World of Warcraft: Current Year

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Another reason I'm glad I'm trying to get an alt up to replace Monk. Just not feeling it man!

I like the look of shaman, and it's fun when you have lightning and fire going all over the place, but the more I play Balance Druid, the more I get into the groove on that as well. Shit's pretty cool.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Brewmaster is (well.. it was better before the nerf) the best tank I've ever played. I would've just dpsed on it but windwalker is needlessly complicated. Hats off to people that can be effective playing that.

Warlock is so much more chill for me. I can't keep up with our 1%er warlock we have, but otherwise I've taken really well to it.

Crone

Brewmaster is (well.. it was better before the nerf) the best tank I've ever played. I would've just dpsed on it but windwalker is needlessly complicated. Hats off to people that can be effective playing that.

Warlock is so much more chill for me. I can't keep up with our 1%er warlock we have, but otherwise I've taken really well to it.
What's complicated about wind walker?

Crone

Too many buttons for me
Yea, I can see that. At least though it wasn't complicated snap shot mechanics and stuff. Simply just hit all your buttons in order.

A huge help was getting a hotkey setup that works for me. I use shift modifier with G F T & B, along with Q & E. Rebound A & D to strafe and got rid of keyboard turning. Between all those it works out.

But as I just typed that out. Yea, fuck. So many buttons. Lol.

DavivMcD

Peasant
As always people are over-inflating the importance of choice. The difference in performance of someone who just randomly picks things, and someone who researched the BiS traits and relics to choose, is at most 2-3%. If you apply a small amount of common sense and 'randomly' pick traits that look like they actually help your role (and not a healing trait for dps, for example), the difference is more like 1-2%.

If you have a relic with a decent trait and find another that is 5 ilvl higher but has a trait you know is garbage, you should probably keep the one with a good trait. If it's 10 ilvl or more, or you're not really sure, just go with ilvl. Either way you're NOT going to notice the difference unless you are already very deep into min-maxing.

That said, I can't really see the overall point of the Netherlight Crucible to begin with, other than stretching out the end-game grind in a slightly more interesting way than just stacking Concordance ranks forever.

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
Man as probably the only Windwalker on this board all I gotta say is...fuck WW is such a high work, low reward class. I don't know why I still main it.

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
It is fun - even with the whole "can't repeat an attack" since both our mastery and our best level 90 talent does the same damn thing. Just a lot of extra work for lower tier dps.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
The biggest issues with WW are 1) shit 'ultimate' dps CDs (one is bugged and wonky as fuck the other requires precision perfection that often isn't possible in higher tier content) 2) the inability to not even chain basic builder (leads to odd downtime when circumstances cause you to stack aoe skills especially) 3) the odd waiting and pacing that actual fights cause on the rotation beyond just cd management due to mastery/combo talent

It's a class that was designed both from a mechanics standpoint and a coding standpoint (IE SEF) to work well at 0 stats on target dummies. It falls apart really quickly when you have to improvise. It is capable of big numbers but you have to meticulously plan each fight out properly down to multiple low cd aoe attacks and the raid group has to stick to the timing/plan for it to work properly. In that regard it's very frustrating, because you rely overmuch on your group to actually hit the numbers promised. When two idiot dps die and slow the fight down, causing you to pop CDs on some random adds for the good of the raid and then you lose your massive dps increase for the part that it would multiply... coupled with the longer fight and offset ability cds, it just sucks.

It's a poorly implemented but saveable design, but since basically no one plays them it gets such a low priority they literally just do kludges like "shit we have no clue how to code SEF with our interns so we're just going to give it an aura buff and hope for the best good luck guys!"

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Can WW "pool" like rogues and feral? I found one of my biggest improvement to my DPS as sub was learning when to pool during fights. When to go to 0 energy etc.

I've never played WW and generally know nothing about Monks in general.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Can WW "pool" like rogues and feral? I found one of my biggest improvement to my DPS as sub was learning when to pool during fights. When to go to 0 energy etc.

I've never played WW and generally know nothing about Monks in general.

Well imagine if you could not use sinister strike twice in a row and there's your answer.

You can pool low cooldown aoe abilities but since they are integral to your rotation your dps plummets until/unless you get more bang for the buck out of them in burst.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I like the look of shaman, and it's fun when you have lightning and fire going all over the place, but the more I play Balance Druid, the more I get into the groove on that as well. Shit's pretty cool.

I can't wait to read about your buyers remorse regarding balance later on.

That said, I can't really see the overall point of the Netherlight Crucible to begin with, other than stretching out the end-game grind in a slightly more interesting way than just stacking Concordance ranks forever.

Which is slightly ironic, since you need to stack Concordance to fully realize the Crucible.

It's a class that was designed both from a mechanics standpoint and a coding standpoint (IE SEF) to work well at 0 stats on target dummies. It falls apart really quickly when you have to improvise. It is capable of big numbers but you have to meticulously plan each fight out properly down to multiple low cd aoe attacks and the raid group has to stick to the timing/plan for it to work properly. In that regard it's very frustrating, because you rely overmuch on your group to actually hit the numbers promised. When two idiot dps die and slow the fight down, causing you to pop CDs on some random adds for the good of the raid and then you lose your massive dps increase for the part that it would multiply... coupled with the longer fight and offset ability cds, it just sucks.

Feel like you just described every dps class ever. I can constantly dump cooldowns for maximum dps, or save them to ideally take down adds and lose 2-400k dps. Been erring on the side of dumping cooldowns, which results in a shorter fight, but maybe a harder fight for healers.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I can't wait to read about your buyers remorse regarding balance later on.

Which is slightly ironic, since you need to stack Concordance to fully realize the Crucible.

Feel like you just described every dps class ever. I can constantly dump cooldowns for maximum dps, or save them to ideally take down adds and lose 2-400k dps. Been erring on the side of dumping cooldowns, which results in a shorter fight, but maybe a harder fight for healers.

No. Combo mastery and talent make it completely different. It's like an EQ2 class.

The amount of low cooldown rotational abilities change everything when you have to save or defer some due to circumstances in ways that simply don't affect other dps classes. That closest thing I can think of is like aoe with DH running certain suboptimal specs which turn blade dance into ST ability.

Last edited:

Rime

<Donor>
Need some serious server mergers. Having a hard time getting people to show up even for farm content, let alone attempting Mythic. Does not help that according to various census sites, the server I am on only has 200-350 active Horde players.

Binks

Golden Knight of the Realm
Hyjal has a really high horde pop surprisingly

Years, please don't tell me it's been a decade, I still remember the Alliance v. Horde imbalance on Hyjal.

How the times have changed.

I, literally, still remember waiting for the same Horde premade and I hate Sugardaddy(sp) for playing competently, and yet obnoxiously, focusing on me and locking me out of my Paladin shenanigans and I quit prior to WoLK.

Last edited: