World of Warcraft: Current Year

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
Leveled shaman 110-120 in bgs 100%
Leveled druid and mage before that so I didn't want to quest any more

Shaman rocking ilvl 250 at 120. Swear they nerfed pvp loot drops. Got two nice 2h staff drops though, worthless.

Have 0 out of 100 war resources to even start my war campaign and get access to the other lands. Ah yes, now the 2hour + journey of collecting flight paths around the world.

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
The RNG on missions leaves something to be desired and the loot you can equip champions with is lackluster. I didn't play any Warlords of Draenor. Was the system more complex during that time? As someone just showing up I thought the Legion stuff was pretty cool. I'm definitely disappointed with the lack of depth in the BfA version.

So it's like this:

1. Draenor missions were too much. You had a huge roster of minions, it was kind of cool sure... but it was too much of a mini game. Too hot
  2. Legion was the goldylocks one. Just the right amount of fluff, class representation and minions, decent rewards etc.
  3. BFA is cold and trash. I don't like much about it.

Yep. WoD was pretty complicated and I can understand there not being an app about it. It was definitely really fun for me building an army over time and equipping them to eventually go on and farm stuff.

Legion wasn't as extensive as WoD but it was "lean", and worked just fine.

BfA is just wtf. It feels like the same thing how I feel about the rest of the expansion: like we're locked out of the rest of the content. Its like we're missing a named follower and better equipment options.

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
BfA's version feels like they left it in for those 3 dudes that found tables very engaging gameplay and for the rest of us it's just a turd.

My philosophy is to target things I need (COA rep... that's it...) and ignore it.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
What I don't get is that War Resources are considerably harder to get than Order Hall resources or garrison resources. If you do missions with regularity you just eat them up.

• 1Like

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yeah, I just target CoA rep because of that. I might hit up Azerite and gold after I finish CoA though.

The app and mission table could be a cool thing, just need to make the rep rewards after Exalted into low rep BoA tokens. Make the missions successful, even if you lower the value, but no one wants missions that fail a lot.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What I don't get is that War Resources are considerably harder to get than Order Hall resources or garrison resources. If you do missions with regularity you just eat them up.
My guess is once the order hall upgrade opens where you get order resources from emissaries that it will be fine. The stupid decision to not make that baseline when you actually need the order hall resources to get your rep up and have it available basically after your rep is maxxed is dumb.

#blizzardapologist

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

It feels like it's set up so that once you hit max rep with anything that's the end of doing those missions so over time you need less and less resources. Right now though even having done a ton of world quests and with one rep maxed I'm living hand to mouth. I think just abandoning the Azerite missions makes the most sense given how fucking gated that whole system is anyway but I'm too much of a sperg to not do the fucking things.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I got a 375 titanforged m6 2hander from my weekly chest. Should've done a m10 with my friends so it could've been 390. Oh well.

• 1Like

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot

I'm not sure how but I haven't found this an issue. I run as many missions as I can and use resources for my bonus seals and even after 2 weeks in a row, still have 5k. I know im in the minority on this because I'm not really sure what I did to get a lot. other than making sure i didnt skip a single WQ for the first few weeks. I'm holding back a LOT more now that I'm getting more exalted so that may change though.

Jox

Molten Core Raider
No thank god. Healer died to Crossfire Ignition on last boss 4 times... because he's retarded. Only one DPS on fire btich actually moved the barrels around to avoid the whole room being floor is lava simulator.

It's the tank and healer's job to move the barrels, at least in any non retarded group not doing +4s.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
So the horde mythic plus weekly chest appeared right on top of the archaeology trainer. I tried clicking on it three times and it took me a minute to realize why the fuck it kept opening up the archaeology training window.

Really? How the fuck does something like that happen? How do you not make sure the spawn location for the chest is not directly on top of an NPC? It's not a complex game design decision. It's the placement of a single god damn thing. Christ, that pretty much sums up this entire expansion. I've been a pretty big Blizzard apologist, but this expansion is just all around amateur hour. It's ridiculous.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
So the horde mythic plus weekly chest appeared right on top of the archaeology trainer. I tried clicking on it three times and it took me a minute to realize why the fuck it kept opening up the archaeology training window.

Really? How the fuck does something like that happen? How do you not make sure the spawn location for the chest is not directly on top of an NPC? It's not a complex game design decision. It's the placement of a single god damn thing. Christ, that pretty much sums up this entire expansion. I've been a pretty big Blizzard apologist, but this expansion is just all around amateur hour. It's ridiculous.
The NPC wanders ....

• 1Like

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
So make sure it's not in a place that an NPC will wander through it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Taloc was way easier on mythic than the last 3-4 heroic bosses. we 2 shot taloc and got 4-5 pulls on mother before we went to heroic, fully expect us to clear mother this week.

Method ended up calling it since Fetid devourer is massively overtuned, even after the substantial nerfs after BDG and Limit attempted it, its still impossible with current gear sets.

• 1Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So how are splits being done now and are they still effective? Is Fetid over tuned because gear is harder to come by? Or is it over tuned in regards to more gearing up wouldn't really make a bit of difference?

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So how are splits being done now and are they still effective? Is Fetid over tuned because gear is harder to come by? Or is it over tuned in regards to more gearing up wouldn't really make a bit of difference?
Before the nerf your dps needed to average 24k dps. That level is just not achievable. It looks like now it would be somewhere around 13k or 14k with everyone being perfect. Method was getting like two people over 14k on a regular basis.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Split runs are still a thing though not as effective and gear is probably easier than ever to come by. I'd say they are calling raid to go chain run M+ dungeons since today was reset for them and they haven't run any yet because they went right to the raid. To give you an idea most of them are low to mid 360ish item level. Mythic+10 drops 370 item level base now with the reset. They can probably get their mains close to 10 item levels each by just chain running M+ for 24 hours. That's a substantial difference in power level, especially at the current item level cap.

So Fetid Devourer may be overtuned but they still have a lot of room for gear improvement to keep attempting him. Easy gear improvement on top of that.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Taloc was way easier on mythic than the last 3-4 heroic bosses. we 2 shot taloc and got 4-5 pulls on mother before we went to heroic, fully expect us to clear mother this week.

Method ended up calling it since Fetid devourer is massively overtuned, even after the substantial nerfs after BDG and Limit attempted it, its still impossible with current gear sets.
I found mythrax to be really simple in Heroic but then you have a boss like zul that feels tuned like a mythic boss. We do the mongo strat of cc'ing and ignoring blood hexers and have really good dps, but I can't imagine a legit heroic guild having an easy time with that boss.

Another hard boss in heroic is vectis. Seems easy to have a derp and wipe the raid. In general the raid feels harder than it should be.

• 1Like

wanand

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Must say the LFR this tier I like it, cannot find a late night guild for love nor money at the moment so LFR is my raiding expereince now days. Gone are the days of ignoring mechnices. If you don't do things right the raid will wipe. Had two wipes on Mother as tank never knew to move her and one point over 20 people run to the other room at once and raid went bang, the beams will kill people if not topped off but at the same time if people die you can still kill the boss we done 40%-0 with 8 people alive so it rewards people for playing well and don't leave them frustrated at not being able to kill the boss due to well LFR level players

On the bug boss f the orbs are not soaked then it will wipe the raid pretty fast as well, so gone are the days of LFR = patchwork dummy fight everyone afk and pressing 2 buttons, have to look aroudn you and pay attention to what is going on, fair play to blizzard

• 1Dislike