World of Warcraft: Current Year

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hopefully, it resets when Arathi changes hands, and not just when your side gets Arathi. Otherwise, the whining about Horde getting free Arathi rares and warfront gear vs Alliance just the WB will be... loud.

(of course it averages over time... but the outrage will be real at first, and first impressions last)
It sure would make the alliance starting off in the "win" condition feel like a booby prize thats for sure. I am hoping the rares come back up when it switches hands which would make sense. That would basically flip once every two weeks which seems a reasonable time period especially given the horde were able to do the world rares while alliance "had control".

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I thought Sco was their MT? Their thing has him in WW talents?
He probably never logged out since he switched to BRM. I believe Justwait is their main tank, I could be wrong. At first they were doing DK and BRM tank combo but Justwait switched to his BRM when they were constantly wiping to Vectis.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Let's be honest, they're both main tanks. There is no I in mythic. Oh, wait, there is. Shit.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
I play tank as main spec. As of today, my loot from raids, caches, and weeklies consists of a 370 helm and eight DPS trinkets. Normal mode loot last week was frenetic corpuscle and vanquished tendril of g'huun. In Heroic I got the leather helm and frenetic corpuscle again. 380 cache loot was tiny electromental. 370 Mythic dungeon weekly was Construct Overcharger. This week in heroic, I got Construct Overcharger again off taloc and heroic devourer handed me corpuscle for both drop AND bonus roll.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
It sure would make the alliance starting off in the "win" condition feel like a booby prize thats for sure. I am hoping the rares come back up when it switches hands which would make sense. That would basically flip once every two weeks which seems a reasonable time period especially given the horde were able to do the world rares while alliance "had control".
At this point, I'm pretty sure Arathi only resets when your side gains control. So horde got a free period of Arathi rares, plus half a week of unconstrained warfront farming.

It's funny how everyone was whining about Alliance being advantaged since they got Arathi out of the box when it looks in fact that the warfront itself is what's lucrative (guaranteed 370 once, did I hear one guaranteed 340 commander drop per warfront? vs one 340 guaranteed plus a small chance of 340 drops, plus a random potshot at one 370 from a 3-item loot table per spec)

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Missions -- Magister Umbric seems to be the MVP of the whole Mission Table stuff with his 50% reduction in mission time passive buff. Kelsey Steelspark I only use because she's the only person who can counter the pink crystal whatever thing and John J Keeshan is my go-to combat guy. The other two (Night elf and dwarf) might as well not even exist.

So too are the truly insane 'Stealth' missions that have a troop requirement or 'no bonus loot'.

I've also started sending troops to their death on suicide missions in order to clear them out when I have nothing but ground troops recruited yet every mission requires mounted etc.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
He probably never logged out since he switched to BRM. I believe Justwait is their main tank, I could be wrong. At first they were doing DK and BRM tank combo but Justwait switched to his BRM when they were constantly wiping to Vectis.
Sco logged out as WW spec but with BRM gear.

Pretty sure wowprogress pulls from your armory, so he did that to obfuscate what tank talents he was using - for reasons I don't know why.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sco logged out as WW spec but with BRM gear.

Pretty sure wowprogress pulls from your armory, so he did that to obfuscate what tank talents he was using - for reasons I don't know why.
His armory has it listed - Scocreep - WoW

My guess is he didn't do it intentionally. I feel like his ego is so large that he doesn't think much of stuff like that anymore.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Something tells me Method is going to be wiping to Devourer for a very long fucking time. Not even to 50% health on it yet.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The scrapper is having a really shitty, adverse affect on M+ groups. I've been in a lot of groups today where people are literally refusing to open their M+ chest until the group disbands so nobody can see the loot and ask for trade. Goddamn I realize we all need expulsom but fuck.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Missions -- Magister Umbric seems to be the MVP of the whole Mission Table stuff with his 50% reduction in mission time passive buff. Kelsey Steelspark I only use because she's the only person who can counter the pink crystal whatever thing and John J Keeshan is my go-to combat guy. The other two (Night elf and dwarf) might as well not even exist.

So too are the truly insane 'Stealth' missions that have a troop requirement or 'no bonus loot'.

I've also started sending troops to their death on suicide missions in order to clear them out when I have nothing but ground troops recruited yet every mission requires mounted etc.

HAHA yes I had one of those yesterday a rare quest that was stealth and had a troop requirement or no bonus loot. That was just the mission table giving all the middle fingers.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
The scrapper is having a really shitty, adverse affect on M+ groups. I've been in a lot of groups today where people are literally refusing to open their M+ chest until the group disbands so nobody can see the loot and ask for trade. Goddamn I realize we all need expulsom but fuck.

If people need expulsom better to spend time doing the WQ for the azerite gear that stuff tends to be very lucrative in the scrapper for the ammount of the more rare stuff it shits out.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
HAHA yes I had one of those yesterday a rare quest that was stealth and had a troop requirement or no bonus loot. That was just the mission table giving all the middle fingers.

Yeah, The missions/follower system this time around is complete garbage. They seem to be really reducing it's involvement each expansion. I wouldn't be surprised if its completely gone next xpac based on what they've done with it this time around.

Not only do they have shit like the stealth missions, but constantly force feeding you rep token missions even when you're exalted and can't even give those to alts.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
If people need expulsom better to spend time doing the WQ for the azerite gear that stuff tends to be very lucrative in the scrapper for the ammount of the more rare stuff it shits out.

I don't think anyone is running M+ specifically for expulsom. They're just trying to keep whatever they get when they do run M+ so they can scrap it for extra.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Yeah, The missions/follower system this time around is complete garbage. They seem to be really reducing it's involvement each expansion. I wouldn't be surprised if its completely gone next xpac based on what they've done with it this time around.

Not only do they have shit like the stealth missions, but constantly force feeding you rep token missions even when you're exalted and can't even give those to alts.

Which is odd since, at one point anyway, the mission / follower system was meant to be a core part of a mobile-based full fledged companion game that went much further than the older mobile app. Perhaps they got scared by all the loot crate microtransactions = gambling stuff?

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I got a mission the other day that was stealth so troops would reduce the mission drastically, but needed a counter only troops could provide. If I didn't counter it, I'd get no bonus loot. So the best I could do was 100% without the troop or 130% with the troop.

Best part? It was rep for Champions of Azeroth and it was double 400 tokens. Of course I failed the bonus loot.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I got a mission the other day that was stealth so troops would reduce the mission drastically, but needed a counter only troops could provide. If I didn't counter it, I'd get no bonus loot. So the best I could do was 100% without the troop or 130% with the troop.

Best part? It was rep for Champions of Azeroth and it was double 400 tokens. Of course I failed the bonus loot.

The RNG on missions leaves something to be desired and the loot you can equip champions with is lackluster. I didn't play any Warlords of Draenor. Was the system more complex during that time? As someone just showing up I thought the Legion stuff was pretty cool. I'm definitely disappointed with the lack of depth in the BfA version.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The RNG on missions leaves something to be desired and the loot you can equip champions with is lackluster. I didn't play any Warlords of Draenor. Was the system more complex during that time? As someone just showing up I thought the Legion stuff was pretty cool. I'm definitely disappointed with the lack of depth in the BfA version.

So it's like this:

1. Draenor missions were too much. You had a huge roster of minions, it was kind of cool sure... but it was too much of a mini game. Too hot
  2. Legion was the goldylocks one. Just the right amount of fluff, class representation and minions, decent rewards etc.
  3. BFA is cold and trash. I don't like much about it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users