World of Warcraft: Current Year

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
At this point, the only thing I can ask from WoW is the demolition of the wall between horde and alliance. I have 5 horde characters and 6 alliance ones, one of each class basically, none of my old horde guild is still playing and my friends that still login are alliance-only players.

Keep everything as it is now, just let me group (and eventually guild) cross faction and I'll be happy.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
^ I doubt it happens but the storyline is increasingly dovetailing to where that seems logical.

I was ok with Sunsong and I'm cool with Garrisons. It's content I don't prefer but won't mind. It would've been cooler if they made the town also have a little Actraiser-ish feel (and maybe it will) with random scenarios where your garrison is attacked and you need 2-4 friends to fight it out.

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
What sucks is most mmos are still being made with hard coded factions. WoW dropping them might make the next batch of copy cats take notice but its still so far off it doesn't matter.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
^ I doubt it happens but the storyline is increasingly dovetailing to where that seems logical.

I was ok with Sunsong and I'm cool with Garrisons. It's content I don't prefer but won't mind. It would've been cooler if they made the town also have a little Actraiser-ish feel (and maybe it will) with random scenarios where your garrison is attacked and you need 2-4 friends to fight it out.
That is exactly what I am hoping Blizz will do with the Garrisons, make them feel more apart of the world....I mean, they are garrisons, why not let them be attacked?

Caeden

I actually think the two faction system works well for WoW (and would continue to if Blizz had the right priorities during realm connections), but I do not understand why every game needs to shoehorn it in. Warcraft was always Orcs vs Humans. Rift didn't have to be. Fuck, it didn't even fit very well at all. Warhammer? Made sense. Star Wars? Meh. Better depth in that one because of the gray area characters if you didn't have hard factions. GW2 understood this at least.

Saban_sl

shitlord
Any pet battlers around got some tips for how you level your roster in a manner that isnt terrible slow and boring? Flying around some zones trying to find shit to battle seems extremely boring.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Any pet battlers around got some tips for how you level your roster in a manner that isnt terrible slow and boring? Flying around some zones trying to find shit to battle seems extremely boring.
Here's what I do to level my pets, but you need to have already a few level 25 pets to make it easy. I try to do everyday the same round of trainers (Deadwind Pass, Winterspring, Valley of Four Winds, Vale of Eternal Blossoms and Kun Lai Summit). Why those? Because they all give the bag of supplies and they are the easiest and quickest to destroy while leveling a pet.

What I'd recommend is pick a pet that is low level (1 to 10) and use that one as the first pet on the Deadwind Pass and Winterspring chicks, then switch to the main 25 pet and destroy the rest of their teams. If you're wearing your safari hat, a single trainer levels your pet from 1 to 8. You can do the second trainer with the same pet to get it to 11. After that you go do the 3 Pandaria trainers I mentionned, tactics below in spoiler, and you can get that level 11 pet to 22-23 with just those 3). After that you can either do another trainer to get 25 or just kill a few random critters to get to 25 and be done with it.

This is what I recommend to utterly destroy the 3 MoP trainers above. They always use the same pattern of attacks, so it's rather easy to predict. That said, misses and crits can and will rarely fuck you up. In those cases, just heal up and retry.

Valley of Four Winds : she uses Sunflower (which actually attacks now since 5.4), Turnip and some self-healing Grub.

Your ideal team : Sea Pony (or other pet with Cleansing Rain, Pump and Tidal Wave), your noob pet to level (not under level 5 because Sunflower's AoE will kill it unless it's mechanical and can resurrect) and a Mech (I use Mini Thor but there are alternatives).

Sunflower

Turn 1 : Cleansing Rain (removes Sunlight weather that would double the damage of next turn for Sunflower)
Turn 2 : Pump (prepare)
Turn 3 : Pump (attack)
Turn 4 : Pump (prepare)
Turn 5 : Pump (attack)
*Sunflower dies, earlier if crits*

Turnip

Turn 1 : Tidal Wave (removes all the Turnip adds)
Turn 2 : Cleansing Rain (to heal up your team)
Turn 3 : Pump (prepare) - Turnip resurfaces
Turn 4 : Pump (attack)
Turn 5 : Pump (prepare)
Turn 6 : Pump (attack)
*Turnip dies, switch to noob pet*

Grub

Turn 1 : attack with noob pet
Turn 2 : switch to Mech
Turn 3 : destroy Grub (I use Sticky Grenade (because it hits even when Grub is burrowed) then Toxic Gas but any Mech can really destroy beasts.
*Grub dies, you win*

Kun-Lai Summit trainer : he uses some bird, a very fast rabbit and a goat. You want to use a 25 Nordrassil Wisp, your noob pet and a Mech (Thor works well again).

