World of Warcraft: Current Year

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Certain classes get the ability to cast on the move either for a limited duration or for specific spells (Shaman and lightning bolt comes to mind) but in general there is still a lot of scurry and plant

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Kind of weird if Blizz was to put this out by May, don't they usually push out expansions around Oct-Nov? If so, that's going to be a shitty year.

I didn't want to buy this but for whatever reason my wife wants it. I'm sure I'll get a few weeks of fun out of it until I get bored again.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I think it HAS to be out before May. I'm 100% sure they know that too. Frankly, I think it has to be out by March, but I'd settle for May. Still..that's 9 months of Siege normal, 8 months of that LFR.
Kind of weird if Blizz was to put this out by May, don't they usually push out expansions around Oct-Nov? If so, that's going to be a shitty year.

I didn't want to buy this but for whatever reason my wife wants it. I'm sure I'll get a few weeks of fun out of it until I get bored again.
About 6 weeks after Wildstar release sounds about right for a good release point. That would also put the pre-release patch around Wildstar open beta I guess? Business as usual.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I basically end up playing expansions as single player games anyways, I mean in the sense that I'll level up and do all the dungeons and intro raids and then stop like I just beat the game.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
To repeat, the smallest gap between announcement and release was 9 months for Pandaria; I believe all the expansions have been in beta for at least 5 months before release.

May is about the earliest reasonable date; September, maybe later, is the likeliest.

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
Need to get combo points on the player and not on the target, account wide reps, account wide gold, and more class quests.

Shabado_sl

shitlord
With squish being the only major overhaul (no class, levels giving gooder to old abilities rather than new ones, same talent system) maybe they're banking on a much shorter beta than they've had before.
Or they are just Blizzard being Blizzard.

bayr_sl

shitlord
Something tells me it's going to be out a lot sooner than most people expect, with the garrison shit still in development, maybe the first 'tier' ready at launch.

They aren't doing anything to keep subs in the meantime, like they did with the 1 year sub shit they pulled, are they? I think early 2014

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I can't decide which class I would hate less. I have an 80 rogue and a 85 hunter. The rogue wins for less keybindings, but the hunter wins for being ranged that can dps on the move and doesn't have to play through cata again.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I don't see how they can wait until autumn 2014 to have any new content. Can't really have a full 12 month gap with zero new content. As it is having anything more than a couple months between major content patches allows the status quo subscribers to notice that monthly or 6 month charge and go "why am I paying for this??" and cancel.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I can't decide which class I would hate less. I have an 80 rogue and a 85 hunter. The rogue wins for less keybindings, but the hunter wins for being ranged that can dps on the move and doesn't have to play through cata again.
If they keep the talent that lets you be competitive without a pet, hunter all the way.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
If they keep the talent that lets you be competitive without a pet, hunter all the way.
It's obvious which talent will be far and away the best. It's stands out, with a huge glowing sign and a blinking arrow pointing at it.

The one that makes you stand still to DPS, of course.

kudos

<Banned>
Perhaps they are banking on Diablo 3 expansion holding them over financially until the WoW expansion hits? In the end the only thing the share holders will give a fuck about is if they made money.

kudos

<Banned>
Yeah, poor blizzard, i hope they can cope with a measly >800million p.a. from wow-subscriptions alone ...
Doesn't matter in their eyes. Decline is a decline and it's dropping quicker each quarter. They look at trends not your fanboy postings.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Doesn't matter in their eyes. Decline is a decline and it's dropping quicker each quarter. They look at trends not your fanboy postings.
Are you talking about this year alone? Because if so, you don't know how derivatives work. I agree they need something and are clearly still bleeding, but yours is just about fanboyish too.

1st Quarter 2nd Quarter 3rd Quarter

1.3 million lost 600k lost 100k lost

That there is a decreasing rate of change. 433k/month in first quarter to 33k/month in 3rd... Math how does it work?