World of Warcraft: Current Year

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
The gear adjusting to your character spec is pretty much another nail in the coffin for 'pure' classes. Even discounting that it is only armor pieces and not trinkets/jewelery, it makes taking a class that can only DPS over a class that can fulfill multiple classes an even worse risk.
Good point, well said. They will need to let pure classes do more damage without everyone else crying rivers of blood.

I remember in WOTLK being so pissed off as a Rogue when Warriors out damaged me AND fucking rolled on Leather. God damnit. I can only DPS, you can DPS and Tank, why are you doing more damage, and easily? While wearing plate and sometimes jacking my gear? FUCKERS.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Good point, well said. They will need to let pure classes do more damage without everyone else crying rivers of blood.

I remember in WOTLK being so pissed off as a Rogue when Warriors out damaged me AND fucking rolled on Leather. God damnit. I can only DPS, you can DPS and Tank, why are you doing more damage, and easily? While wearing plate and sometimes jacking my gear? FUCKERS.
If you had warriors rolling on leather then you were in a very bad build with very bad players.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Not at some points in WOTLK raiding. Armor Penetration was fucking idiotic before they nerfed it, and Warrior went a tier with next to no ArPen on Plate, so mongling Leather or Mail ArPen gear worked out for them.

Rime

<Donor>
I am not sure how I feel about them removing Hit, Expertise, Dodge, and Parry.

My biggest 'ugh' moment is their removal of the Reforging system. I love it. It can take a 'meh' piece of gear and make it worth using. Not to mention that in a tier like the one we are currently in, when ALL of the weapons (As well as every Tier piece and probably half of the other cloth drops) available to mages have Crit on them and ONLY Fire has ANY use for Crit, it makes gearing as the other two specs less bothersome.

Saban_sl

shitlord
I'll be happy to see Hit/Expertise go, along with having to reforge all my gear every time i get an upgrade to appease the AMR god.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Not at some points in WOTLK raiding. Armor Penetration was fucking idiotic before they nerfed it, and Warrior went a tier with next to no ArPen on Plate, so mongling Leather or Mail ArPen gear worked out for them.
Hahaha. I raided as a warrior in WoTLK and can vouch for this.

Cybsled

I am not sure how I feel about them removing Hit, Expertise, Dodge, and Parry.

My biggest 'ugh' moment is their removal of the Reforging system. I love it. It can take a 'meh' piece of gear and make it worth using. Not to mention that in a tier like the one we are currently in, when ALL of the weapons (As well as every Tier piece and probably half of the other cloth drops) available to mages have Crit on them and ONLY Fire has ANY use for Crit, it makes gearing as the other two specs less bothersome.
I'm pretty sure 90% of my reforge time was spent trying to make sure I stayed at hit/exp cap, but didn't exceed it (by much). They also aren't getting rid of dodge/parry totally, just as stats on gear. Bliz mentioned they want to move tanks towards more active mitigation (like monks), so I expect dodge/parry to be baked into the various tank abilities now. For instance, elusive brew for monks gives us a huge dodge bonus and we gain charges by getting critical hits. Shuffle (applied by using certain abilities) boosts our stagger and parry. I expect warriors/druids/dk/pallies will get something similar, at least so far as defensive abilities that require management and reward certain types of stat builds (crit/mastery/haste).

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Why is everyone bitching about this expansion? I was under the impression that a TBC revamp was every WoW player's wet dream? I'm really confused.

No, they should give "pure" classes offspec roles and drop that advantage nonsense.
Agreed, the last two times I came back to WoW, I first rerolled into Warrior, and then into Paladin. Having total versatility is just way too big of an advantage, both in terms of the amount of fun you have, and in gameplay experience/rate of progression. It's just too hard to resist, when you do roughly the same DPS as the pure classes, sometimes more. It's not like in old EQ where you were had a drawback to being a hybrid, and there were penalties. Now, even in Everquest, due to modern gaming convention changes, I feel like the hybrids dominate there too. At least they did two years ago or so. Pure classes need to do more dps, or everyone needs to be able to take on multiple roles. I could never fucking imagine going back to Rogue, when on my Paladin I can insta queue AND get a bonus for it, and pick up all the gear I need at the same time.

Needless

Toe Sucker
So you want a rogue to be able to what? other than do a substantial more amount of dps than a ret pally

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
They could rebalance the game towards also requiring crowd control for level-appropriate medium and hard content again and make the current "dps only" classes be the best at that. I'm sure some of them could be made tanky too.

Cybsled

CC isn't a bad idea, but you need to make sure a typical group makeup can actually have CC available. Raids yes, LFD no.