World of Warcraft: Current Year

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
If people need expulsom better to spend time doing the WQ for the azerite gear that stuff tends to be very lucrative in the scrapper for the ammount of the more rare stuff it shits out.
In term of speed, I'm not sure you can't get expulsom/hour faster with skinning, crafting leather items, and scrapping those.

It's 1 expulsom/6 bracers on average, so 30 leather, 24 bones. That's about 20 stags/wolves/whatever, which take like 10-15mn to kill.

WQ are faster, but the items don't automatically give expulsom...

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
  1. BFA is cold and trash. I don't like much about it.
The only missions I'm really waiting for are... the pet charm missions.

I mean, once you have all factions at revered, you're ok; the exalted rewards are not important enough to warrant pursuing right now as opposed to "wait until it arrives". The gold is meh. The azerite is ok, but not exceptional (vs WQs). There's no raid chest mission, no follower gear mission (that I've seen)...

There might be more interesting missions coming with the 8.0.5 / 8.1 / etc... patches, but so far, I don't even care on my alts if they launch a mission or not.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
How do you not make sure the spawn location for the chest is not directly on top of an NPC? It's not a complex game design decision. It's the placement of a single god damn thing. Christ, that pretty much sums up this entire expansion. I've been a pretty big Blizzard apologist, but this expansion is just all around amateur hour. It's ridiculous.
There's a lot of resources nodes inside other items; a fair number of mobs spawning inside rocks and trees. The Q&A for the world building was low.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Leveling up through legion with those invasions is really really quick. I was quite surprised.

Some good thoughts on reddit:

dvq5xem1tvl11.jpg

Last edited:
  • 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I'm all for removing the GCD changes and lowering the neck level requirements for traits. Everything else in that graphic? Nah. Why would you want to bring legendaries, artifact traits and set bonuses back and with a system that is even more grindy than AP was at the start of Legion? I'm pretty happy all that stuff is gone.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Trump's Staff
In Legion I started out feeling sluggish and somewhat meh but after unlocking the various abilities on the AP track I progressively fell into a solid rhythm. Once set bonuses came into play there was a distinct specialized flavor to the class and I felt genuinely powerful.

So far in BfA I started out feeling sluggish and then as I leveled up and lost access to artifacts I felt even more sluggish. I have fallen into a rhythm but it doesn't feel like it flows nearly as well and is far too dependent on spamming Arcane Explosion and Arcane Barrage.

I also preferred having powers that made me shoot more Arcane Missiles versus powers that involve a small dinosaur crawling out of my butt and charging the enemy.

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Khane

I would absolutely 100000% take tier over this abortion of an armor system

Problem with that graphic is there are 6 tiers of unlocks and the good bonuses are at the second, fourth and sixth tier which would require a massive amount of grinding. Fuck that. With the current system the legendary/set bonus "replacement" effects are on the outer ring. The second, third and fourth rings are just icing on the cake. The traits may suck for certain classes/specs but I would take this over the binary set bonuses all day.

Would you really want to bring back tier bonuses and have to deal with having to worry about your previous tier bonuses being better than the current tier and having it be a binary on/off type thing that you have no real control over? I think the azerite system is vastly superior to that but just requires some tuning.

Affliction Warlocks have a lot of interesting choices on their azerite pieces so I can say with certainty that the system can work quite well, other classes/specs need to be brought in line with that. The Azerite trait system CAN be really interesting and cool, Blizzard just needs to do a better job of making the traits useful for the classes and specs where that currently isn't the case. Because yea, if your traits suck the system will feel worthless and stupid. But I do prefer having the choice of choosing my set bonuses/legendary effects from a large pool of available traits than I do being stuck using whatever shitty set bonuses the devs decide to throw at me for an entire tier. I also like that I can acquire said bonuses in places other than raid.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
In Legion I started out feeling sluggish and somewhat meh but after unlocking the various abilities on the AP track I progressively fell into a solid rhythm. Once set bonuses came into play there was a distinct specialized flavor to the class and I felt genuinely powerful.

