World of Warcraft: Current Year

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
On Thursday I decided I wanted to not spend money on gems... so naturally I levelled my jewelcrafter up to 90 so he could fly and mine for ore to turn into gems. Of course he hit 90 and as a mail user got a nearly full suit of 496 armor, so I then had to go to Timeless Isle and get his ilevel up high enough to do Orgrimmar LFR just on the principle of the matter.

I still haven't actually done much mining.

Now I find myself glaring at the Timeless plate armor and frowning because I don't have a plate wearing class.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Being a raid leader is very hard. Lets not even bring scheduling into the mix and recruitment. Let's say you already have all those things done.

Like Sutekh said, check your ego at the door. Rage doesn't do shit to progress a guild through the ringer.

You need to know how each class in your raid works. What kind of DPS they should be putting out with their Ilvl, what kind of utility they bring in their spec, and what kind of defensive CDs they have and if they are using them. I complete must is downloading and using worldoflogs software from worldoflogs.com

Without this software you won't know if people are doing things right without going into your recount or skada or DBM logs.

Critiquing people should be done very generously, but very friendly. If somebody doesn't know how to play their class teach them. If somebody can't get out of the fire, try to practice with them at the brawlers guild. You need to put extra hours in.

Lastly, do not raid with clickers.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Pro clickers have a virtual screen-overlay keyboard so that they can click their turn keys instead of strafing.

Forbin_sl

shitlord
Is OpenRaid the only site people use for cross realm flex raiding?

Also

I recently started playing again and got a warrior to 90 and now that i am doing LFR my dps numbers are like 25k short of what noxxic projects for my ilvl . Is Noxxic even accurate to what dps i should be doing and is there anything out there that will project numbers for a warrior (and my alt mage) better?

WoW DPS Rankings (Maximum) in Patch 5.4 (MoP)

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
the only character i can make equal or exceed noxxic is my paladin. with that said noxxic is basically posting simcraft results the numbers can vary alot which is why most players don't pay much attention to it. determining dps with ilvl is rather silly imho and to put it into perspective think about it like if you had all 502 lfr gear and someone gave you a heroic SoO two hander, your ilvl would only go up a little bit but you dps would improve dramatically the same can also be said for the dps the legendary cloak adds.. just my two cents.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
the only character i can make equal or exceed noxxic is my paladin. with that said noxxic is basically posting simcraft results the numbers can vary alot which is why most players don't pay much attention to it. determining dps with ilvl is rather silly imho and to put it into perspective think about it like if you had all 502 lfr gear and someone gave you a heroic SoO two hander, your ilvl would only go up a little bit but you dps would improve dramatically the same can also be said for the dps the legendary cloak adds.. just my two cents.
DPS also greatly varies on a fight to fight basis.

Sterling

El Presidente
It's reasonable starter gear for a fresh 90, but it's mostly not actually very good. The 528 lfr stuff will generally be better than the 535 burden upgraded stuff. Even some of the 522 normal ToT/World Boss stuff will be better. Ilevel isn't everything.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It is when your alts are trying to get into an OQ raid!
smile.png

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
So I got an easy 9 items for my paladin on timeless isle in about 2 hours .... I feel like I am cheating.
It feels like cheating when you have a full set waiting on a character the moment it dings 90 lol.

As for Noxxic I look at the dps rankings for some kind of idea of the state of the game, but it is no means the end all be all of the dps chart. I haven't used it for rotations since I came back in the middle of Cata, but you are better served sticking with Icy Veins.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
How horribly gimp would a mage who refuses to play arcane or use rune of power be? Perhaps one that does not even run a parser to hide his shame.

Sterling

El Presidente
It is when your alts are trying to get into an OQ raid!
smile.png
I did a SoO LFR first wing at exactly 496 on my huntard with mostly the 496 stuff and a few 502 items and a 450 crossbow or whatever. Was pulling an elite 60k or whatever dps that was still better than like 5 or 6 other dps. Got a new 528 weapon at some point and 553 legs or whatever off celestials and a few other 528 pieces and it suddenly seems like the hunter isn't worthless and being carried anymore!