World of Warcraft: Current Year

Cybsled

Not sure on # of wipes. It was released 10/24/17 and a guild in Japan finally beat it 11/4.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
There are groups that, 2 expansions later, still wipe on Titan Extreme.
Level synced maybe but unsynced you can't really wipe to Titan EX anymore unless literally everyone gets hit by the 1 landslide that only hits on half the arena, so it takes some special kind of retard to wipe to this. I solo farmed my Titan EX mount at the start of SB.

Anyway I don't believe XIV is harder than mythic wow, for the little I've seen of mythic wow, but it does have some hard content, mostly ultimate bahamut and to a lesser extent savage.

Btw unrelated simple question and not sure how to phrase it for google, in wow, how do you get access to past expansions, iirc it was if you sub you have access to all expansions besides the most current one? Like if I sub now, I get everything but Legion? If I grab battle for azeroth when that releases, I'd have access to everything? I've been considering resubbing at some point to get through the story shit and what not, think I'll wait until next expansion but curious anyway.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
If you buy the base game now I believe it has up through WOD and then you buy legion separately. I assume with bfa the base game will then include legion

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not sure what happens if you bought a prior xpack and resub without buying the current xpack. I assume you automatically get all xpacks prior to the current one. Purchasing the current will get you everything (assuming you have some part of the base game).

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Not sure what happens if you bought a prior xpack and resub without buying the current xpack. I assume you automatically get all xpacks prior to the current one. Purchasing the current will get you everything (assuming you have some part of the base game).

Yep, Blizzard just bundles previous expansions into the "base" game at certain points. I don't think WoD was originally included in the base game until a few months after Legion was already live, could be wrong about that though. It definitely is part of the base game now though so if you reactivate an old account you have access to it.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So looking at this new expansion, it consists of,

1. Level increase
2. New dungeons/raids
3. New races but not any new classes.
4. New Artifact armor similar to the weapons in idea.

Is that really it? That seems pretty shallow but I guess they do not have the programming team to actually come up with a least one out of a couple of ideas I would try at this point.

1. Housing: How the hell does this game not have a housing system yet, similar to DAoC that uses a different zone but allows players to see them for bragging rights and such. They could market furniture/statues/decorations on their store. It just seems like this should have happened by now. Yes we have guild halls and garrisons, but that went halfway.

2. A True Alliance: Isn't about time that the Horde got to group with the alliance? How many Gods and Titans do we have to come together to kill, before we come together to kill? I think at this stage in the game, it would be an awesome selling point to actually be able to group and guild with the opposite alliance.

3. Frontiers: This again could be in the same vein as DAoC with actual territorial maps that had castles and keeps to take over. The garrisons idea already shows that this is feasible with programming required to show wear and tear on walls and such. PvP balancing with large scale confrontations would of course be the thorn, but it could be loads of fun.

Just a few ideas that are left and I am sure there are others.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah that's what I'm wondering about, while I don't care much about my old chars as I'd probably roll a new one, I'd want to restart on my old account, no reason to make a new one. I have up to wotlk only, haven't played since, I wonder if just resubbing would give me all the expansions short of legion or not. I can just wait until next expansion and buy that one though, that'd fix the issue and I get a free lvl 100whatever alt, so probably what I'll do.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah that's what I'm wondering about, while I don't care much about my old chars as I'd probably roll a new one, I'd want to restart on my old account, no reason to make a new one. I have up to wotlk only, haven't played since, I wonder if just resubbing would give me all the expansions short of legion or not. I can just wait until next expansion and buy that one though, that'd fix the issue and I get a free lvl 100whatever alt, so probably what I'll do.

BfA pre-sale is probably coming soon. That might give you Legion for free.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So looking at this new expansion, it consists of,

1. Level increase
2. New dungeons/raids
3. New races but not any new classes.
4. New Artifact armor similar to the weapons in idea.

Is that really it? That seems pretty shallow but I guess they do not have the programming team to actually come up with a least one out of a couple of ideas I would try at this point.

1. Housing: How the hell does this game not have a housing system yet, similar to DAoC that uses a different zone but allows players to see them for bragging rights and such. They could market furniture/statues/decorations on their store. It just seems like this should have happened by now. Yes we have guild halls and garrisons, but that went halfway.

2. A True Alliance: Isn't about time that the Horde got to group with the alliance? How many Gods and Titans do we have to come together to kill, before we come together to kill? I think at this stage in the game, it would be an awesome selling point to actually be able to group and guild with the opposite alliance.

3. Frontiers: This again could be in the same vein as DAoC with actual territorial maps that had castles and keeps to take over. The garrisons idea already shows that this is feasible with programming required to show wear and tear on walls and such. PvP balancing with large scale confrontations would of course be the thorn, but it could be loads of fun.

Just a few ideas that are left and I am sure there are others.

The only new pieces of content already announced are:
Islands - evolution of their invasion point tech on Argus. Now with “advanced” AI.
Warfronts - BGs without opposing players.

Maybe those two points are bigger development loads than they seem but this xpack doesn’t not seem high on new systems. WQs and scaling content came with Legion. Not aware of anything on that level coming with BfA.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
The announced features are kind of lame but it's being strongly hinted that the whole thing is going to revolve around Old God content. The should have led with that instead of new skins for preexisting models.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Been doing legion assaults every day on a team of Demon Hunters to level them up. Been thinking to myself "Man, this seems way slower than normal. Did they change assault exp in the patch?". Looked at their gear today when they hit 107... noticed I never put any heirlooms on them. derp.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dalien

Registered Hodor
The announced features are kind of lame but it's being strongly hinted that the whole thing is going to revolve around Old God content. The should have led with that instead of new skins for preexisting models.

It's going to be Old Gods for sure, it's been heavily foreshadowed this whole expansion. And yeah I'm kinda baffled about no mentions of it, I guess it's supposed to be some kind of reveal later? So far all we've got is "hey guys great job defeating the Burning fuckin' Legion once and for all, lets go burn down Darnassus and PvP over some shitty little islands no one knew about until last week (except for Jaina's mom)."

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Obliterum. Should I save it or just start blowing on my 110 engineer helmet until I LFR some argus shit and surpass what I can from upgrading it?

Cybsled

Ashara is one of the last major badguys with a strong link to the Old Gods (her pact with them created the Naga) and she features heavily in this expansion, so not too surprising.

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Obliterum. Should I save it or just start blowing on my 110 engineer helmet until I LFR some argus shit and surpass what I can from upgrading it?

Ditch the engineer helmet and get the new Argus crafted. That'll upgrade past ABT LFR gear.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
The base premise is very unengaging . Continued war on Azeroth makes no fucking sense now that the Legion is dead and you can colonize whole new worlds .

Similarly the whole subrace business is just handled badly. Alliance gets two races practically pulled from someone's ass based on the last patch of Legion (lightforged Dranei and Void Elves) and the Horde gets two of the primary factions from the Legion expansion. This makes no goddamn sense given that Thalyssra and her brood would be extinct had the Hero not gone through all that questing to break their cycle of addiction and save their entire race. So to have them suddenly go 'hmmm thanks for being our Messiah...we are going to kill you and everyone you love' is just not rational.

Perhaps if they played up the wound in Azeroth allowing the Old God's to take over and influence the two sides it might MIGHT pass the narrative giggle test, but they don't seem to be doing that.