World of Warcraft: Current Year

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Also, the leveling changes are huge. Way, way better. About 25-35 minutes per level when questing and you get like a whole level or more in dungeons now when doing the random dungeon queue. Much, much better than it was. Almost back to pre 7.3.5
Good to hear. Been thinking about levelling something.

Also since I started to think about race changing I can't decide between orc, troll, or undead. Maybe undead

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
It depends on what you're playing. Typically if its a pet class, go with orc since they get a bonus for that.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Blizzard has terrible writing on multiple levels.

Most bosses in dungeons or even in outside quest show up in a random floating bar at the bottom of the screen saying "You'll never defeat minion 1" then "No matter, minion 2 will destroy you" then "I'll kill you myself!" then "Your victory is meaningless, more will take my place".

They did this in Diablo 3 and everyone hated it, so why are they doing it still? Bosses don't actually need to give you status updates, usually in vanilla they just did a /yell when you did one important thing on the road to them.

Dimensional teleporting castles make sense since the universe is all about interdimensional gateways, everyone complained in Burning Crusade that Tempest Keep/Exodar was a bit much though, instead of toning it down they just made the Legion have literal space ships. What the fuck.

They do have some good writing in places though. I'm enjoying the Suramar stuff even though it's hard to complete when Broken Shore/Argus have better rewards and they are literally handing out free gear better than anything else in fucking Darkshore. Why are you giving everyone such good gear to start BFA with when the game is going to be designed around newbies wearing shitty gear anyway - it's unnessesary.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It depends on what you're playing. Typically if its a pet class, go with orc since they get a bonus for that.
I am a forever monk now

My guild actually strongly suggested that I don't change to anything else.. >_>

Chris Chris they're giving out good gear in Darkshore because it gives a good reason for people to be there and populate the area, maybe even using the Warmode feature. Right now they want people playing and doing the new content.

And I mean.. not for nothing, but the Suramar rewards were all put in almost two years ago at this point. Argus is the most recent before Darkshore.

Malkav

French Madman
I really loved the story in Suramar back then. It was actually pretty good story telling.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I am a forever monk now

My guild actually strongly suggested that I don't change to anything else.. >_>

Monk is kind of funky, you're swapping race because of the blood elf nerfs I'm guessing?

Forsaken = fear resist + shadow resist + minor leech
Orc = stun reduction + berserk
Troll = regen + snare reduction + berserk

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Monk is kind of funky, you're swapping race because of the blood elf nerfs I'm guessing?

Forsaken = fear resist + shadow resist + minor leech
Orc = stun reduction + berserk
Troll = regen + snare reduction + berserk
Honestly I'm just kind of tired of looking at my blood elf. I don't really care about racials too much.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Honestly I'm just kind of tired of looking at my blood elf. I don't really care about racials too much.

Well, some of the racials are awesome. Male Forsaken get the "metal" dance I guess.

Most of the animations are the same across them, its a matter of looks. You can do the trial setup too don't forget, and play a pre-made monk. It only does WW though as part of a training scenario first.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Everyone knows Human is the best race because it reduces the amount of your life you have to waste grinding Reputations. Unfortunately, it makes you alliance, which increases the amount of your life you have to waste looking for not-knuckle-dragging raids/pvp-groups.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
One thing i hated about being a female BE paladin is that the weapon model scaling was such ass. Felt like I was holding a toothpick sometimes vs most other races having this ass beating look of a 2h.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Well, some of the racials are awesome. Male Forsaken get the "metal" dance I guess.

Most of the animations are the same across them, its a matter of looks. You can do the trial setup too don't forget, and play a pre-made monk. It only does WW though as part of a training scenario first.
Yeah, and I still miss the falling damage reduction of my panda. I guess I could also look pretty ridiculous as a tauren

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yeah, and I still miss the falling damage reduction of my panda. I guess I could also look pretty ridiculous as a tauren

If you do, go Highmountain Tauren.

Highmountain Tauren Racials:

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
I'm still pissy that 0 of the new races can be a DK. I've been a cow since Wrath, let me be something neeeeewwwwww.