World of Warcraft: Current Year

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
World PvP
  • The team isn't 100% sure why players are hesitant to engage in PvP combat. Is it the fact that there is a person on the other end, so they feel pressure and stress, or is it the behavior of the character on the other end.
  • Leveling with War Mode (World PvP) enabled will grant more experience and rewards, with the intent being to offset the time lost to dealing with PvP and making leveling just as fast and rewarding with PvP on.
  • You will fill up a bar with Conquest Points, earning a weapon or another piece of gear each time you fill it. Every week you earn another piece, and after you completed your set you will build a more powerful set.
  • If you are a Gladiator level player, there is still a random loot system that rewards gear competitive with raid gear.
  • Honor Talents are now tied to player level and will be unlocked as you level to 120.
  • When you have War Mode on, you will be put on a shard with only other players that have it on.
  • Group finder will only list groups with players that have the same War Mode toggle state as you.
  • You can manually group with people that have War Mode off, but you won't be able to see them out in the world.
I highlighted the first bullet point because I found it amusing. PvP in WoW is fucking awful and pointless that's why people don't engage.

It is kinda funny they don't get why people don't enjoy trying to level up when you are getting preyed on by max level bored assholes who will just farm you into oblivion and you have literally no defense against it nor any way to fight back.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Well, I may be back after I move in a couple weeks. Going to be cutting my TV cord and going full roku. I do still have free tv through my current job, but since I am not in a location they offer service, I can only do roku to take advantage of it.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Well, I may be back after I move in a couple weeks. Going to be cutting my TV cord and going full roku. I do still have free tv through my current job, but since I am not in a location they offer service, I can only do roku to take advantage of it.
Can't you get an account with them and sign in through website to take advantage of it?

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I was pretty surprised they were launching that early. So we are basically 4 months out from the expansion now and still have not done the artifact weapon finale stuff yet and then the prepatch after that so looks like we should have very minimal content draught to end this thing up which is way better than the last couple of expansions.

To be fair the newest expansion is probably the least ambitious thing they've done with expansions ever. But it'll probably be better this way.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Can't you get an account with them and sign in through website to take advantage of it?

Well, the idea is to have TV on my TV. Roku is a one time box purchase. If amazon prime has an app there I will have access to everything I pay for across multiple sites.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
To be fair the newest expansion is probably the least ambitious thing they've done with expansions ever. But it'll probably be better this way.

If they keep adding to it at a consistent pace maybe that is a better model for them to go after. It is pretty clear what we are seeing at the start with the alliance vs horde is probably not going to be the long term focus of the expansion so it is possible we get more argus like additions during its course. I was puttering around in alpha and i have to say the new horde areas especially the giant pyramid are really amazing looking and the questing so far horde side has been really good. Honestly if they can do more gradual build ups without year plus long content gaps I am pretty okay with that.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Who else is excited about having to obtain different sets of helm, shoulders, and chest for every spec?

xzi

Mouthbreather
I also don't know why people don't like world pvp, but I play prot paladin in the world and have literally never died once while 1v3ing so who knows

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I also don't know why people don't like world pvp, but I play prot paladin in the world and have literally never died once while 1v3ing so who knows

You don't see how that might be part of the problem?

flat,800x800,070,f.jpg

• 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
Hey as long as I'm having fun being vastly overpowered it's a cool system to me

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Who else is excited about having to obtain different sets of helm, shoulders, and chest for every spec?

I am curious how much of a thing this will be. The initial testing one basically had one row of spec specific stuff with four options one neutral PVE one and 3 spec specific picks. I am sure at the high end there probably will be more of this but it is unclear how much of a thing this will be other than if the item just does not have the stats your spec wants. Still it is no worse than the current legendary system which already has people doing stuff like this with a lot less control in how they acquire it. Also the necklace being what you power up helps prevent you from having to grind up each specs items differently so if you do need to get a different set of items at least you can just put them on and then immediately have access to your pool of points to unlock stuff. We shall see how it works in practice but at least initially it looks like a mild improvement over what we were seeing in legion between AP grinding and the legendaries.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I played on a pretty hardcore PVP server for Vanilla and BC. Hearing the rogue vanish sound still sends shivers down my back... :(

• 1Solidarity

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I played on a pretty hardcore PVP server for Vanilla and BC. Hearing the rogue vanish sound still sends shivers down my back... :(

I played mage and tried to stay the fuck away from common areas like STV. I didn't go to STV until I was 60 and geared. Being generally the only one in Feralas and Winterspring was refreshing after getting continuously ganked in Darkshire....

Well, the idea is to have TV on my TV. Roku is a one time box purchase. If amazon prime has an app there I will have access to everything I pay for across multiple sites.

Roku has an Amazon ap that you can watch their movies, TV shows and listen to your music. Wife uses it frequently.

Lenaldo

Golden Knight of the Realm
I played a rogue in vanilla and tbc on a pvp server and never saw a problem with stunlocking a clothy from 100-0% usinf a barman shanker with no chance of them responding... Get gud nub

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I played a mage since vanilla. Blink was never fixed properly yet fel rush works just fine, but when i came back and realized I couldn't blink out of stuns i didn't need to know any more I just figured PVP was undead and killed twice over.

• 1Like

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Fel Rush can disconnect you from the server, so that's kind of an issue. For demon hunters anyway, I just find it funny.