World of Warcraft: Current Year

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
You might actually want to check the comments under the add-on pages as well. Usually if there's issues, people will run quickly to them to gripe. Sometimes you can find ghetto fixes too.

Zhro

Silver Knight of the Realm
I've had issues like that over the course of a raid where it starts out fine and then towards the end of the night I have to relogg or do something to help alleviate the issue. I've boss specific performance issues, like yours, on Agg/Arugs, but mostly Argus.

I had to do a purge of my WeakAuras and only add back in what I really needed and it seemed to help a lot. I know our old MT had the same issue and once he purged his WeakAuras and just installed the auras he needed, it stopped degrading his performance. I know I've seen the WeakAura addon consume tons of memory after a while as well and I know some shitty written auras can cause performance issues.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
We do have a Argus WA that I don't need plus a million others from.previous raids. Good call I'll purge that shit

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
I really have to drop some things from my UI at some point. It started to become a real issue on M AHC and just got worse from there. The advanced combat logging was definitely responsible for some of the latency, but addons can be nasty.

I'll probably drop Details for another meter addon as well. It seems to cause problems for a lot of people and I don't use 99% of its functionality.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
I remember the first time i realized how badly UI elements can drop framerates. Think it was during the wod or legion alpha/beta and no mods were out yet. I felt bummed I didnt have some of the mods, but my god, the silky smooth framerates were delicious.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Every other month I purge my entire add on library and cache folders, then download them all over again. Reaaaally helps, especially with all the minor patching that goes on with ElvUI, DBM, WeakAuras and others.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
If you play with any add-ons you are WEAK

1443.gif

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Every other month I purge my entire add on library and cache folders, then download them all over again. Reaaaally helps, especially with all the minor patching that goes on with ElvUI, DBM, WeakAuras and others.

The GeForce drivers approach, I see.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users