World of Warcraft: Current Year

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
"with a good group"

Let's be fair though. Ever done m+, raids, or arenas without a good group? Islands with a shit group sucks but the alternatives if with a shit group suck even more.

Edit - reply not really directed AT you.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
How is the levelling experience from 1 and up? Any changes in this expansion? I mostly enjoy the low levels and consider doing it again. Last time I did it is maybe two expansions ago.
Short story: Leveling from 1, with the new changes introduced at the end of Legion, will make you cry like a baby if you enjoyed it 2 expansions ago. The experience today is misery by comparison, even with heirlooms and RnF (which has been nerfed).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I leveled a character from scratch during Mists of Pandaria and really liked it. Leveling a character from scratch again I gave up in the 50s and recycled the character's name for the toon I was boosting with BfA. I was not prepared for how slow those levels were.

Demon Hunters just starting at 98 is pretty sweet though. The class is a lot of fun and the leveling in Legion is very gentle. I'm secretly hoping that Zandalari trolls start way above level 20 by default but that's just not in the cards. Let me hop in at like 80.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Level speed is suppose to be better now but I haven’t had the willpower or time to check first hand.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Quest from a Tortollan to do 4 mythic dungeons for a 'cache of uldir treasures' labelled heroic.

Araxen

Apparently you can fail the Warfront...

vzo3qun3zil11.png

When All The Boys Want To AFK • r/wow

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
How is the levelling experience from 1 and up? Any changes in this expansion? I mostly enjoy the low levels and consider doing it again. Last time I did it is maybe two expansions ago.

I levelled the druid I'm playing now from 1-120. I didn't find it as turrible as everyone says, but it is definitely A LOT slower then it was 2 expansions ago. 1-60 was generally fun and I finished it in about a week. 60-80 I did entirely in Outland and it was going pretty slow and I got bored and almost gave up. This took me like 3 weeks but I also wasn't very focused and didn't put in more than maybe 2-3 hours at a time and definitely didn't play every day. 80-90 I did entirely in Mount Hyjal and it went quickly. 90-100 I again only did the starting zone in WoD. Then of course legion for 100-110. I think I did 90-110 in a weekend.

pwe

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I levelled the druid I'm playing now from 1-120. I didn't find it as turrible as everyone says, but it is definitely A LOT slower then it was 2 expansions ago. 1-60 was generally fun and I finished it in about a week. 60-80 I did entirely in Outland and it was going pretty slow and I got bored and almost gave up. This took me like 3 weeks but I also wasn't very focused and didn't put in more than maybe 2-3 hours at a time and definitely didn't play every day. 80-90 I did entirely in Mount Hyjal and it went quickly. 90-100 I again only did the starting zone in WoD. Then of course legion for 100-110. I think I did 90-110 in a weekend.
Is 1-60 exactly the same content/quests as two expansions ago? I suppose the classes changed too?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
It's the same content. They scaled it out though so that quests don't grey and you can do content for that level range in any order. I.e. you could go to hinterlands at level 20 if you wanted and then do ashenvale at level 50. Outland and Northrend both start at 60 and scale to 80 so you can do a mix or just one of those continents to get you to 80. That's the main difference.

You can also queue for any dungeon in those ranges. So 60-80 you can queue for any LK or Outland dungeon.

Malakriss

Is 1-60 exactly the same content/quests as two expansions ago? I suppose the classes changed too?
Patch 7.3.5 - Zone Scaling and XP Changes

Levels 10-20 increased the required experience by +5% each level all the way up to 60%.
Levels 21-39 each are a flat 60% increase over previous
Levels 40-59 each are a flat 40% increase over previous

Past that the XP requirements are the same but you have wider options. Most players do NOT want slower leveling under 60 but Blizzard things and reasons.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
So looks like the rares in Arathi are tied to the actual Warfront changing hands, not weekly reset.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
So looks like the rares in Arathi are tied to the actual Warfront changing hands, not weekly reset.
Yup I was hoping it would be weekly but honestly it just makes more sense if it is tied to the area changing hands.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Well I keep collecting all the pieces because I'm never quite sure what is or isn't an actual upgrade.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Leveling 1-120 is easy, quests give a lot of experience and dungeon completion was buffed.

My shaman is 2-3 shotting almost everything whereas when they first made the change my druid was taking a LONG time to kill mobs. They defintiely buffed it. But you're not going to get 60 levels in 2 hours like before.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Well I keep collecting all the pieces because I'm never quite sure what is or isn't an actual upgrade.
I have so many pieces of azerite pieces in my bank and i don't want to get rid of any because Blizz may buff a certain trait. I really hate this azerite system.

Also this is an excellent azerite site to help you out which trait is best.

Bloodmallet: data for all

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users