World of Warcraft: Current Year

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
What they seem to mean is a return to previous legendary model (one legendary, long quest to unlock).

I liked the Legendary cloak in Mists, but not the ring in WOD. The artifact weapon kinna took the place of that, so if we essentially have two artifacts, might seem odd, unless the legendary caps (or quest timeline lockouts or delays) and the artifact has that infinite carrot to differentiate them.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I'd like a stat stick legendary trinket, so I can stop dicking around with all the weird effect items.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I'd like a stat stick legendary trinket, so I can stop dicking around with all the weird effect items.

Arcano crystals for EVERYONE!

YRDNO8H.gif

• 1Worf
  • 1Triggered
  • 1Comrade
Reactions: 2 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I don't mind mythic raiding requiring certain classes. Aggramar right now I don't think you can do without a blood dk (or two)

Jox

Molten Core Raider
Specific classes making certain fights significantly easier is fine, Agg is doable just much harder without blood dks. Stuff like the wod furnace fight that absolutely required mind control is bad design.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
I liked the Legendary cloak in Mists, but not the ring in WOD. The artifact weapon kinna took the place of that, so if we essentially have two artifacts, might seem odd, unless the legendary caps (or quest timeline lockouts or delays) and the artifact has that infinite carrot to differentiate them.
Yah MoP cloaks were a good Legendary system. Had you run through all the raids, and stuff. I liked those. Bummer they took them out.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rime

<Donor>
I thoroughly enjoyed and was invested in the MoP Cloak. Less so with the WoD Ring.

It will be a shame (in my opinion) if they go back to the old-old system, where a Legendary is role (or even class) specific and is the only one available that raid/tier/expansion.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Specific classes making certain fights significantly easier is fine, Agg is doable just much harder without blood dks. Stuff like the wod furnace fight that absolutely required mind control is bad design.
I wonder if there are any aggramar kills with 0 dks though

Burns

I wonder if there are any aggramar kills with 0 dks though

Warcraft Logs has nearly twice as many M Aggra kill parces for Blood DK (2,847) as every other tank, combined. In the top 300 guild first kills, that had public parces, all of them had at least 1 DK, some had 4. Four fucking DK tanks, lulz!

That was about as far as my curiosity took me.

Zhro

Silver Knight of the Realm
I know having 3 tanks for the fight is not that necessary, but damn I can't imagine doing that fight without a third tank let alone none of the tanks being a blood DK either.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
i mean obviously its possible to do it with 2 tanks, but seriously why would you hamstring yourself that hard, surely someone has a BDK alt.

4 tanking just gives you an extra mass grip once all the adds are piled together instead of asking the mages/boomkins/priests to knock them back when they get to close with a decently larger range, that would be pretty handy.

Zhro

Oh yeah for sure, you'd have to be an idiot to not use 3 tanks.

The 4 tank strat would have been cool, because I can't count the amount of wipes attributed to people messing up their knock backs especially with really shit ring of peace placements.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
We had two of the monks mia last raid and they wanted me on RoP duty. It's like.. man, even if I were dpsing there's a chance I'd mess this is, but doing it from the other side of the boss is sadistic

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Speaking of Aggramar, shameless recruitment plug:

If any of you are a Shadow Priest in need of a good team, my raid group is 9/11M in 10 weeks of raiding and could really use you for Aggramar/Argus progression for a last minute rush for AOTC.

Area 52 - Horde, PM me if interested.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Got a bfa alpha invite on my warrior account. played around with a few classes, BrM feels like shit at the moment, DH tank felt good and more fluid. they reverted the change that made spirit bomb replace soulcarver, so thats a bit of a pain but overall the reduction in buttons on the DH made it feel more manageable than on live where you have shear-->fracture-->soulcarver--->that other strike ability--->infernal strike--->fierybrand--->immolation aura--->demonspikes--->what ever sigils you are using-->spiritbomb-->whatever else you need to push and have to keep all that more or less flowing.

Warlock was pretty enjoyable, but i feel like they overloaded abilities in demo. you have a ton of cooldowns to manage that are all 10secs-3 min. off the top of my head you have nether portal (only use when you are about to dump soul stones), slash (pet ability that gives a soulstone on a 10 sec CD), demon commander (big aoe cooldown), bilescourge bombers (aoe ability), molten core (gives you 2 charges of an instant cast ability that generates soulstones 20-30ish sec cooldown), implosion (requires monitoring of your imps time remaining). on top of that your juggling hand of gul'dan for imp summoning (at 3 soulstones) and dreadstalkers (20 sec cooldown 2 soulstones) and managing your molten core procs which provide 2 soulstones per cast. it just seems like a lot of things to juggle, im sure with WA's itll be significantly easier but currently i was always missing pushing an ability and leaving cooldowns just kinda hanging.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I've heard good things about DH in the expac. I can't imagine not playing BrM at this point, but we'll see what they do

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I got invited to the BfA alpha a few days ago. Haven't logged in yet, not sure I will. What a waste!

Zhro

Arms is looking really good with the rework and they are getting executioners precision back in the way of an azerite armor trait. There has been 0 done for fury other than adjusting DPS cooldown durations to be longer to account for the new all DPS cooldowns are now on the GCD. I really can't see myself wanting to play fury or any other spec that has a bunch of cooldowns to begin with, if this makes it live. I've been playing a Frost DK as an alt and it's super fun, but it would be 3 GCDs before I could get going on my opener/rotation, just seems like they're slowing it down somewhat like FF14.

I was looking at trying DPS DH as they only have 1 big DPS cooldown and that's it. They seem like a fluid class to play with the changes Blizz has out there currently.