World of Warcraft: Current Year

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
People buy characters just because they have certain titles and they don't want to grind. Server first on the best server in the world seems like a few steps above that.

orly? I have an account that def had some realm firsts back in like original / tbc did they add stuff that would make that valuable since then?! Was also at the world first ever raid boss kill but sadly it was just Gehannas or whatever. Shoulda been Onyxia damn you Furor!

Zhro

Silver Knight of the Realm
I would agree that titan forging is a problem and that it should be capped to the minimum ilvl of the next tier above it and mythic would get the incentive of getting gear that could roll +10-15 ilvls or whatever blizz wanted it to be.

We did try split raiding for Tomb, but we didn't really push for splits like we did this tier and we just stopped doing them towards the end of Tomb progression.

But this tier the guild decided to maintain an active main/alt roster for 2 split raids. The split raiding has definitely had a huge impact on our progression this tier as I feel we kind of just out geared the beginning of the raid content, which just leaves the mechanics as the only barrier to killing theses bosses or not.

I really don't know how they're going ultimately kill split raiding as it is just too invaluable to be doing if you are pushing mythic content. At the start of mythic week we ran our splits at the beginning of the week to get any last minute gear upgrades/4p tier bonuses over starting out in mythic. After this first week we jumped from rank 13th to rank 1 on the server as we just had just that extra edge over the other guilds on the server from split raiding to squeeze out a kill on Imonar before reset.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
My buddy sold his account for $5k after he was one of the guild to clear original Naxx

That's about right. I got offers of $4k back then for the same, with full t3 and the xbow off KT on my hunter. I know warr/rogues that were offered $5k+.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
But they've got to make Tier Sets suck so that you won't miss them when they're gone. If they do a shitty enough job this tier, they'll never have to do them again. Just like when you had that job at the restaurant in high school and they wanted you to bread the chicken, but it was a pain in the ass, so you made sure to fuck the batch up all to hell so that they'd never ask you to do it again.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Rime

<Donor>
Sure do love getting to run ToS until what is left of my soul bleeds out! Gotta get those titan-forged t20 pieces!

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
i have 4 pc t21, i wear 2 pieces in my dps set just because the stats are actually pretty good. If i have to tank anything that hits remotely hard i swap to T20. I think i am the lowest ilevel in the raid in my tank set, between wearing 4pc T20 that is ~935, and my weapon having 2x 910 relics and 1x 930 im only around 940 tanked out. meanwhile im 953 in my dps gear..yep i drop 13 ilevels so i can tank things; thanks blizz.

the fix to felhounds was good, tanks now get opposite buffs and there are gaps where swapping makes sense, that fight is just a pain in the ass for monks, i take a ~4 million magic damage after stagger (close to 50% of my hp) every 10 seconds, and usually have a dot that is doing 2mill every 1.5 seconds. then you have incidental damage like having to stack for fears and if some jackass misplaces fire puddles the tank just has to stand in them and eat it up.

Method 3 healing the end boss is pretty funny, i was watching the Korean/Chinese guilds stream their progression and it didn't look like a lot of raid damage was going out but it did look like tanks were getting rocked. I'm glad this tier is "easier" than Tomb nobody wants to bang their heads against shitty shitty wall mechanics. the fights in ABT are strong so far, but dont feel like they rng fuck you nearly as bad. we'll get our first pull on Imoner tonight (im missing due to seeing Star Wars) but im guessing he's easier than he looked the first week of mythic just due to the gear levels floating around at the moment.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'd rather delete my character, relevel it by only picking flowers than do kiljaeden ever again

Left my monk at the end of tos heroic and getting back on it now. No gear changes required. Also sits around d 937 or so in optimal gear (t20 could be higher)

Last edited:

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I'd rather delete my character, relevel it by only picking flowers
2989C621-78ED-4C07-B83D-DA0D95D7C28E.jpeg

• 1Solidarity

Needless

Toe Sucker
125minutes to kill the last boss? that's just asking for somebody to columbine the blizz HQ when you wipe 2 hours into a fight. What the fuck?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Don't feel bad, it took me until last week when someone actually explained what it meant. For the longest time I figured it was just broken

• 1Solidarity