World of Warcraft: Current Year

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Been sick as all fuck all day, but got on and powered through the last of my rep and now I can't decide if warrior or shaman. I like fury.. but I only like fury, the other 2 specs can fuck themselves.

Also kind of weird they got rid of paragon rep for bags. I now have near no reason to do these wqs for honorbound aside from like ap rewards

Really agree with this. Was disappointed when I hit Exalted Honorbound and didn't see any paragon bags. I actually enjoyed some of these WQs for the PVP that happened but not much value in going at this point.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Paragon bag would definitely make doing the other continent for that sweet sweet 200 total contract rep feel less shitty

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Man this server I am buying cheap battle pets on is so bizarre. You can get 101 BoE epics with really badass appearances for transmog for 500 gold. Like this one guy has hundreds of BoE 101 epics for <1k. Stuff like Welded Hardskin Helmet or Gorrog's Serene Gaze or Cyno's Mantle of Sin or Fists of Thane Kray-Tan or Treia's Handcrafted Shroud. The list goes on. If it's a 101/110 BoE epic, there are dozens on the Ah for under 1k lol.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
200 pet charms isn't that crazy to get, especially if you've had some on your mission board and have been able to bonus them. There was also roughly ~70 you could get through normal questing and looting of specific treasure locations. Certain days every battle pet WQ gave the charms as well, and if you knew about the level 1 scaling early on, very easy to beat every single one.

I recently swapped my contract from CoA to Tortollan trying to catch up the rep I missed out on not being 120 the first night (although I'm going to switch back now as 8600/12k with them being an emissary and 3 more days of their WQ should hit revered without contract), but my CoA is already 6,225 into revered using their contract for all but the last 2 days or so, and getting a good amount of their rep missions on my board.

Basically someone could easily have those pets without exploiting. Multiple ones might be pushing it, but again no idea what missions people were getting on their mission board. Bonus on one of those and you're getting 30 of the charms at once. Also not sure how far back revered for Champions would have been. It was a couple of days ago for me at least.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
200 pet charms isn't that crazy to get, especially if you've had some on your mission board and have been able to bonus them. There was also roughly ~70 you could get through normal questing and looting of specific treasure locations. Certain days every battle pet WQ gave the charms as well, and if you knew about the level 1 scaling early on, very easy to beat every single one.

I recently swapped my contract from CoA to Tortollan trying to catch up the rep I missed out on not being 120 the first night (although I'm going to switch back now as 8600/12k with them being an emissary and 3 more days of their WQ should hit revered without contract), but my CoA is already 6,225 into revered using their contract for all but the last 2 days or so, and getting a good amount of their rep missions on my board.

Basically someone could easily have those pets without exploiting. Multiple ones might be pushing it, but again no idea what missions people were getting on their mission board. Bonus on one of those and you're getting 30 of the charms at once. Also not sure how far back revered for Champions would have been. It was a couple of days ago for me at least.

This was a week ago though. I guess if they level'd multiple characters on the same account to 120? Because you can mail the charms to your other characters. 200 charms is a lot. And anyways, this was Revered Champions of Azeroth a week ago, so definitely a no regardless of the charms. Beating the trainers isn't the issue at all though, they made them super gimped easy.

Sure made me a pretty penny though.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So I mostly play late at night and Alliance have been camping the docks in Zuldazar (where our Boat missions are) every night in a raid of about 10-15 or so just sitting there killing people as they come down.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
So I mostly play late at night and Alliance have been camping the docks in Zuldazar (where our Boat missions are) every night in a raid of about 10-15 or so just sitting there killing people as they come down.

Honestly if you're 120 I would just turn off War Mode. I'm Alliance and there are packs of Horde camping every single WQ boss too. Unless you are rolling around in a group it is not worth the bonus anymore.

• 1Like

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Honestly if you're 120 I would just turn off War Mode. I'm Alliance and there are packs of Horde camping every single WQ boss too. Unless you are rolling around in a group it is not worth the bonus anymore.
I did that with my DK cause I don't see any reason to keep it on. Some WQs have you 10% extra bonus for completing them in war mode but other than that why bother? Now granted some WM PvP abilities are pretty nice like the BM dire eagle which is great for AoE with and dire basilisks for single target damage for WQs. But sadly they can't be used in dunegons or raids.

colossalFISH

Silver Knight of the Realm
Wtf happened with Stormsong Valley? First half or so of it was great, but the next half of it was shit tier. It was like being timewarped back 10 years for a huge chunk of it with the design.

• 1Solidarity

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
What is the plan for the FoH forum guild this expansion? My Alliance crew decided to go casual going forward, and to be honest that works for me with my general schedule. Still, I start an expansion and the idea of not trying some Mythic raids at the beginning really gets to me.

If you guys are going to do some "casual mythic" for sure I'd think about transferring over one of my tunes. Anyway, let me know.