So far in BfA I started out feeling sluggish and then as I leveled up and lost access to artifacts I felt even more sluggish. I have fallen into a rhythm but it doesn't feel like it flows nearly as well and is far too dependent on spamming Arcane Explosion and Arcane Barrage.

I also preferred having powers that made me shoot more Arcane Missiles versus powers that involve a small dinosaur crawling out of my butt and charging the enemy.

Check this page out. Evocation and Arcane Blast traits are the strongest. One's that do flat damage are behind those two. Rezan's (the little dinosaur) is after those. The Evocation one changes your rotation a little, in that before you go into a second burn stage, you'll really want your Arcane Power and Rune of Power ready to go, so it can stack with the +3250 Int you get from it. If you have multiple Evocation traits, that's up to 9750 Int for 15 seconds. Arcane Blast one is pretty boring, but affects the core of your damage.

AOE is AE+AB spam with Rune of Power/Arcane Power. Basic bitch stuff.

ST is a cluster fuck
1) Charged Up -> Presence of Mind -> Rune of Power -> Arcane Power -> Arcane Blast to 0% mana -> Evocation -> Arcane Blast to 60%
2) then Arcane Barrage, Blast to 4 charges, Barrage, until you have about 8s left on Evocation/Arcane Power

I hadn't played my mage (save like 5 minutes during Cataclysm), since 1.10, where I had a 31/0/20 build, so it's been a long time since I played mage, and holy shit is it so much different. I miss being able to interweave different types of spells - stacking Flame Strike before a Blizzard, or whatever. It's taken a while to get used to the sterilized, and dramatically dumbed down version of the class. At the same time, they've kind of balanced the talents around extra buttons or passive rotating buffs, and between AOE/ST.

I will say the class has felt a lot stronger the higher my ilvl. Below 320 felt like shit, 344 feels very strong. And using the right talents for the situation can really, really help.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
They'd have been better off cutting and pasting Legion without the stupid fucking legendary items. Everything new or changed is just plain bad. I don't think I've ever gotten so bored of a WoW expansion this quickly.

Island expeditions should have never made the cut in this state. The mission table and turtle dailies are so low effort that it's embarrassing.

I did three normal dungeons because they were part of the story, then ran like maybe two heroics before they were obsolete. WTF?

Last edited:

Khane

Does anyone know where to find a list of the sets that drop from warfronts for each class?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Would you really want to bring back tier bonuses and have to deal with having to worry about your previous tier bonuses being better than the current tier and having it be a binary on/off type thing that you have no real control over? I think the azerite system is vastly superior to that but just requires some tuning.

I get that it's an unpopular opinion, but I would rather deal with that than this idiotic system. Grinding points to unlock traits IS GARBAGE. I shouldn't feel compelled to grind a WQ that will give me 150AP vs the 20k+ that is required to gain a level. I didn't like it in Legion and I hate it a lot more here.

Gear should drop that is an immediate and obvious upgrade. Time-gating upgrades on armor slots (because that's what it is, no matter what level you're at), is a really dumb decision. The neck levels, if they wanted to keep that, should ONLY upgrade the neck's ilvl and leave armor alone. It's dumb and it makes me angry. Everything else in this expansion feels low effort, so I don't have a clue what the blizz boys have been working on this whole time.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Problem with that graphic is there are 6 tiers of unlocks and the good bonuses are at the second, fourth and sixth tier which would require a massive amount of grinding. Fuck that. With the current system the legendary/set bonus "replacement" effects are on the outer ring. The second, third and fourth rings are just icing on the cake. The traits may suck for certain classes/specs but I would take this over the binary set bonuses all day.

