World of Warcraft: Current Year

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Well this does nicely explain why they waited a few weeks to open the Warfronts. I'm still enjoying BFA, for now at least, although I want to punch Scrollsage Nola in the face.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So if I have been on vacation all week and get home this evening, was like ~340ilvl, what is the single best thing to do before reset? Warfront? Try to pug the raid?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
You can't be this obtuse right?

"so running Molten Core was just a total waste of time and I should have AFK'd through expansions worth of content several years later? Nice."

Same thing, different time scale.

I don't mind catchup mechanics and I like them on my alts. I have just been honestly surprised at how fast they've been introduced this time around.

But if it lets my alts get into, "the game" faster then whatever I guess.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
So if I have been on vacation all week and get home this evening, was like ~340ilvl, what is the single best thing to do before reset? Warfront? Try to pug the raid?

Do warfront then pug the raid. May as well takes some shots to up your ilevel to make the puggigng go smoother.

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
Had a pleasant experience leveling my Demon hunter.

My Mage however, not so much. Die like a piece of shit almost every pull.

It sucks because I used to love my mage more.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I don't mind catchup mechanics and I like them on my alts. I have just been honestly surprised at how fast they've been introduced this time around.

But if it lets my alts get into, "the game" faster then whatever I guess.

Supposedly that's the ideal for the warfronts, the catch-up mechanic for casual players and alts. Its likely that M+, pvp, and Uldir are their main goals and anything before the warfront was busy work.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
What the hell kind of luck are you nerds having that you got "decked out in 340+ gear after an evening of Warfronts"? You can only kill those bosses once per week and you may not get a single piece of gear off any of them. I got 1 piece on my main. Meanwhile M+5 drops 355 gear base and is repeatable ad infinitum. And what "poopsocking" was occurring to gear up before that? Running your 10 mythics once per week? You call that poopsocking?

Oh how this forum has fallen. Where's Noodle with the navy seal rant?
You get 1 piece of 340 per run. Just verified this myself. Got a bow.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
So can you do the Warfront itself more than once after its been unlocked? I've seen things that suggest its a one-and-done for each time its open but then others talk about farming it for 340s...
Guess I need to run my hunter through warfronts several times until I get get a decent 340 set. Did it once on my BDK and got a 370 cloak. No need to run it anymore on him cause it's no upgrade for me with 340 drops.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Had a pleasant experience leveling my Demon hunter.

My Mage however, not so much. Die like a piece of shit almost every pull.

It sucks because I used to love my mage more.

I'm curious as to what spec. I had this problem in legion as one spec, but changed and it became vastly easier. I can't remember if it was fire -> Frost or the other way around but I remember it being very similar in feeling of hating the leveling.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Frost from what I have seen is really really strong for AOE at the moment and seem really good in dungeons.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Frost from what I have seen is really really strong for AOE at the moment and seem really good in dungeons.
I ran a few mythic+ with 2 frost mages and it was pure carnage. They are amazing for m+ and I can't see any group pushing m+ not have one.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Frost and Arcane are in a great spot. Fire is pretty lackluster so far sadly. I was Fire and shit was eating up my flame shield so quickly. I finally tried the other two specs and they are so much better. I settled on Arcane, but Frost is supposed to be even better.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I've been playing as Arcane for the last several expansions and have been having a solid time in BfA so far, especially in AE situations given the Azerite ability for an AE execute <35%.

I should give Frost a whirl and see how it feels, though I've often felt the rhythm of Frost a bit off putting.

Bad part about Arcane is having to eat after every pull. So as soon as we are ooc I start snacking and then blink towards the next fight

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Mythic 0 are completely pointless at this point.
No. Normal AND heroic dungeons are completely pointless; I dinged 120 on saturday, did zero dungeons and am now average ilvl 304. In a week, two maybe, I will probably be sporting an higher ilvl average than heroics. So what's the point of running heroics? None. Zero. You do normal to rush the WQ (if you really want it done), and M/M+ for some gear and crafting components. Heroics? Who cares?

At some point, they will need a "difficulty crunch".

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Frost and Arcane are in a great spot. Fire is pretty lackluster so far sadly. I was Fire and shit was eating up my flame shield so quickly. I finally tried the other two specs and they are so much better. I settled on Arcane, but Frost is supposed to be even better.
Frost is a much "safer" class to play. All sorts of passive slows, roots, and no mana concerns; but arcane does better damage when played/geared appropriately. Fire was buffed on last patch, but they're still pretty average. Overall though, mage is in a really, really good spot. Now that we have personal loot, bring ALL the mages, lol. With normal drops, being one of the few folks wearing leather was nice. Personal loot, all the same armor type means more sharing.

Last edited:

Nola

Trakanon Raider
No. Normal AND heroic dungeons are completely pointless; I dinged 120 on saturday, did zero dungeons and am now average ilvl 304. In a week, two maybe, I will probably be sporting an higher ilvl average than heroics. So what's the point of running heroics? None. Zero. You do normal to rush the WQ (if you really want it done), and M/M+ for some gear and crafting components. Heroics? Who cares?

At some point, they will need a "difficulty crunch".
I barely did any heriocs this expansion. I did about a dozen or so heriocs and went straight into mythic 0/2 and farmed them until I had every slot 340+ ilvl. I'm doing mythic 3 & 4s and will start 5s when I get better gear. I did all this in about 2 weeks time and my ilvl is currently 345 with no raid gear.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I'm mostly in heroic gear, but I also chose to wait for some friends to do m0/+ dungeons. I didn't do any normals, by the time I completed all my questing and first round of WQs I was high enough to jump into heroics. The first few days were a challenge but at 330 ilvl they are pretty trivial for me as a healer even with a low ilvl group.

I have shit luck with gear, so even clearing out every yellow star in Arathi in only got one piece of 340, plus the free one from the quest. I guess I'll see what happens in another week when alliance get to queue - though I am not even sure how that works. I know there is a guaranteed 370+ for the quest but will the mobs drop more gear then? I guess I don't see how it could replace dungeons or raids solely as a source of gear. At best you can get a few pieces per month and will probably get repeats and subpar pieces.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I lucked out and got 5 pieces of gear from the mobs in Arathi, plus 1 toy. Make sure you have the HandyNotes Arathi addon to ensure you're actually hitting all available mobs. There's quite a few, many

Honorbound Artificer's Sandals @345
Honorbound Artificer's Cuffs @355
Honorbound Artificer's Legwraps @340
Honorbound Focus @340
Honorbound War Staff @340

You can run the Warfront over and over, and it rewards 340 Honorbound gear that can Titanforge. I got another pair of the same above pants, but with a gem slot. This covers all slots except rings and trinkets. Unfortunately, all of the azerite traits on the azerite related gear are the average ones, not the best ones, at least for Arcane mage - those are all found in Ulduir currently.

However, the quest that gives a 370 piece fucked me pretty good by giving me a pair of Honorbound bracers, that replaced the only Titanforged item I'd gotten this whole expansion (355), with the same item at 370. Fucking bracers. Gee, golly willikers, thanks!