Bird

Turn 1 : Use Blind from Wisp
Turn 2 : Use your AoE (forget the name, bird will be up in the air but it hits back pets)
Turn 3 : Use your light attack for double damage since bird is still blind
Turn 4 : Use your AoE
Turn 5 : Use blind again
Turn 6 : Use your AoE
Turn 7 : Use your light attack again for double damage
*Bird dies*

Rabbit
There is no perfect counter for the rabbit in this setup so finish your Wisp on rabbit but you'll probably die after the Burrow unless it misses you. When you die, swap to your noob pet and try to attack rabbit then swap to your Mech and finish it.

Goat

Again no particular tactic, just destroy it since it's a beast and you're a mech.

And finally against the Vale trainer, I'd recommend using an Anubisath Idol, your noob pet and a Moth (I use Amber Moth but any moth is good).

Use your noob pet right away against the cricket (it does little damage), then swap to your Anubisath and use Sandstorm to become completely immune to the cricket damage. Just spam your first ability on cricket (the one that hits hard against dragons, Crush I believe). Once the cricket dies, you can use that against the dragonkin pet. Your Anubisath may or may not survive against dragon. If it dies at the end, use your moth to finish dragon and then go on to the aquatic pet that will easy die to the moth. The only way to really lose is if you get unlucky with misses (moth dust and alpha strike are very good though, and time your cocoon strike with the dive of the otter pet).

No real tactics for the Deadwind Pass and Winterspring trainers because they're only level 19, so you can use pretty much any level 25 pets to own their entire team.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I'm sure there will be plenty of quests that involve your garrison under siege. But you won't log off and come back to a smoking ruin the next day.

A nice thing is this changes the narrative. Instead of a sword for hire that collects bear asses for a handful of coins, you're a lord that is looking to gain land, power and influence. It's worked out well in a lot of games - Dragon Age DLC, NWN, hell even Assassin's Creed.

Also, since your garrison is on Draenor, they can change up the system completely for the next expansion, wherever it may be. Instead of a garrison, you have a hold, a keep, a castle, and so on.

Hopefully they learned not to make it into the daily chore that the farm was. The bigger your farm got, the more shit you had to do yourself - it should have been the other way around.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Yeah they really should have implemented some kind of farmhand you can hire for a measly sum to do your stuff. Once you have several alts that all need to plant some crops everyday for materials, squashing bunnies starts becoming tedious.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I find it odd how manic Blizzard comes off as when people complain about the Time Travel aspect of this expansion. They immediately yell "ITS NOT TIME TRAVEL!!!" while foaming at the mouth and emphasizing that this is just your player experiencing Draenor at the height of its power.

Is this some knee jerk fear of China's time travel ban in entertainment? If so then just fess up to it or do something to not sound like yer a bunch of raving lunatics when your consumers point out that having a planet that was blown up suddenly appear all fixed as if nothing had happened = time travel.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I find it odd how manic Blizzard comes off as when people complain about the Time Travel aspect of this expansion. They immediately yell "ITS NOT TIME TRAVEL!!!" while foaming at the mouth and emphasizing that this is just your player experiencing Draenor at the height of its power.

Is this some knee jerk fear of China's time travel ban in entertainment? If so then just fess up to it or do something to not sound like yer a bunch of raving lunatics when your consumers point out that having a planet that was blown up suddenly appear all fixed as if nothing had happened = time travel.
Its an alternative universe created by 1 person going back in time and altering some shit. Think Back to the Future 2. So the players arent travelling in time, they will be dealing with consequences of a divergent time line. The story line is written by a fucking 5 year old.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
I've never heard about China's reaction to time travel stuff (not saying it's not true, but first time I hear about that), but from what I saw at Blizzcon, their reaction was more like exasperation because players keep saying "So we're going back into the past" when really, you aren't. The only person that went into the past was Garrosh (and Kairozdormu) but the Draenor we are going to see in the expansion is not in the past anymore, because the Dark Portal from there links to our Dark Portal in the present, here and now. When you step through the Dark Portal you're going into a past version of Draenor that is threatening present Azeroth so it's not just "time travel". It's more like Star Trek reboot, except it's Garrosh instead of Eric Bana.

Caeden

Runnen has about the best explanation I've seen. After "There must always be a Lich King..." and "Merely a setback...." and space goats...this...THIS is where we draw the line? Still a better story than the Star Wars prequels. To me it was like that episode of The Next Generation where Worf passes through a trans dimensional rip and at the end all infinity of the parallel universes' Enterprises start showing up.

This is the Draenor of the past of the parallel universe of current Azeroth. It's actually a clever ploy using some hand waving based on current theoretical physics that suggests that there are parallel universes.

A shame nobody at Blizzard thought to explain it that way with an Intro on the movie from Nozdormu

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Yep. But Garrosh + Space Goats + Wobbly Wibbly Timey Wimey = enough hate to give the Sha of Hate a boner. People looove to get mad on the internets. And then they get in line to buy it anyway.

Caeden

Seriously, though. Start the movie with Nozdormu talking about time and parallel universes like some time-god that he is and play up the "omg bronze dragonflight traitor using garrosh as a patsy" line and those nerds would be sucking their cocks.

elvis_sl

shitlord
but you already battled his corrupted future self in the End of Time instance, so we know already that he will get his powers back at some point..