Affliction Warlocks have a lot of interesting choices on their azerite pieces so I can say with certainty that the system can work quite well, other classes/specs need to be brought in line with that. The Azerite trait system CAN be really interesting and cool, Blizzard just needs to do a better job of making the traits useful for the classes and specs where that currently isn't the case. Because yea, if your traits suck the system will feel worthless and stupid. But I do prefer having the choice of choosing my set bonuses/legendary effects from a large pool of available traits than I do being stuck using whatever shitty set bonuses the devs decide to throw at me for an entire tier. I also like that I can acquire said bonuses in places other than raid.

The system feels incredibly incredibly clunky on classes that have 3 setups. Like Monk for example. I imagine the Druid ones are even worse.

• 1Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Must say the LFR this tier I like it, cannot find a late night guild for love nor money at the moment so LFR is my raiding expereince now days. Gone are the days of ignoring mechnices. If you don't do things right the raid will wipe. Had two wipes on Mother as tank never knew to move her and one point over 20 people run to the other room at once and raid went bang, the beams will kill people if not topped off but at the same time if people die you can still kill the boss we done 40%-0 with 8 people alive so it rewards people for playing well and don't leave them frustrated at not being able to kill the boss due to well LFR level players

On the bug boss f the orbs are not soaked then it will wipe the raid pretty fast as well, so gone are the days of LFR = patchwork dummy fight everyone afk and pressing 2 buttons, have to look aroudn you and pay attention to what is going on, fair play to blizzard

That sounds fucking awful. Though I've mostly quit already anyway.

• 1Repost

Khane

I get that it's an unpopular opinion, but I would rather deal with that than this idiotic system. Grinding points to unlock traits IS GARBAGE. I shouldn't feel compelled to grind a WQ that will give me 150AP vs the 20k+ that is required to gain a level. I didn't like it in Legion and I hate it a lot more here.

Gear should drop that is an immediate and obvious upgrade. Time-gating upgrades on armor slots (because that's what it is, no matter what level you're at), is a really dumb decision. The neck levels, if they wanted to keep that, should ONLY upgrade the neck's ilvl and leave armor alone. It's dumb and it makes me angry. Everything else in this expansion feels low effort, so I don't have a clue what the blizz boys have been working on this whole time.

I don't think it's an unpopular opinion and I agree with you that the grind is idiotic. It's just that the "set bonus" area of the armor is basically auto unlock since it's on the outer ring. I think having anything class/spec enhancing or even entirely game changing being on armor pieces that are subject to RNG sucks and should be gone. Give us gear with stats only, leave procs/effects to weapons/trinkets, and have any "choices" that exist be talents that we can pick and choose as we see fit without having to worry about being lucky with drops. So yea, I'm with you on all that.

It's one of those "well I prefer it to the other shitty system they had in place before it" so I'm sorta OK with it. I really did not like set bonuses and having 4-6 pieces of gear be locked down so you could unlock the bonus. I also hated that I had to raid to get it with no other option. Azerite is 3 pieces BUT each piece unlocks it's own bonuses, it can be acquired outside of raids and they were smart enough to leave Helm/Chest/Shoulder drops out of the game completely outside of Azerite pieces for those slots. Even if it wasn't necessarily worse in practice having items that could replace your tier slots with much better secondaries drop and be unusable felt like garbage.

Last edited:

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
This game just makes no goddamn sense.

No 2H Str weapons from any WQs since the very first week of the expansion, stuck on a 325 weapon after striking out on 2 weeks worth of running every M-0 that had a 2H for Ret. Still no drops this week until I turn in my mythic quest to the turtle and out pops:

lolweapon.jpg

There's got to be a better way.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

They fucked up the math so the grind feels illegitimate. The final unlock on a 325 chest piece is 21. That unlock makes the armor 330. By the time anyone would have gotten that far they had the next tier. The final unlock of that is 27. That's so much grinding as to be ridiculous. It makes more sense to just wait for Blizzard to give it to you than to make the grind any focus at all.