World of Warcraft: Current Year

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Years, please don't tell me it's been a decade, I still remember the Alliance v. Horde imbalance on Hyjal.

How the times have changed.

I, literally, still remember waiting for the same Horde premade and I hate Sugardaddy(sp) for playing competently, and yet obnoxiously, focusing on me and locking me out of my Paladin shenanigans and I quit prior to WoLK.

Screenshot_20170924-211923.png

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Wow, I'm pretty surprised at the class mix. There's near dead even class mix it looks like? Compare that to Warcraft logs, and there's a clear disparity of what classes are raiding and what classes people are just playing.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Thats an interesting little site. I compared it to my Alliance server, Stormrage, that I never play on anymore and they have three times as many players at lvl 110 as Hyjal does. Looking at the amount of alliance on our server, without cross server, Horde would win most matches - but it would take forever to start a match. Cool site.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Need some serious server mergers. Having a hard time getting people to show up even for farm content, let alone attempting Mythic. Does not help that according to various census sites, the server I am on only has 200-350 active Horde players.

They need to completely get rid of server restrictions. I mean what I really want them to do is get rid of factions completely but I'd settle for server restrictions being gone. Why can't I recruit for mythic cross server? Literally all it does is cause annoyance and strife in the community because mythic guilds are trying to pull from other mythic guilds on the same server when they need a filler in emergency or else you just don't clear it that week. Two dudes didn't log on, sorry you can't raid this week.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

xzi

Mouthbreather
I mean yeah sure, but you see posts all the time on the forums and on reddit about their guild imploding from not being able to recruit and a bunch of them quit instead of playing or transferring.

Crone

I mean yeah sure, but you see posts all the time on the forums and on reddit about their guild imploding from not being able to recruit and a bunch of them quit instead of playing or transferring.
Except I would bet most of those dudes don't actually cancel their sub. They just "quit". I remember when I "quit" , I just went incognito on some Alliance toons and enjoyed my time as a Gnome for a while.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Except I would bet most of those dudes don't actually cancel their sub. They just "quit". I remember when I "quit" , I just went incognito on some Alliance toons and enjoyed my time as a Gnome for a while.

Well, for mythic guilds the burn out is real. We weren't even there yet and I was getting hit hard.

Trying to recruit all day along with antidotes, as a 8/9H guild, only to go to a raid where we'd make no progress on KJ. It fucking sucked. We got him after like 96 attempts and it was disheartening. Both I and antidotes stopped recruiting and I switched classes. The class switch was both for reducing burnout and for the fact that recruiting dps is a shit show now. I can walk into dalaran and say I'm looking for a new MT for us and I'd have a line out the door. But I digress.

My friends list is massive because of last expansion and there's a significant difference. Usually I'll see <10 people online, where t the beginning it was 50-60. A lot are in Diablo, but I assume most are playing PUBG or something. The current tuning is just not sustainable for many guilds. Blizzard really needs to do a better job of adjusting boss fights as top guilds take them down. There's no reason that sumdains guild should have to wipe 300 times on a mid level boss like mistress. Leave KJ hard as shit, but make the path to him gradual.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I've been wondering about something for a while now, and thought you folks might help. Is it actually possible to raid other than LFR without using any raid mods?

I've been thinking about this for several expansions now in relation to the game development. What I mean by that is I can't see how you can raid effectively without using mods, and therefore, if true, the game devs must factor in raid mods into their game design. I just can't see how anyone can sit down and do these raids totally in Vanilla mode. Or is it actually easier than I assume? If so, I'd love to see one of the top guilds try progressing without using these raid mods.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I've been wondering about something for a while now, and thought you folks might help. Is it actually possible to raid other than LFR without using any raid mods?

I've been thinking about this for several expansions now in relation to the game development. What I mean by that is I can't see how you can raid effectively without using mods, and therefore, if true, the game devs must factor in raid mods into their game design. I just can't see how anyone can sit down and do these raids totally in Vanilla mode. Or is it actually easier than I assume? If so, I'd love to see one of the top guilds try progressing without using these raid mods.

You can do it (certainly we used to on PTR and in alphas) but it is measurably harder. There's usually a function or two that is mega OP they seem to curtail each expack though.

But yea the game experience is so dependent on UI mods now that they definitely take them into account. This started in classic though with decursive.

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Every ability has a visual or audio cue. Having dbm or big wigs just makes you react faster and with more certainty.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yea, I can see that. At least though it wasn't complicated snap shot mechanics and stuff. Simply just hit all your buttons in order.

A huge help was getting a hotkey setup that works for me. I use shift modifier with G F T & B, along with Q & E. Rebound A & D to strafe and got rid of keyboard turning. Between all those it works out.

But as I just typed that out. Yea, fuck. So many buttons. Lol.

It is not even so much hit everything in order it is just don't hit the same thing twice in a row is the big key. Honestly once I got stuff keybound right for it it plays pretty decently but I can see it being a total pain in the ass if somebody does not keybind a lot of stuff for faster access. I

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Another reason I'm glad I'm trying to get an alt up to replace Monk. Just not feeling it man!

I like the look of shaman, and it's fun when you have lightning and fire going all over the place, but the more I play Balance Druid, the more I get into the groove on that as well. Shit's pretty cool.

Druids overall are in a really good place currently. Balance has a solid but not stupidly complex rotation and once you get rolling its really easy to do without even paying a lot of attention to it it flows well. I have oneths legendary that allows you to proc free star surges or starfalls and my druid is just a beast now. I was a bit sad at the initial change to starfall but with patches and tweaking starfall is in a really good place right now.

Crone

Druids overall are in a really good place currently. Balance has a solid but not stupidly complex rotation and once you get rolling its really easy to do without even paying a lot of attention to it it flows well. I have oneths legendary that allows you to proc free star surges or starfalls and my druid is just a beast now. I was a bit sad at the initial change to starfall but with patches and tweaking starfall is in a really good place right now.
Being able to click anything from Flight Form is a hella sweet thing to have when leveling up. Bonus quests are just so easy. Lotta trash is skipped from not being force dismounted. But this advantage diminishes drastically after you hit 110 I think. Enh & Ele shaman are in pretty good spots right now as well, so I'm not sure which I'm going with just yet.

But shit if it isn't cool to be throwing lightning and hot magma from your fingertips! Plus Goblin!

• 1Worf

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
One of my favorite WoW activities is to fly around really high in druid flight form, click it off and start falling, and see how close I can get to the ground before clicking it back on again.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
One of my favorite WoW activities is to fly around really high in druid flight form, click it off and start falling, and see how close I can get to the ground before clicking it back on again.
I have died way more times than I care to admin doing this. Best is when you do it near random people out in the world. Sometimes I'd just drop from way up and die right next to people for that "wtf" momemnt.

• 1Worf