World of Warcraft: Current Year

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Got a noob question I can't seem to find the answer for. How exactly does Dungeon Finder level scaling work? Since all the vanilla dungeons look to scale 20-60 does it pool all players 20-60 for the Dungeon Finder? Got a friend who's working on his Highmountain Tauren unlock. I'll be 40 by the time he does. Could a level 20 and a level 40 queue together?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Today after quite a bit of thought and discussion I decided to step down as GM, raid lead, and main tank of FOH.

Several months ago I started making some pretty uncharacteristic decisions that weren't 'me' that I felt I needed to do. This included publicly humiliating an officer. That never sat well, and things got worse. As time went on, leading the guild began to stress me out, and it was physically manifesting itself. Today it came to a head and I decided that I just can't deal with it anymore.

For now alkorin plans to keep running stuff Thurs, fri and Monday. I'd defer questions or requests to him and @Antidote.

I've also decided to step back from the forum and probably leave the guild completely. I need to distance myself from it and it's the only move that feels right.

Sorry if this is disjointed. Thanks for the last few years.

• 4Supertaster
  • 1SJW
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 6 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Got a noob question I can't seem to find the answer for. How exactly does Dungeon Finder level scaling work? Since all the vanilla dungeons look to scale 20-60 does it pool all players 20-60 for the Dungeon Finder? Got a friend who's working on his Highmountain Tauren unlock. I'll be 40 by the time he does. Could a level 20 and a level 40 queue together?

There are minimum levels for each dungeon through dungeon finder. So for instance RFC might unlock at level 15 through dungeon finder, SFK at 17, Wailing Caverns at 20, etc etc etc. Basically all the dungeons still have the same minimum level requirements they always did. However, they now ALL scale to 60 so you could, if you were so inclined, level from 15 to 60 in RFC alone. Yes you can group with and level with your friend at 40 when he's 20. You can quest together out in the world as well as that scales too. You'll just have to do it in a zone/dungeon that has a minimum level requirement of 20 or less at first.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Today after quite a bit of thought and discussion I decided to step down as GM, raid lead, and main tank of FOH.

Several months ago I started making some pretty uncharacteristic decisions that weren't 'me' that I felt I needed to do. This included publicly humiliating an officer. That never sat well, and things got worse. As time went on, leading the guild began to stress me out, and it was physically manifesting itself. Today it came to a head and I decided that I just can't deal with it anymore.

For now alkorin plans to keep running stuff Thurs, fri and Monday. I'd defer questions or requests to him and @Antidote.

I've also decided to step back from the forum and probably leave the guild completely. I need to distance myself from it and it's the only move that feels right.

Well shit man. Why were you trying to lead a forum guild AND being a mod for this terrible community? I can't imagine the shit you guys get in PM's/reports. You're a good man Charlie Brown.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
FWIW, the officer he publicly humiliated was me, and I don't hold it against him (unless he asks nicely).

We'll still be running things if we have the people for it, so if you're in guild and you're still interested in raiding, stick around. We can make this work. If not, don't be a stranger. Some of us will still be around, regardless of what happens.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Well shit man. Why were you trying to lead a forum guild AND being a mod for this terrible community? I can't imagine the shit you guys get in PM's/reports. You're a good man Charlie Brown.
The reports kind of became a non issue when we moved to this forum, it was bad on rerolled.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The only way I've ever known someone to be able to put up with raid leading/guild leading for extended periods was to either be the most saccharine upbeat lump of sugar in the world, or to drink to excess.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I've already quit this iteration unless they do something really cool for pre-BfA stuff. Another WoW cycle comes and goes!

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord

Better still hang out in the non WOW forums, Noodlebutt. Sorry you burned yourself out on WOW. I know that feels.

Jox

Molten Core Raider
Our raid leader quit for school right after Aggramar died and our guild leader stepped in to raid lead for now. You can tell how much it's stressing him out after just 2 raid nights.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
What the hell kind of raid leading are you people doing to get so stressed out? It's a lame duck expansion right now, content is basically on farm and nothing new expected for 6+ months.

Khane

What the hell kind of raid leading are you people doing to get so stressed out? It's a lame duck expansion right now, content is basically on farm and nothing new expected for 6+ months.

11/11M raider over here!

xzi

Mouthbreather

Friends are underperforming and you have to tell them they're not allowed to come, when it was once just killing dragons with bros. Constant recruiting (not so much my job) with constant people ghosting you and not being completely sure whether or not you'll fill a roster tonight because one of your core healers is gone and you're not gonna kill imonar with a pug, etc.

Things just add up over time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Before I can take you seriously I need you to link me your armory

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Friends are underperforming and you have to tell them they're not allowed to come

1489794583845.png

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I'm nothing special really, only 8/11M here but I guess I see your point xzi xzi . I guess people handle it in different ways; I never let the shit drag me down that much. I use the stressed out angry raid lead thing as a persona to motivate my people but I leave it there the moment I walk away from the desk chair.

Ahh well, do what you gotta do I guess.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Raiding ruins lives.

*Mythic raiding

If you can learn to be content with heroic raiding, you will have a much better time!
At least, that's what I've experienced over the last 2 xpacs. Becoming tolerant of personal loot makes filling those last couple spots, if needed, with PuGs, more manageable as well.