World of Warcraft: Current Year

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Id race change if any of the cool options could be monk.

Still salty about that goblin monk in my order hall mocking me.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So are order halls going to remain important in bfa? Or dumpster that shit like garrisons?

Grandmaster? Yeah fuck it we are closing shop.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
You can still operate the Order Halls from the app, so its a convenience to mess around with. OR can still buy some minor things.

Rime

<Donor>
Only reason to do the Order Halls, going forward, is if you are trying to get all of the Legion Legendaries (Essence Missions), trying to clean up some Legion-era achievements, or the Class questlines. They neutered them even harder than they did the WoD garrisons (still useful due to Herbs/Ores/Bloods/Tailoring).

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Only reason to do the Order Halls, going forward, is if you are trying to get all of the Legion Legendaries (Essence Missions), trying to clean up some Legion-era achievements, or the Class questlines. They neutered them even harder than they did the WoD garrisons (still useful due to Herbs/Ores/Bloods/Tailoring).

Still good for legion rep items which can get you paragon loot crates for chances at mounts so still worth doing if you don't already have the full set.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Still good for legion rep items which can get you paragon loot crates for chances at mounts so still worth doing if you don't already have the full set.
Or, you know, if you haven't received a single one from the dozens upon dozens of Paragon rewards you've opened. Because RNG sez fuck off, that's why.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Yea, I managed to snag finally the toy from the Wardens 1 week before 8.0... was very, very happy not to have any faction to do anymore.

But outside of the legendaries xmogs, there's no reason whatsoever for class hall missions come Aug 14. At least the WoD class halls give you free archeology items every 2 weeks (which you promptly pack into crates to trade for the last pristines from pandaland).

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Nope WOW writing is easily the worst in the industry. GW2 doesn't even come close to how bad these dipshits are. Space Cows, Alternate time lines, retcons galore. I'm assuming the writers just write out REEEEEEEEEEE on a blank piece of paper with the tone set in brackets and it is deciphered from there.

I’m not denying it’s bad. But GW2 is written for 2nd graders. “Let’s fight the green dragon thing with the power of hugs and friendship from my Hugglator 3000” - gnome/goblin/thing

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yea, I managed to snag finally the toy from the Wardens 1 week before 8.0... was very, very happy not to have any faction to do anymore.

But outside of the legendaries xmogs, there's no reason whatsoever for class hall missions come Aug 14. At least the WoD class halls give you free archeology items every 2 weeks (which you promptly pack into crates to trade for the last pristines from pandaland).

Yup unless you have a massive hardon for one of the specific paragon mounts once BFA is fully released there is no reason to go back to the legion one.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I’m not denying it’s bad. But GW2 is written for 2nd graders. “Let’s fight the green dragon thing with the power of hugs and friendship from my Hugglator 3000” - gnome/goblin/thing

Well to be fair in GW2 every time they kill a big bad it just makes all the other slumbering big bads that much bigger and badder and gives them a solid kick in the ass towards waking up. That is why they are trying to do the power of hugs and friendship because every time they kill one of the massive threats shit just gets worse and worse. It basically is why their gods left they could not risk engaging any of the dragons because if they died the dragons got stronger and if they won the other dragons got stronger.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
That's answered in the Mag'har Orcs recruitment. Supposedly Grommash leads them and they're up against a jihadist light faction of Draenei who's converting orcs to their faith. Apparently Durotan was killed too.

Is that the Lightforged Draenei or different Draenei?

Also, anyone complaining about WoW writing has not played GW2...that shit is fucking juvenile. Scooby Doo has more adult writing.

I don't follow. So because another MMO has worse writing, we shouldn't complain about WoW's writing? Does not compute. And peeps, just because WoW writing hasn't ever really been great, doesn't mean we can't bitch and hope for better. WC1/2/3 writing was fantastic, and that is the foundation of WoW. So the desire for good writing is still there.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Okay so the new Demo Lock is ridiculously satisfying to play. Think maybe I'll go Demo over Rogue in BfA.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Also, the leveling changes are huge. Way, way better. About 25-35 minutes per level when questing and you get like a whole level or more in dungeons now when doing the random dungeon queue. Much, much better than it was. Almost back to pre 7.3.5

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users