World of Warcraft: Current Year

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I havent dealt with much LFD, but cant you add a [CC] as another thing to queue as? In the example we're talking about the dps classes would get the primary cc function so it shouldnt cause more waiting. Depending on the type of CC given out to reduce the "only dps" syndrome you wouldnt even need to make it a check-box, if every dps class had some cc then queuing as dps includes the job to deal with some adds. Unless you object to the notion of requiring CC in LFD in general because player skill would be an issue.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Im fine with adding more CC to Trash mobs, but only if they lessen the amount of Trash in each dungeon because of it. I cant speak for everyone, but Im sure Im not alone in that. I dont want to be clearing Trash for 15 minutes, just to do one boss. Its a fine line.

As for Pure DPS being the only ones with CC? What are the players going to do when they run into a full group of Druids, Warriors, Monks and Paladins? Lower DPS is fine, but with no solid CC are they going to be able to clear the same content? If so.. now arent we just back to the same point we are now? Kind of defeats the purpose of requiring that some classes have CC, and others dont. At least this is what Im thinking?...

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
I dont want to be clearing Trash for 15 minutes, just to do one boss. Its a fine line.
Seriously, 15 minutes of trash for one boss is not that big a deal. Otherwise its just World of Bosses. Part of the game is the little bit of work it takes to get to the boss. I mean c'mon, everything else is pretty much handed to us. We know the full encounter strategy before ever entering into the room the first time. We've been teleported to the freaking instance. How much easier should they make this for us?

Daidraco

Seriously, 15 minutes of trash for one boss is not that big a deal. Otherwise its just World of Bosses. Part of the game is the little bit of work it takes to get to the boss. I mean c'mon, everything else is pretty much handed to us. We know the full encounter strategy before ever entering into the room the first time. We've been teleported to the freaking instance. How much easier should they make this for us?
Thats why I said it was a fine line. Take your average instance for example. Four bosses. 15 minutes of Trash clearing for each of those bosses. Thats an idiotic time sink. Fifteen minutes, twenty minutes to break into a zone though? I see that as legitimate and believable. For example, most guilds had a hard time breaking into Fear or ToV for example. Thats believable from an immersion stand point. Using CC to help break into a raid zone sounds legit. Clearing to the first boss in an instance and still have 45 minutes worth of trash that never came to the rescue of the first boss in the zone seems a little... unbelievable?

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Im fine with adding more CC to Trash mobs, but only if they lessen the amount of Trash in each dungeon because of it. I cant speak for everyone, but Im sure Im not alone in that. I dont want to be clearing Trash for 15 minutes, just to do one boss. Its a fine line.

As for Pure DPS being the only ones with CC? What are the players going to do when they run into a full group of Druids, Warriors, Monks and Paladins? Lower DPS is fine, but with no solid CC are they going to be able to clear the same content? If so.. now arent we just back to the same point we are now? Kind of defeats the purpose of requiring that some classes have CC, and others dont. At least this is what Im thinking?...
Well, make it so pure DPS have the best CC/can CC the most/Only ones able to CC indefinitely. That way, a warrior could stun a mob for 1/3 the fight, or a druid could root, or a monk could continually knockback. Where as a rogue can just sap or a mage can polymorph or a warlock can banish. That kinda balance. Give the "pure DPS" classes a stronger CC, as opposed to being the only ones with CC. As far as LFD? Make it so it has a heavy emphasis on putting a "pure CC" class into the mix.

With this, you could do things like bringing back a true trinity, imho.
Basically, you would allow the current pure's to queue as CC/Support (think old enchanters); could even rework talent trees for the pures to have one tree/spec to be heavy CC/aDPS focused. Survival for hunters would switch to trap CC/Debuffs, Affliction or Demo for locks would switch to adding SP for spells, and lifesteal for both, while focusing on CC. Arcane for Mages would greatly increase spell crit and give large melee procs all while adding CC. Rogues would be able to share some nice poisons off of one of their trees and have the biggest CC focus; Maybe give them some weird lore where they increase resource regeneration?. Am I missing any?

Then the game would have 4 queue methods; Tank, Healer, CC/Support, and DPS. The groups would take 1 of each, with 2 DPS.

Brash_sl

shitlord
Can someone send me a Scroll of Resurrection? I just got my very old account unbanned. Getting back into this. PM me please. (think i got this done. thanks)(thx for advice Daidraco)

Daidraco

Can someone send me a Scroll of Resurrection? I just got my very old account unbanned. Getting back into this. PM me please.
You can do that, or do a 10 MoP trial - see if you're really going to play it. If you think you will, then just trade gold for a time card. Not that hard.
smile.png

Cybsled

With this, you could do things like bringing back a true trinity, imho.
Basically, you would allow the current pure's to queue as CC/Support (think old enchanters); could even rework talent trees for the pures to have one tree/spec to be heavy CC/aDPS focused. Survival for hunters would switch to trap CC/Debuffs, Affliction or Demo for locks would switch to adding SP for spells, and lifesteal for both, while focusing on CC. Arcane for Mages would greatly increase spell crit and give large melee procs all while adding CC. Rogues would be able to share some nice poisons off of one of their trees and have the biggest CC focus; Maybe give them some weird lore where they increase resource regeneration?. Am I missing any?

Then the game would have 4 queue methods; Tank, Healer, CC/Support, and DPS. The groups would take 1 of each, with 2 DPS.
You clearly don't queue as a DPS. Shit like that is fine for pre-mades doing challenge modes (in fact, that IS how challenge modes are right now...you do need CC for many of them), but random match making PUG stuff needs to not go that route.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
The funny part is, even as wow player watching that arena shit isn't much different to me than what he's describing.

Ryoz

<Donor>
I can't believe Sodah is still doing competitive arenas. I remember that name from back in '07 or so when I actually gave a shit about it.

kudos

<Banned>
I can't believe Sodah is still doing competitive arenas. I remember that name from back in '07 or so when I actually gave a shit about it.
Do people still take WoW PVP seriously?

I mean I know I'm implying it was to be taken serious in the first place. But it seems that now it would just be lulz worthy.

Jazser_sl

shitlord
I logged on today with the intention of upgrading my mount which has basically been a bronze drake forever and I only recently started messing around with MoP. Never paid a lot of attention to mounts. Anyway I decided to solo the Vortex Pinnacle - first time and the Reins of the Drake of the North Wind drop. I've got a nice new drake, very happy with my luck as it's less than a 1% drop rate. So I decide - why not go try Onxyia solo. First attempt I die stupidly. Second attempt, downed her - and the Onyxia Reins drop along with Gleaming Qel;'serrar. What are the odds of all of that happening? Thinking of buying a lottery ticket...

moontayle

Golden Squire
I logged on today with the intention of upgrading my mount which has basically been a bronze drake forever and I only recently started messing around with MoP. Never paid a lot of attention to mounts. Anyway I decided to solo the Vortex Pinnacle - first time and the Reins of the Drake of the North Wind drop. I've got a nice new drake, very happy with my luck as it's less than a 1% drop rate. So I decide - why not go try Onxyia solo. First attempt I die stupidly. Second attempt, downed her - and the Onyxia Reins drop along with Gleaming Qel;'serrar. What are the odds of all of that happening? Thinking of buying a lottery ticket...
The amount of internet hate I feel for you right now is immeasurable.

kudos

<Banned>
Got the rock formation drake the first time I ran the 5 man instance during Cata. Got instantly kicked from LFG right after I won too.

Now Wakandanz be mirin in stormwind ~

Needless

Toe Sucker

I am 100% all for actually using CC again.. but im not for needing CC, AND having a shit load of trash.. screw that.