World of Warcraft: Current Year

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
Also, you have to get the Anubisith Idol. It is the single most used pet for pet battles prior to Legion and is probably the best all around pet in the game.
I did the undead val'lry - Abubisith idol - and that yeti I can't remember the exact name of for my pvp team. This is around MoP/WoD though

Jox

Molten Core Raider
I unlocked siege and then haven't done any more wq, neck is at 17. Grinding for an extra 1-2 ranks on your neck by the time raids hit isn't nearly as important as unlocking another gold trait at the start of Legion.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I unlocked siege and then haven't done any more wq, neck is at 17. Grinding for an extra 1-2 ranks on your neck by the time raids hit isn't nearly as important as unlocking another gold trait at the start of Legion.

You say this as if unlocking the 2nd and third traits on your azerite armor is not a big deal. It is.

That being said, I see no point in grinding it now either since once M+ releases your time will be much better spent grinding it then, especially since it should start taking less and less azerite to level it.

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
It really is a big deal, if you don't have the first two traits unlocked on raid gear you are basically locked out of upgrading your azerite armor slots, because the increase in stats probably won't make up for losing the traits.

Its going to be an interesting feeling getting an item from a raid that has yet to develop into an upgrade.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Also, you have to get the Anubisith Idol. It is the single most used pet for pet battles prior to Legion and is probably the best all around pet in the game.

This is very true. It's really useful for a variety of purposes.

Ikky is another great and very easy to get one. It comes from a quest chain in WoD. Ikky has the amazing black claw + flock combo that will obliterate most NPC pets.

If you're just starting out, do missions and collect pet charms so you can boost up a couple level 25s. Leveling an initial team isn't hard but it's tedious.

With those two at 25, you would be able to do a great number of WQs and older pet battles (like in Pandaria). Then you just swap in a low level pet as you do them and let him soak the experience to keep leveling up more.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I use spiky lizard for leveling pets a lot. It has very quick animations for its attacks and when you kill something using one of its abilities it heals itself. Can chain pull pretty quick

The darkmoon blimp is nice for training others because one of its abilities is a block two hits ability. Generally you can plop that out swap to the pet in training and then get a hit and then swap back so the pet you are training never is in danger. That and mechanical pets demolish beasts which are really common encounters. Having a good blow shit up pet is handy too when trying to do the WQ and trainers.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The core hound mount you get for attaining Dark Iron dwarves is comically small next to my corehound pet.

• 1Like

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Does FF14 have dailies?
Yes, but the rewards are generally cosmetic. There are a couple of exceptions (the Namazu dailies offer Stormsap for crafters), but in general the reputation rewards are glamour/transmog. gear, minions/battle pets, and mounts.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Man, I really need a tall boy. Who wants to donate 5M gold to me in exchange for super donor status?

Haha I want one of those as well. Sigh oh well I thought I would never get the yak and I wound up buying it with pocket change so I figure I will just save up my pennies and see if I can't pick it up sooner or later.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
At current token prices that thing has to be like $750

I think those prices will bounce back up once the money spigots get turned all the way back on as the expansion progresses. The money from order hall stuff was like what we are seeing at the start of BFA but by the end you were getting like 2-4k per. I fully expect to see that again.

• 1Like

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think those prices will bounce back up once the money spigots get turned all the way back on as the expansion progresses. The money from order hall stuff was like what we are seeing at the start of BFA but by the end you were getting like 2-4k per. I fully expect to see that again.

Mission gold is way down. I haven’t seen a mission for much over 100g. We were in the 1000g minimum range for 110 missions at Legion start. Gold income hasn’t been this low since MoP.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Whoever thought of the WQ when you have to accumulate 60 coins needs to be hung by their balls. Worst WQ in BFA. It takes forever to finish the damn WQ. The mounds don't refresh fast enough and your stuck either getting 1 or 2 coins per mound. You're running around clicking the mounds and avoiding those rock monsters or the large elite one. Then you have to worry about the opposing faction ganking you too. It's not worth doing to be honest and such a huge clusterfuck.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Whoever thought of the WQ when you have to accumulate 60 coins needs to be hung by their balls. Worst WQ in BFA. It takes forever to finish the damn WQ. The mounds don't refresh fast enough and your stuck either getting 1 or 2 coins per mound. You're running around clicking the mounds and avoiding those rock monsters or the large elite one. Then you have to worry about the opposing faction ganking you too. It's not worth doing to be honest and such a huge clusterfuck.
I did it for the first time today so maybe I got lucky, but I didn't have any problems getting 10-18 coins per mound.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Molten Core Raider
you can round around inside the quest circle spamming the quest action button thingy and get multiple per area. Took us 3 areas and about 3 mins

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Mission gold is way down. I haven’t seen a mission for much over 100g. We were in the 1000g minimum range for 110 missions at Legion start. Gold income hasn’t been this low since MoP.

I'm pretty sure missions were only giving like 200g at Legion start.

• 1Solidarity