World of Warcraft: Current Year

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
So looks like I have to do one more KJ heroic run because my lazy ass never unlocked the hidden appearance until this morning. Hilarious part is "ilvl 950 speed run, link Argus AOTC"... what.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
We clear up to H KJ in less than an hour, one wipe on KJ, one of the tanks causes a wipe by not taunting, raid mostly disbands. People fuckin' suck, man. And Blizz really made this fight annoying af, didn't they.

• 1Barf

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
We clear up to H KJ in less than an hour, one wipe on KJ, one of the tanks causes a wipe by not taunting, raid mostly disbands. People fuckin' suck, man. And Blizz really made this fight annoying af, didn't they.

Yes the mechanics in that fight are stupid unforgiving. Forget to soak a puddle? Wipe. Tank forgot to taunt. Wipe. Someone didn't kite stupid orb? Wipe.

Zhro

Silver Knight of the Realm
We got mythic Kin'garoth tonight and our best pull on Varimathras was ~36%. We should get it Sunday and it's really not that bad of a fight, since we're using a third tank to do the plague mechanic. It's also a pretty fast fight since enrage is at 5 minutes.

• 1Like

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
I missed our imoner progression since I went to see star wars. But we are raiding again on monday. How many wiped did it take you guys?

Zhro

Silver Knight of the Realm
I missed our imoner progression since I went to see star wars. But we are raiding again on monday. How many wiped did it take you guys?

27 wipes for first kill and 7 for the re-kill. Wipes seem to occur when we don't do bridge fast enough and or people with pulse grenade decided to run with everyone else knockning people around.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Twas a joke Vyasa goddamnit!!!!

Monk one don't do a hell of a whole lot ever besides free dps

• 1Worf

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Twas a joke Vyasa goddamnit!!!!

giphy.gif

(sorry I just love this gif)

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
So I pet battled today and had my go-to team of ikky (flying), horde fanatic (humanoid), and small frog (aquatic). Guy I was facing had an undead, a flying, and a magic pet. Basically, the worst comp for me to face with my team. I always start with ikky, because black claw + flock is an absolutely killer combo that can wipe out a pet very easily. Or, at worst, the black claw forces a pet swap so as to avoid the extra damage. Anyway, I took the risk starting with ikky when I knew my opponent had a magic pet, and sure enough he brought out his magic pet first. I started my usual black claw and flock, but the magic pet (a cat of some kind?) destroyed ikky before I could get my 2nd flock off for real damage. Obviously I couldn't bring my frog out next to face a magic, so I brought out horde fanatic. Man oh man, he's amazing pet. The combo of jar of smelly liquid (increase my speed while halving enemy damage) plus the auto heal that humanoid pets get each round is amazing. It basically turns even the hardest hitting pets into softies because you knock the damage in half, and then heal for 60ish on top of that. I managed to finish the magic pet AND the undead with my humanoid, although a curse of doom ended up being too much for him and ended him. You are probably thinking,about how can you use a small frog against a flyer?!?! BUT small frog is fucking awesome and I swear I got a kiss transformation on nearly every attack (outside of the debuff protection) so his final pet was mostly rendered impotent.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
So I pet battled today and had my go-to team of ikky (flying), horde fanatic (humanoid), and small frog (aquatic). Guy I was facing had an undead, a flying, and a magic pet. Basically, the worst comp for me to face with my team. I always start with ikky, because black claw + flock is an absolutely killer combo that can wipe out a pet very easily. Or, at worst, the black claw forces a pet swap so as to avoid the extra damage. Anyway, I took the risk starting with ikky when I knew my opponent had a magic pet, and sure enough he brought out his magic pet first. I started my usual black claw and flock, but the magic pet (a cat of some kind?) destroyed ikky before I could get my 2nd flock off for real damage. Obviously I couldn't bring my frog out next to face a magic, so I brought out horde fanatic. Man oh man, he's amazing pet. The combo of jar of smelly liquid (increase my speed while halving enemy damage) plus the auto heal that humanoid pets get each round is amazing. It basically turns even the hardest hitting pets into softies because you knock the damage in half, and then heal for 60ish on top of that. I managed to finish the magic pet AND the undead with my humanoid, although a curse of doom ended up being too much for him and ended him. You are probably thinking,about how can you use a small frog against a flyer?!?! BUT small frog is fucking awesome and I swear I got a kiss transformation on nearly every attack (outside of the debuff protection) so his final pet was mostly rendered impotent.
This almost makes pet battling sound interesting enough to get into. Almost. My Pokémon method was always out level, out power, so even a counter would get owned, but that's not how it works. I have over 200 pets, but leveling all the appropriate ones sounds like aids. All my lvl 25 pets came from tokens. I also know there's a five or six battle pattern to level to max, but even that sounds like too much work.

Put it this way, I'm so lazy, I waited until I was ilvl 950 to do the artifact weapon challenge where I just moon fire spammed, and beat the boss in one round when it's supposed to last a couple cycles.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
This almost makes pet battling sound interesting enough to get into. Almost. My Pokémon method was always out level, out power, so even a counter would get owned, but that's not how it works. I have over 200 pets, but leveling all the appropriate ones sounds like aids. All my lvl 25 pets came from tokens. I also know there's a five or six battle pattern to level to max, but even that sounds like too much work.

Put it this way, I'm so lazy, I waited until I was ilvl 950 to do the artifact weapon challenge where I just moon fire spammed, and beat the boss in one round when it's supposed to last a couple cycles.
this play by play is like reading a dwarf fortress summary.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So I am killing a named on Argus for a World quest because I needed Argunite. It dies and I got a Legendary Cloak for it. I was in no way aware that World quest mobs could give out legendaries. That was a surprise.

• 1Solidarity

xzi

Mouthbreather
Any rares, chests, bosses and emissary caches can drop legendaries out in the world. It's kind of silly. I got my last legendary on my paladin by opening a chest on Broken Shore.