World of Warcraft: Current Year

kudos

<Banned>
Are you talking about this year alone? Because if so, you don't know how derivatives work. I agree they need something and are clearly still bleeding, but yours is just about fanboyish too.

1st Quarter 2nd Quarter 3rd Quarter

1.3 million lost 600k lost 100k lost

That there is a decreasing rate of change. 433k/month in first quarter to 33k/month in 3rd... Math how does it work?
The overall population is dropping each quarter. Agree/Disagree?

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Doesn't matter in their eyes. Decline is a decline and it'sdropping quicker each quarter. They look at trends not your fanboy postings.
See highlight for part i took exception to.

Are you talking about this year alone? Because if so, you don't know how derivatives work.I agree they need something and are clearly still bleeding, but yours is just about fanboyish too.

1st Quarter 2nd Quarter 3rd Quarter

1.3 million lost 600k lost 100k lost

That there is a decreasing rate of change. 433k/month in first quarter to 33k/month in 3rd... Math how does it work?
No shit I agreed they are losing pop.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Interesting...they said they are getting rid of dodge and parry. As item stats, I don't care...but monk tanks are built around avoidance. Their slide said they like those features for tanks, though, so maybe they will just be baked in abilities like they are now.

They are also getting rid of JP (because no one used that shit) and reforging. Only 1 gem slot per item now, but they are making gems more powerful to compensate. Stats on armor adjust to your spec. They are also going to add more 2ndary effects that don't count against the item budget, like life steal, cleave, or movement speed.

They also confirmed that Normal = current flex, heroic = current normal, and mythic = current heroic.

Caeden

Also in the Q&A it came out that they haven't even touched any scenarios for 6.0...this thing will be September...

Also, gear adapts to spec. So you get a plate item and spec ret, it has str and crit or whatever, then spec holy and that item morphs into Int and haste or whatever.

That said, things like Lifesteal and Avoidance are going to make theorycrafting have a new life.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I do not like the gear adjusting to your spec thing. What the bad math folks at Blizzard think are the best stats for your spec rarely are.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I do not like the gear adjusting to your spec thing. What the bad math folks at Blizzard think are the best stats for your spec rarely are.
I don't think you understand. It will be main stat.

STR=INT=AGI etc etc

They are basically just turning into no kidding +gooder at this point.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
For many (me included) BC was the pinnacle of my WoW experience. To me it sounds as if they're basically aiming for a redo of BC with this expansion. We have the return to Out... Draenor, item squish to BC levels, removing reforging, and seemingly removing a lot of the fat that has accumulated in the last few expansions, and no lvl100 dailies (I remember back in BC when dialies were optional to progression, something you did on the side for cool mounts and shit).

I only hope they cut some of the fat out of hunters (far too much skill clutter in my opinion) and I might just sign up again for this and see how it goes.

Edit: Am I the only one who likes the idea of one item set regardless of spec? For multi roll classes it was a bitch trying to get gear for 2+ specs)

Edit 2: mixed up Transmorg and reforge

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
For many (me included) BC was the pinnacle of my WoW experience. To me it sounds as if they're basically aiming for a redo of BC with this expansion. We have the return to Out... Draenor, item squish to BC levels, removing transmorg, and seemingly removing a lot of the fat that has accumulated in the last few expansions, and no lvl100 dailies (I remember back in BC when dialies were optional to progression, something you did on the side for cool mounts and shit).

I only hope they cut some of the fat out of hunters (far too much skill clutter in my opinion) and I might just sign up again for this and see how it goes.

Edit: Am I the only one who likes the idea of one item set regardless of spec? For multi roll classes it was a bitch trying to get gear for 2+ specs)
err where did you see they are removing transmog?

Caeden

For many (me included) BC was the pinnacle of my WoW experience. To me it sounds as if they're basically aiming for a redo of BC with this expansion. We have the return to Out... Draenor, item squish to BC levels, removing transmorg, and seemingly removing a lot of the fat that has accumulated in the last few expansions, and no lvl100 dailies (I remember back in BC when dialies were optional to progression, something you did on the side for cool mounts and shit).

No, you're not. I've bitched about that since TBC back when I was the token Pally add tank bitch that healed on every other fight and generally accrued respec costs at max. Oh and raiding TK as Ret for two weeks to try out having a seal bitch.

Now I play a DK and my third 90 was my old pally which I quit because I frankly didn't feel like farming 2 sets of gear because I knew I had no self control to keep him ret only.

Rime

<Donor>
The gear adjusting to your character spec is pretty much another nail in the coffin for 'pure' classes. Even discounting that it is only armor pieces and not trinkets/jewelery, it makes taking a class that can only DPS over a class that can fulfill multiple classes an even worse risk.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
The gear adjusting to your character spec is pretty much another nail in the coffin for 'pure' classes. Even discounting that it is only armor pieces and not trinkets/jewelery, it makes taking a class that can only DPS over a class that can fulfill multiple classes an even worse risk.
Not when those classes do considerably more damage.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
It's frustrating that it's obvious they will do whatever they want with the game but they don't use that freedom to actually do cool ass shit. WoD is just ehhh as shit so far.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
So I've been ganked about a dozen times in 30 minutes on BDF. Nothing but bored faggots cruising mount hyjal for noobs. I'm not putting up with that shit, so, does anyone have a PVE server guild somewhere I can hang in? Assuming I ever figure out what class to play.

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
Whisperwind Alliance, can give you money or whatever you need

edit: nvm you want to join a group so it changes your sever?

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm
I've got a guild on Cenarius, Horde side. It's low level though, not even 10 so not very many perks. It's literally just me and like, 3 other people and our alts, and neither of us have logged in in months.