World of Warcraft: Current Year

Braen

<Medals Crew>
Instead of a flat 60 buck to boost 100, maybe a tiered system... 15 bucks to start in BC/Wrath, 30 to start in Cata/Mists, 45 to start in WoD and the full monty to start in Legion.

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
Have you started leveling a character yet though? Its just as trivial as it has always been, it just takes longer now.
Once you try it, you will find that it doesn't really satisfy the people that wanted the content to be non-trivial.
It's hard not to think of these changes as little more than a way to make character boosts more appealing.

As a side note:
You don't need to spend 60$ on a boost necessarily, you can buy the base game + legion and attach those on your Battle.net account and then you can use the free boost from Legion on your main WoW account.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Hahaha did they really spend the time to make a High-Res model of the Black Qiraji Tank Mount for the 5 people who still play the game who actually have it?

They likely updated all the Silithid mount models, since they're just reskins of each other. Likely we'll see use able mounts from the AQ mini holiday. Or maybe an AQ time walking after Ulduar.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
As a side note:
You don't need to spend 60$ on a boost necessarily, you can buy the base game + legion and attach those on your Battle.net account and then you can use the free boost from Legion on your main WoW account.

Oh? I thought the boost was only available on the WoW account (not b.net account) that you purchased/registered the expansion for. If this isn't the case, damn. I would have gone this route instead of buying a boost directly.

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, if you can grab it when they do those 50% promotions it comes out a lot cheaper than just buying the boost directly.
The only downside is the clutter on the b.net account.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This patch wasn’t close to ready. Releasing the patch in that state was complete malpractice.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Dungeons are not worth it while levelling, doing an ele shaman with hierlooms, trash lives long enough to get 4-5 earthquakes down. For comparison, stuff rarely lived long enough to even build enough maelstrom for 1 before.

I've only done a rogue to 30 with the changes but I've found it worthwhile to run each dungeon once for quests. Shit is still dying fastish just not as fast as before, and the dungeon quest exp is decent. Plus no out leveling a dungeon now (at least til 60 for classic ones).

Rime

<Donor>
I've been working on the new pet battle achievements. Pet battles are running smooth as silk A++++.

Amen to this! I have finished the Mechanical and Beast families so far, hope to grind out the other six this weekend while there is an influx of people due to Battle Pet event!

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
$60 for a level 100 boost is way overpriced as is, but if people didn't want to put up with the abortion that this patch creation for leveling and it gets them more purchases (or legion box sales) they'll be happy for it.

Vulg

Golden Knight of the Realm
Whatever fuckery Blizzard deployed, it's wiped out a couple of raid nights. We can't recall a more disruptive patch, and to have it happen while working on the last boss of the expansion is some bullshit.

This has been floating around, not sure if true:

6f8KR2w.jpg

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
The "one engineer" part wouldn't happen

lol, you'd be surprised. Have literally had to deal with a single developer fucking up the package code for the entire team, which had to be triaged, fixed, and redeployed. Granted this was still in the test cycle, not production deployed code. So multiple levels of fuck up had to occur.

Last edited: