and especially AQ, as the items were poorly itemized. Corn cob staff was decent, and I think the mace, but all our rogues had Perdition and the sword off the first boss of BWL.

I have a specific memory of our raid going to the dragon in Duskvale and coming across Leeroy of Leeroy Jenkins fame. He'd apparently sold his account not long after the Pals4Life video, because whoever was controlling the character had no idea what they were doing and refused to get on coms. He caused us to wipe a few times then we just gave up.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
They had diff mechanics. We farmed them during aq for nature resist gear
What I mean is if more than 40 people including those healing the dps/tank, they would rage kill the raid. Not that they had the same mechanics. They were all positioning fights like most of the fights that weren't tank n spank during vanilla.

Yeah, forgot the resist gear. Huhuran, and really just the tank. Or the triple bugs. Don't recall really ever needing it, however. Kind of the same with Rag. Use the higher ilvl items for better, faster lower ranked heals, and let's your dps unload. The balance back the was weird. I'm glad they got rid of resistance, because in the end it wasn't necessary. Though it did give you a reason to try weird shit, or farm Dark Iron, or whatever.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
What I mean is if more than 40 people including those healing the dps/tank, they would rage kill the raid. Not that they had the same mechanics. They were all positioning fights like most of the fights that weren't tank n spank during vanilla.

Yeah, forgot the resist gear. Huhuran, and really just the tank. Or the triple bugs. Don't recall really ever needing it, however. Kind of the same with Rag. Use the higher ilvl items for better, faster lower ranked heals, and let's your dps unload. The balance back the was weird. I'm glad they got rid of resistance, because in the end it wasn't necessary. Though it did give you a reason to try weird shit, or farm Dark Iron, or whatever.

Yea we got wiped more than once from someone on our faction "helping" us with Kazzak. I forgot what he did exactly but he would go apeshit and wipe the raid once person #41 attacked him. He could be kited to Stormwind too and all the noobs would attack him so he'd stay in his super rage state and just obliterate the city, good times.

For Huhuran you needed like a core of 10 people decked out in resist gear to soak her shit. We had some tryhards poopsock race up to her and claim "server first!!!11!" while we kept green dragons on lockdown and farmed Maradaun and shit. They were still stuck on her for like two months after we killed her and moved on to Emps and C'thun, because they were retards.

xzi

Mouthbreather
The endless Maraudon runs were just the worst. Our guild were a bunch of lazy fucks so we had stupid little lotteries in our core group giving away a few gold to the laziest of us all and the only ticket they could get was if they had nature resist on Huhu lol. We also were literally the only guild that killed dragons for like.. way too many months. I think maybe once a horde guild got it over us but that was it.

Huhu was kind of a breeze for us, just like you it was because nobody else on our server would go in with nature resists. We certainly didn't give any tips though lol

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Silithus zone had some stuff that would drop nature resist gear that was actually good as well. Chest and legs maybe? We did it as a raid I remember.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Some of the quest stuff from Silithus was NR and anyone could get it. Doesn't mean that everyone did, though.