World of Warcraft: Current Year

Palum

what Suineg set it to
As far as I know, all the normal missions reset every 6 hours. "Clearing" them out isn't really a thing.

This seems to be accurate. Last night I had an Argus rep token mission that said 19 hrs remaining that I was eyeing once my work crews got back this morning. Nope, gone.

I feel like that's how I've been missing gold missions on some characters as well.

xzi

Mouthbreather
My goal is to have enough for a year 1+ of tokens in reserve and the ability to buy what ever blizzard game I want with gold. So right now, it's get gold while the gittin is good, because easy money might dry up next xpac.

Now that blizzard is actually cracking down on bots more than one a year, if they continue I'm excited for the launch of next expac. Herbs are gonna be $$$$$$$$

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I just learned today that you can queue for more than one LFR instance at a time. And apparently you've been able to do this since MoP... FeelsBadMan.jpg

• 5Picard
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 6 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I just learned today that you can queue for more than one LFR instance at a time. And apparently you've been able to do this since MoP... FeelsBadMan.jpg

ZpVLpOa.gif

• 9Worf
Reactions: 8 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It fills the queue for the others while you're doing the one you're in too. Often I'll kill the final boss and it pops up

Xerge

<Donor>
Glad they didn't nerf my warrior's glyph of the weaponmaster in the latest patch. I'm not sure if blizzard is aware warriors can tmog their artifacts with that glyph. It's legit. As long as the other artifact is the only weapon in your bag; battlecry will tmog the artifact when used. Fury with arms skins and vice versa. If anyone has a TF on their warrior I would love to know if this trick works with it. I'm sure others have discovered but it's something I keep to myself as I'm not sure it's intended.

Xaven

Molten Core Raider
Heard there was a gold train coming into town and didn't want to miss it this time (WoD can eat a bowl of dicks) with class order halls and new 6 hour gold missions. But holy shit, the setup for it is fairly extensive.

Has anyone here gotten 12+ characters up to the point they can make gold with it? IE: Class and Argus campaigns completed. If so, any tips or tricks?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Heard there was a gold train coming into town and didn't want to miss it this time (WoD can eat a bowl of dicks) with class order halls and new 6 hour gold missions. But holy shit, the setup for it is fairly extensive.

Has anyone here gotten 12+ characters up to the point they can make gold with it? IE: Class and Argus campaigns completed. If so, any tips or tricks?

Yes, do work...

That's how it goes, there's no simple way other than just go through all the content.

I mean if you're just doing the chars FOR the gold, then you are best off going one of the chars that have the token to auto-complete a WQ because you can jsut spam out completes for bloods to turn in for OH resources to keep it going. That said I haven't found I need more than half to be able to do that, so I would say as long as you focus on them first you're probably fine.

Rime

<Donor>
No quick-trick for setting up the Order Halls. It was significantly more difficult to get some classes up (those that did not have work orders for equipment) before Argus, but now they are all relatively quick with the ability to buy the follower equipment tokens from the Broken Shore.

As for Argus, I did one each day. Takes about an hour (including my frequent distractions).

Khane

Got something right about marriage
In my opinion trying to set up class order halls for gold generation is not worth it. Especially if you don't have a huge stable of Blood of Sargeras from playing for a while (which is the only reasonable way to keep the order halls going unless you actually want to do an emissary on every one of those characters every day or two).

The time spent setting them up would be better served to just farming on one of your characters or learning TSM to play the auction house (which will serve you in future expansions as well).

xzi

Mouthbreather
Yeah I just farm herbs/ore for about two hours a week (not counting all the herbs I pick while world questing) and make significantly more. But passive gold gain will always be better, obviously. I imagine you only got 7 or so minimum months until it dries up though, so if you're going to start you better start now.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Well at least I wasn't the only one reading the stuff about order hall gold making and thinking this is the worst way to make money

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm

In addition to what others have said, it does really depend on your start point. If you have a bunch of toons at 90+, it shouldn't be so bad, otherwise, I doubt I could handle leveling more than a few toons from 20 or lower. The only reason I have 20 some toons at 90+ is because the pre-legion invasions allowed 1-90 in about 5 hours and you could do 90-100 in about 3 hours with an xp pot.

If you want to do a bunch of work to set it up, it would probably take a month to get running, regardless of how many toons you level up. Time gates with follower gear is the limiting factor.

To get toons to 100:
  • I believe the fastest way to level up would be to buy an extra account, while its on sale this week for $10 base + $25 legion (includes a 100 boost) and set up recruit a friend. I have never done RaF, so not sure the steps to make it work.
  • For leveling a solo account, as stated a few pages back, chain running dungeons with tank specs in full heirlooms is the way to go. It should take less than 2 days /played per toon.
  • 90 - 100 can be done in 3-4 hours using Elixir of the Rapid Mind (read comments on wowhead for directions), but prices vary widely between servers.
For 100-110:
  • The fastest, slowest way to level is running invasions, with heirlooms. It takes about 5 hours /played to get 110 (fast), but you can only do invasions once every 12 hours, and each one only has 6 world quests you can do for xp (slow).
  • If it was me, leveling a bunch of toons, I would level my lowbies up too 100 between invasions, and only when I have the desired amount of toons at 100, would I do anything else in the 100-109 range.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I just levelled dk and dh through only invasions and it was great. Heirlooms plus rested plus anniversary buff meant like 1.25-1.75 of a level per invasion. Takes all of 10 minutes too

Palum

what Suineg set it to
The OH missions are definitely not the 'easiest' route to make money. That said, if you are someone who levels alts anyway and simply has them sitting around at 110, it's very effective because it requires little to no effort to upkeep and much more limited time than actual farming. I could see how playing the AH might be not so time consuming, but it also is risky in some cases and involves some amount of luck (or lack of competition) to be effective.

Xaven

Molten Core Raider
I have all 12 classes sitting at 110 doing nothing so thought I'd use them for "easy money". Will get working on the time/content gated stuff first since I have a giant stockpile of Blood of Sargeras. Thanks everyone for the advice.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Do you use addons that flash abilities to remember rotations and things like that when you play your alts or are you just super good at remembering how to play each class? I find I can play one to two classes reasonably well, but more than that and I have trouble remembering ability rotations and shit like that.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I'm just not a shitty player and remember what the abilities do. I feel like if you don't actually know the abilities of every spec in game for the most part that you're probably not really prepared for real pvp or pve content anyway so...

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Last Tomb raid and we finally killed Mythic Mistress. Not bad for a casual mythic guild (we still clear heroic on our limit raid schedule I don't know why). Put's us in the 90% percentile for raiders in WOW so I'm cool with that. Less then 8% of guilds have killed Mistress on mythic which is pretty insane.

Didn't even scream in joy when we killed her. Just felt more like a relief.