World of Warcraft: Current Year

Toxxulian_sl

shitlord
To be able to pull fire off you need crazy high crit, something like 38-40% unbuffed. The only reason you can pull off Arcane at sub 565 is with the heroic t15 4 piece set bonus, it's insanely powerful, stronger than normal mode t16. Ideally you could start going fire in the early 550s if you had the perfect gear, the great thing about frost is it doesn't require much gear to pull good numbers, however, it scales like shit. On top of the scaling issues frost has, the set bonus of t16 is horrible.

I currently have 4 piece t16 and still can't pull off better numbers going fire than I can frost. I'll go fire once I replace a few key items with something itemized better for fire. Even then, frost is still going to compete pretty well until I get further into heroics, frost is pretty much idiot proof and doesn't rely nearly as much on RNG as fire does. But fire is so much more enjoyable to play.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Every time our Mage killed himself trying to get an Alter Time tier-proc, I wanted to buy a blizzard dev a beer.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I just finished Warlock Fel Fire quest. At 489 ivl. Somebody hire me into their progression guild because I feel I've already beat the game.

EDIT: I really hope ever class gets a quest like this. I haven't been this enthralled in a quest in a while. For those non-warlocks that can't do it, I suggest you look up a video of it, and read along if you like the lore of the burning legion. I mean, talk about a quest having everything. Imagine if every quest in the game was like this. People at max level would actually be worth a shit. Leveling different classes would actually be super fun, I mean they could fucking revolutionize this game if they took steps to overhauling leveling experience this way, but I doubt they will. I know I would level every class to max level if ~50% of the quests were class quests like this. I mean they don't all have to be this hard but god damn. Sorry I guess the blood is still pumping. Took me around 30-50 attempts.

EDIT2: I think the games rewarding me. Last week, I literally got nothing, shit crap from LFR and already I've gotten 4 items.

Needless

Toe Sucker
A video does not justify the quest, doing it is something you actually need to do, to know that its difficult. Because it actually looks incredibly easy to do if you just watch a strategy video if it lol
I was laughing at some dick head warlock that was just getting it now after weeks of attempts in 545+ ilevel gear thinking they're amazing in LFR. Pretty sure i did mine in 470ish

Grats though, definitely one of my favorite quests in the game. Incredibly frustrating but you actually feel a sense of accomplishment for a quest haha

edit: not discrediting you, doing that in sub 500s is quite difficult
smile.png
I just laugh at the guys doing it in like 550ish+ now

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Congrats. That quest requires 100% solid execution or you die. It's basically a 1-man heroic raid ;p

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I bow to you. I was doing that at 490 and I never got past the first set of puppies but a few times.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I'm surprised they didn't carry the drops over to 5.4 since thats a waste land now, how much are they going for on the AH these days?

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Garrosh seems a complete waste of time in LFR. The loot table for him is pretty damn lame since they eliminated the heirloom weapons for the LFR edition. I can see doing it once to say that I 'beat' MoP and then never doing it again or just leaving after getting the Klaxxi (for a chance at the pet)

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
Garrosh seems a complete waste of time in LFR. The loot table for him is pretty damn lame since they eliminated the heirloom weapons for the LFR edition. I can see doing it once to say that I 'beat' MoP and then never doing it again or just leaving after getting the Klaxxi (for a chance at the pet)
Yeah I'm doing exactly that for tier pieces, I've got the worst luck on my paladin.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Killed Garrosh after hitting 10 Determination and wiping for something like 4 hours. Was nice to be "done" but I do not think I will ever do that fight again in LFR unless they make some pretty extensive changes to it.

Was nice that Varian at least mentions cleaning up Gilneas when you talk to him after the battle, otherwise one might forget that the Worgen even exist. Mekatorque and Moira the dwarven skank do at least show up in the 4th wing, but you would be forgiven for forgetting that the Gilneans or the Dranei for that matter even exist. Anduin seems to have taken over the role of Super Priest in the mythos...hell he's even the guy in Hearthstone when it probably should have been Velen.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
The only reason you can pull off Arcane at sub 565 is with the heroic t15 4 piece set bonus, it's insanely powerful, stronger than normal mode t16.
Oct 22 Hotfixes:

Tier-15 4-piece set bonus now increases the effects of Arcane Charges by 5% per stack (down from 20% per stack).

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Tanking LFR is a fucking thankless job. On Thok for first time. I read what to do. Simple, simple fight on LFR. First, my off tank doesn't grasp that you can't stay in front after I taunt because the debuff is applied via breath attacks. So they hit like 5 or 6 stacks and just explode next breath. That person and others yell at me for killing him. Finally almost get my point across but then when the add phase starts, I got punted. Add rapes two dps to whit one all caps in chat "QUIT BEING FAGGOTS TANKS!" Next attempt the OT doesn't get the breath attack and he and others proceed to yell at me for taking threat or killing the OT. Again!

You can't fucking win. I hate LFR and plan to never run it again.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Well the first hour or so was cycling through tanks that had the bare minimum ilevel for the encounter and thus were getting one shot during phase 1. At one point I was cycling every heal I had on the tank and obtaining a thoroughly ludicrous 92% overheal (Monk) and it was still dropping dead.

Then after we got tanks that could handle phase 1 and DPS that were capable of killing one engineer we ran into MC problems in the later two phases. I can see why they did an immediate hotnerf to extend the casting time of the Mind Control touch because the LFR types really had a hard time with "interrupt the MC". I checked the raid make up and we had no less than 6 SIX warrior dps and not a damn one of them had interrupted even once.

Tilluin

Molten Core Raider
Anyone know any cheap deals on Mists for EU client? Want to get my character to 90 and try that out without paying out the full whack for Mists.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Anyone know any cheap deals on Mists for EU client? Want to get my character to 90 and try that out without paying out the full whack for Mists.
It was $5 a few weeks ago when a content patch hit. If you're willing to wait a month I'm sure it will be on sale again for black friday.