World of Warcraft: Current Year

Jox

Molten Core Raider
Someone would need some 0.1%er luck to titanforge enough pieces from warfronts to catch up to my ilvl of being a 0.1%er, I'm fine with that.

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
I like reading this stuff while im pooping, it makes me laugh and the poop comes out better.

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
You forget the part where you have to create multiples of the pattern that requires 25 to discover the pattern requiring 250.

One thing I'll say about this freebie gear vs raid gear, it lacks the ideal Azerite traits, which, for my class/spec, comes from the raid only, as does my best weapon, rings, and trinkets. The other slots can be had from M+, though none of the other options can reasonably or reliably produce BiS drops.

This is not true, the 370 crafted pattern is an auto discovery from the 355 craft, and the 385 pattern is an auto discovery from the 370 craft. I've also read that you get the sanguicell you used to craft the 370 piece back if you scrap it, so the only thing you lose by having to craft the 370 as an intermediate is the expulsion.

To people complaining about 370 loot from warfronts: It's not a weekly, it's a monthly. It's one week for your faction to gather resources, one week to do the warfront, one week for the opposing faction to gather resources, and one week for them to do the warfront. You can only get the loot during one of those weeks.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I think the point isn't about the shit crafting, which you've furthered the point of it being something that takes a month or two for a single shit piece, but that you can obtain those things by doing the most basic, rudimentary bullshit. And when you do, your chance of rolling something appropriate is still rng. If you go through the fuckstick crafting mechanism, you should at least be able to craft the piece you need, not rely on doing a hundred heroics for the chance of something you won't ever use at that level in the game. They've always fucked this up. So much shit is designed, developed, and just washed over by bullshit like LFR, or handout catchup mechanisms. The balance between the top and bottom is arbitrary. The guy who spends 3000 hours on something should get what they want, even if they don't run 400 mythics, since Mr mythic won't give a fuck about that one piece of gear as they've easily farmed a better piece. The gearing options are only better than they were in vanilla in that we have a lot of options to obtain items with minimal effort, but too many options are fuck off options that involve zero effort, while long term efforts without being a dicksucking mythic raider fails on its intended audience. A thousand raid resources to make a piece of gear doesn't mean shit to the guy who raids when that piece is intended for a casual nonraider. If that makes sense.

Which it doesn't, because the game designers are stuck up their own asses.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Just got my 10 done for the week. Shrine 10, finished 13 minutes over the timer. Full PUG.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Is there an actually a good reason to raid in order to obtain gear other than specific drops and mounts? I mean people are getting geared pretty damn well and faster just by doing mythis.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
The enjoyment of the act of raiding seems like a good reason to raid, no? Are you people playing a video game or working a second job?

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
As a casual derp that primarily benefited from these catch up mechanics it really hurt my enjoyment of the expansion thus far to have my meager progress all negated. I was proud of what I had scraped together, the dailies I had ran for the rep to buy 335 gear, and the crawl up from normal to heroic in preparation for mythic and for raiding. Then with Arathi and especially now with these Warfronts it's all irrelevant. I could have done anything else with my time and then been decked out after an evening of Warfronts, the associated quest, and a world boss. This is more of what I expect from the end of an expansion rather than the beginning of one.
If you were lucky, that is. One of my alts got two 340 belts from Arathi (one drop, one from the quest). That's it. No WB drop, no bonus loot. I suspect this is more in line with what the majority of players will experience; some - a few - will simply get a exceptional shower of loot this week.

• 1Like

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
The enjoyment of the act of raiding seems like a good reason to raid, no? Are you people playing a video game or working a second job?
Yep, this. The second it becomes a job for me, I'll quit. The pay is shit and the hours are garbage.

I enjoy raiding or I wouldn't do it.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
somehow I just killed g'huun in a group full of people that didn't speak english except one other guy

videogames are kinda neat sometimes

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Nola

Trakanon Raider
If you have any battle scarred augment runes laying around in your bags or bank collwcting dust you may want to sell them now. I sold 18 of them on the AH for 14k on my server. The mythic raiders are buying them for the mythic race starting this week.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Is there an actually a good reason to raid in order to obtain gear other than specific drops and mounts? I mean people are getting geared pretty damn well and faster just by doing mythis.
I don't raid to obtain gear. The gear I receive is a means to an end

• 1Solidarity

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
So can you do the Warfront itself more than once after its been unlocked? I've seen things that suggest its a one-and-done for each time its open but then others talk about farming it for 340s...

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I'm quite possibly the greatest enhance shaman of all time.

What's your single target burst DPS?

• 1Like

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
So can you do the Warfront itself more than once after its been unlocked? I've seen things that suggest its a one-and-done for each time its open but then others talk about farming it for 340s...

You can do it over-and-over while its up, just like island expeditions. There's a timer counting down for 7 days since it started until the Horde takes it over. You can keep doing it and receiving a random piece of i340 base loot each time. They can warforge and even be weapons. I haven't seen rings or trinkets, though.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Ahhh... so running Mythic-0 was just a total waste of time and I should have just AFK'd through Warfronts in a couple weeks? Nice.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
How is getting a warfront piece any different than getting a mythic chest and completing the quest on LFR for mythic loot? It's even on a 2 week lockout. Also it isn't mythic ilvl.

You can give literally everyone in this game 385 gear for free, more than half of them are still going to be retards and unable to kill heroic entry bosses.

This is true. The only reason I got any H kills was because you and Al had extra huge shoulderpads.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Ahhh... so running Mythic-0 was just a total waste of time and I should have just AFK'd through Warfronts in a couple weeks? Nice.

Yes, as you can also get mounts from Warfronts and every week running through the non-instance version of Arathi to kill the rares for 340 items/mounts/toys/pets and so on.

Mythic 0 are completely pointless at this point.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I don't raid to obtain gear. The gear I receive is a means to an end

That's what it's always been about for me. I've done a lot of fun shit in this game being the worst geared guy in the group. I just play as best as I can and have fun.

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
You can't be this obtuse right?

"so running Molten Core was just a total waste of time and I should have AFK'd through expansions worth of content several years later? Nice."

Same thing, different time scale.

• 1Like