Cheers.
As has been mentioned, we are not planning to do any Mythic raids as a guild this time around. Most of those who are interested have left and gone elsewhere at this point.

• 1Repost
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Whoever thought of the WQ when you have to accumulate 60 coins needs to be hung by their balls. Worst WQ in BFA. It takes forever to finish the damn WQ. The mounds don't refresh fast enough and your stuck either getting 1 or 2 coins per mound. You're running around clicking the mounds and avoiding those rock monsters or the large elite one. Then you have to worry about the opposing faction ganking you too. It's not worth doing to be honest and such a huge clusterfuck.
The gold coins aren't on the mounds with the signs. They're the sparkle spots around the mound. If you use the magnet on a spot rather than the mound, you get 4-7 coins.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Did 3 mythics this morning and got 3 sets of fucking pants.

Mad salt.

• 2Salty
Reactions: 1 users

wanand

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Still cannot decide what I want to play got my 3rd charecter to 120 now, I know I want player but Priest and Paladin I got bored with so trying Monk now

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I have a feeling they will add Paragon bags in a later patch. It would be a very strange thing to introduce for Legion just to never put them in again since I think most people found the Paragon rep a worthwhile little bonus system.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
The bags were fine except putting mounts in them. Fuck RNG loot bags that give you a small chance at something for several days' worth of WQ's.

I'd much rather have the coliseum method of daily rewards, where there's a lot of shit to choose from and you know exactly how much work you need to put in to get what you want.

• 1Like

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Paragon was indeed a nice little bonus as there was precious else to do once you had 'finished' the reps involved. Chances are you were sitting on a giant mound of Class Hall resources and didn't really need anything the WQs could offer...yet they provided some entertaining background noise.

I'm actually a little surprised at the lack of a Suramar-equivalent in BfA. Moreso than the WQs themselves the constant slow progression of abilities and storyline as we helped the rebels and 'saved' Suramar was a great chunk of end-game content, especially for non-raiding types. Because of that quest sequence I felt much more involved with Suramar than I did with most any other faction equivalent in the game to date... made it extra salty when that skank decided to go Horde after spending so much time saving her and her entire race from extinction.**

** As a consequence when we get the Nightborne as the opposing team in Island Expeditions I thoroughly enjoy slaughtering them.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

velk

Trakanon Raider
Wtf happened with Stormsong Valley? First half or so of it was great, but the next half of it was shit tier. It was like being timewarped back 10 years for a huge chunk of it with the design.

They ran out of time and half-assed all the missing stuff. They did the horde zones first, and it shows.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Hit 344 last night, 3rd ilvl Monk on my rinky dink server (with my neck lagging seriously behind at 16). I guess I'm going to run all the M0 today, but kind of pointless. I guess I can hunt for better secondaries. I've been getting crazy lucky with WQ and dungeon drops titanforging to 350/355.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I do get the general impression that they really were lacking a coherent vision for the Kul Tiras half of the expansion.

Drustvar is nice and atmospheric and the whole Drust plotline is a good take on gothic horror mixed with some Game of Thrones type ancient misdeeds but it is otherwise completely unconnected to the rest of Kul Tiras.

Tiragarde is nominally about Lady Ashvane yet she really doesn't appear in it at all and half the zone is spent on extensive Pirate fantasies and the other half with some sort of class warfare labor union / downton abbey pastiche.

Stormsong is set up like a Lovecraftian mystery, but the ambiance is all wrong and then it misfires on several points. Then just when you think you are getting to the point of understanding what happened to the Kul Tiran Fleet (which is the whole plot of the zone) you run into a random Horde attack and then a quasi-random Naga attack and it all kinda goes south from there.

Two of the primary plot elements of the whole opening act of the expansion are the Kul Tiran Fleet and Lady Ashvane's rebellion and both are largely ignored until the PVE campaign is over and you have the Siege of Boralus which has a Deux Ex Machina ending that sets up Jaina as a real faction leader and closes out both plotlines.

In fact the Siege of Boralus makes no fucking sense since the cinematic shows Jaina going super saiyan before Ashvane even gets to the harbor whereas in the Siege itself you are fighting from building to building and the whole city is in flames. At the end we get the cinematic and then... everything is back to the way it was. No damage whatsoever... no nothing.

During the Siege zone itself I was actually thinking 'wow... no wonder Boralus seemed so half-assed, we blow the fuck out of it during this zone and I bet when we get out we go into a new phase where we get the REAL Boralus'. NOPE. Completely ignores that it ever happened and Boralus is as shitty after as it was before.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
People were complaining about the quality difference between the two faction's zones & quests shortly after all the way back in March. So I doubt It's a matter of being unfinished, and is likely just poor design ideas in the first place. I'd guess the zone creation B-team got the alliance ones.