World of Warcraft: Current Year

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I tried getting those 4 extra bag slots yesterday but gave up. I've had a physical authenticator since Wrath and thought that would be enough. Turns out I'd need to de-authorize that and get the one on my phone instead. Not sure if it's even worth the hassle to be honest. :/

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
If it means de-trivializing content - sure. I don't think it's necessary to be completely histrionic and say that people who like leveling this way simply feel the need to impose their taste on everyone else. I think it's more about bringing attention to the fact that a lot of content that is relevant to the experience of this type of game has been trivialized as the game has evolved. Wanting a languid, gradual progression outside of the end game doesn't feel like a huge ask when you consider the logic behind making a game an RPG to begin with.

If we take this convenience argument far enough, why have the level experience at all? There has to be a happy medium between "I only want to play 10 hours to hit cap" and "THAT SHIT SHOULD TAKE EONS". I think the pacing is difficult to figure out, but the system that was in place before(endless LFD spam) was lame, and it made a huge chunk of that classic solo leveling experience disappear. If you liked it, and you say that it needs to come back, then you're just arguing that my taste is wrong and wanting everyone to play your way.

Again, do you think it's reasonable that the game be changed for everyone rather than you choosing to wear slightly less heirloom gear?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Again, do you think it's reasonable that the game be changed for everyone rather than you choosing to wear slightly less heirloom gear?
Difficult question. As an old player you want to skip the leveling shit when you powerlevel your 34th alt, but new players experience the low level game with mobs dying in less than 3 seconds. They never learn rotations or how to use their class kit, and are dumbfounded when suddenly the difficulty ramps up in the latest expansion and they have to figure out how to survive simple boss mechanics that they never experienced because the bosses died so quickly.

WoW does a shitty job mixing new players with veterans. The latter just want their daily grind to be done as quick as possible, while the former feel the "rush through", "no explanations" and "you'll get kicked when you fuck up" as elitism. The end result is contempt and a shitty experience for both sides.

• 1Picard

xzi

Mouthbreather
What I don't get is why they want to buff old raids in a way that prevents max level players from Soloing them. Shit like Seige of Org and transmog shit probably keeps a fair number of casuals around, taking that away seems dumb.

Can solo normal first boss of EN as prot, can't solo 3rd boss in a raid from 2 expansions ago kek

• 1Barf

Rime

<Donor>
I tried getting those 4 extra bag slots yesterday but gave up. I've had a physical authenticator since Wrath and thought that would be enough. Turns out I'd need to de-authorize that and get the one on my phone instead. Not sure if it's even worth the hassle to be honest. :/

Hm? No. You just need to sign up for SMS Protection if you already have a physical authenticator. (IE: Let Blizzard text you)

-----

On the topic of old raids being borked, they said it was not 'intentional' and that they will work on fixing it - But the current raid issues (falling through the world on any sort of incline, class bugs, and FPS drops) come first.

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Someone posted this on the recruiter discord as s FPS fix. Haven't tried myself but people have been reporting sound issues too so it leads me to believe it's true

unknown-3.png

On the topic of slow levelling and gimping yourself. It's fairly selfish to come in and want the game changed for you and your playstyle a d disregard how the game was for all these years. That's a memememe attitude about it. If you want to level slow, then don't put on exp boost shit.

Maybe they should allow heirlooms but allow disabling bonus exp.

• 1Solidarity

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Maybe they should just make a WoW classic server.

• 3Worf
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 3 users

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
That "fix" has been rebutted a few times on reddit but... it's reddit. So who knows.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
I lagged like molasses in February on the greater invasion boss I did yesterday, but beyond that, nothing yet. We'll see tonight, I guess.

Zhro

Silver Knight of the Realm
Still couldn't do Argus progression and a new thing we noticed was people dying to death fog when they were clearly not it in, so that's neat. It could be just because everyone was playing at 5 fps, but it was a lot of ranged getting gibbed right outside of death fog.

We went and recleared heroic and it was just awful, not very fun and I just stopped caring and wanted it to be over. We noticed that possibly healing rain was causing some fps issues as after our shaman had died on Vari we all gained a bunch of fps back, but could have just been a coincidence.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Things we tried to no avail to fix the powerpoint raiding.

-nosound - didn't work
death knight voices (off) - had a minor fps increase
all addons off - no increase
particles and every setting to off/low - minor increase

It definitely has something to do with particle effects or the way abilities are "cached" server side. so things that speed up abilities like lust make the fps drop even more.

I had to go WW on Varimathras since i couldn't tank him even staring at the ground and react fast enough to slashs. we called raid about an hour early since Coven progression was impossible with 1/2 the raid having issues and the other 1/2 having zero issues with lag.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I've been working on the new pet battle achievements. Pet battles are running smooth as silk A++++.

• 1Barf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Hahaha did they really spend the time to make a High-Res model of the Black Qiraji Tank Mount for the 5 people who still play the game who actually have it?