World of Warcraft: Current Year

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I am not sure what to expect of the guild for BfA but what bullshit did you guys really have to deal with? I mean the guild is full of fairly decent adults it isn't like it was a kids being a pain in the dick or something. Really shit was running smoothly as a heroic guild and even decently as Mythic. Who knows maybe it seemed different as a regular member but there really was never much drama.
Off the top of my head:

Antidotes and I did essentially all the recruiting, nonstop and fruitlessly

I compiled all mythic strats myself, with live input as we went

People randomly didn't show up, or were wasted, or a myriad of other issues that came with managing a mythic roster

We had a lot of people seriously underperforming

Taural quit the day I quit. He didn't have a chance to post it because he was gonna stick around to help but I decided I was done

If it appeared smooth it's because we talked a lot behind the scenes, i analyzed the fuck out of shit, I stressed over what people would consider very minute details, and I stressed over the big picture. In the end it burnt me out from not only leadership but the guild in whole.

It's there for someone else now. I needed to move on. Call me a pussy, bitch, asshole, whatever. Did what I needed

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I had trouble beating the tanks at DPS at several points throughout Legion in N and H, so I was never going to be anything other than dead weight in mythic, which is why I never joined those. I moved to permanent graves back in January as well, and haven't even been able to do shit on the fun runs either. Sad that it's over until BfA, but I will hopefully be able to get back into some of it with you guys again. It was fun listening to everyone in discord.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I blame myself. If I had thrown my hat into the mythic raiding, things might have gone so much more smoothly and alleviated all the stress and strife.

• 3Worf
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 3 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Off the top of my head:

Antidotes and I did essentially all the recruiting, nonstop and fruitlessly

I compiled all mythic strats myself, with live input as we went

People randomly didn't show up, or were wasted, or a myriad of other issues that came with managing a mythic roster

We had a lot of people seriously underperforming

Taural quit the day I quit. He didn't have a chance to post it because he was gonna stick around to help but I decided I was done

If it appeared smooth it's because we talked a lot behind the scenes, i analyzed the fuck out of shit, I stressed over what people would consider very minute details, and I stressed over the big picture. In the end it burnt me out from not only leadership but the guild in whole.

It's there for someone else now. I needed to move on. Call me a pussy, bitch, asshole, whatever. Did what I needed

All part of leading a guild. I know how much stress it can be from first hand experience over the years. As I said it's a stressful and thankless job. Do I wish things would of turned out differently about it sure, I would be lying if I said otherwise. I am sure many people have their opinions on how they wanted it to be handled but I was burnt out as well. I got to the point I wasn't even logging on other than the raids. Anyone that has to nerve to shit on you for it probably never has led anything before. If I had my way the only thing I could of asked for was a better transition so that most didn't feel they had to find new mythic guilds.

In the end though even in different guilds there are going to be over/under-performers. There are going to be recruiting issues, attendance issues, people quitting, that's just part of the game although just being a raiding member verse the lead is definitely a different perspective.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
It's alright, guise, I'll hold down the fort.

1523491808216.png

• 2Worf
  • 1Trump
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 4 users

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I consider myself lucky. I'm with a team with a 30+ Mythic roster, where everyone aside from the top 5-10 performers tend to get sat on a regular basis, and they are all pretty understanding about it as well. Different fights, different comps. Sometimes people have an off-night and suck it up.

We even have ourselves one of those classic raid leads who verbally humiliates us on a nightly basis until we succeed. (I honestly prefer this method of raid leading; really weeds out the under preforming people quickly, and those who are top performers know better than to take the humiliation personally.) It gets shit done, and gets shit done right.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Yea just rub it in Noodle. Hasn't FoH been through enough?!

• 1Worf

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
I wasn’t ever part of the mythic portion of the guild (days didn’t line up, and I didn’t play much of Legion) but I find it surprising there were a bunch of underperformers. I guess I’d just assumed if someone has been posting on this MMO hobbyist forum for 10+ years they’d hopefully not suck at MMOs.

• 1Worf

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I wasn’t ever part of the mythic portion of the guild (days didn’t line up, and I didn’t play much of Legion) but I find it surprising there were a bunch of underperformers. I guess I’d just assumed if someone has been posting on this MMO hobbyist forum for 10+ years they’d hopefully not suck at MMOs.

I wasnt either so can't comment to specifics, but having been in similar situations in the past, mythic is a huge leap in basically every requirement - performance, roster, gear, commitment. Ive seen some of the absolute best heroic raiders fail miserably making the leap to mythic.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider

I was an underperformer in DPS for sure. The last raid I did prior to Emerald Nightmare with the guild was Temple of Veeshan in live EQ way back in the day....

Jox

Molten Core Raider
I miss having the 10 man versions of the hardest difficulty, heroic nowadays is a joke and gets boring way too fast but trying to keep a stable roster for mythic is just not worth it if you just want to do stuff with your few close friends. Mythic plus is a good addition except the rewards suck, I do 23-24s with my friends, not the highest keys around but they are still harder than any mythic raid in existence, all for 940 base loot.

Khane

Got something right about marriage

Most of the EQ heroes on this forum were probably never very good at video games. You can usually tell who those people are by how much they despise WoW. Game is too hard for them.

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Rime

<Donor>
Battle Tech comes out at the end of the month and Pillars of Eternity 2 drops the second week of next month!