World of Warcraft: Current Year

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>
The whole gear thing is compounded by the fact that only a handful of specs actually "feel" powerful.

I've tried all of the healers except Resto Druid, at the raid level, and they all feel substantially worse than legion and in general just super awkward

So, gearing doesn't feel good and neither does playing my class? I'm not sure what I am supposed to look forward to.

This is probably the biggest issue with bfa. None of the classes are as enjoyable as they where at the BEGINNING of legion let alone at the end. They all are slower feel weaker and have lost so much it’s hard to find a spec let alone a class that’s even close to being really enjoyable. Add to that blizzards new thing seems to be nerf everything else to balance a weak or underperforming spec? I can’t even imagine what bliz is willing to do in 8.1 to begin to course correct all that.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
idunno WoD had a better system where instead of just wf/tf they had a currency that would give you +5 and +10 ilvl as an upgrade rather than just pure TF. Was great.

Pretty sure this system was at the end of WoD, same thing was at the end of MoP. They just didn't do the purchased ilevel upgrades in legion.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Are there still queue issues? In the long long ago being Alliance was baller because it was instant everything. Being grossly outnumbered never felt so good.
Queuing for alliance for me never takes more than a minute or two which is nice.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Queuing for alliance for me never takes more than a minute or two which is nice.

The queues are almost as quick as the dirt naps the alliance receives in BGs.

Seriously the alliance winrate has to be sub 40% - it’s laughably bad. To add insult to injury Blizzards matchmaking often makes things worse by giving you one or no healers.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
EDIT: Also as you can see from this thread that if the gear is too easy to get some people will completely leave PvE to get that low lying fruit to then go back and raid with that. It's a delicate balance unless you completely separate the two gear sets.
The last time they tried that didn't work out so well. I guess they don't want to repeat that experiment.

For a long time I couldn't put my finger on why the gearing process in BfA seemed so off for me, but my current thought on this is: Most players are terrible. You can get to maxlevel with four to five abilities and disregard the rest. But the current easy gear acquisition lets those players get by in mythic+ dungeons past their knowledge of mechanics and skill. Except maybe for certain affixes.

This fucks up the balance, and now we have such crutches like raider.io to help weed out the chaff.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider

Seriously the alliance winrate has to be sub 40% - it’s laughably bad. To add insult to injury Blizzards matchmaking often makes things worse by giving you one or no healers.
Epic battleground win rate is pretty good I win about 75% of isle of conquest and 60% of av. The problem in av is if horde start to turtle it is quicker to quit and requeue once deserter goes away.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot

Because horde doesn't have that exact thing happen too. Right?

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
Gearing through PvP is really not an option for Alliance players. Not to say that Horde players are all that great, but Alliance pugs in BGs are astonishingly bad.

I leveled 8 alliance chars from 110-120 in BGs/skirmish exclusively. You win some, you lose some, but you live....you live to fight another day!

I often wonder why alliance lose so often in bgs, and then I remind myself there is probably some paradox that explains why I see it that way and that in fact it's more closer to 50/50

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
I play alliance and leveled through pvp fine you only need two wins a day for 100 conquest. If you can do arenas it is really fast after the change.

For a long time I said hey I'll just get a bg and epic bg win daily on alts I want to play one day..... Getting those two wins turn in to 15 games sometimes.

Soooooooo, if you look at the exp you get at the end of a BG there appears to be a chunk of experience you get for "time spent" in the BG. Turn exp on in your chat log.

If you add up the exp gained from a BG win Vs a BG loss, it's still relatively similar assuming you're not talking about the first win of the day bonus. So queue it up, win or lose, you're still banging out decent progress. Especially if you're mostly afk. Getting a win has a higher chance of rewarding a loot crate, but that gear is useless really.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I've done the mercenary thing for the 40v40's and it feels like a 50/50 thing there, although I feel like Alliance wins Isle of Conquest more often. I find the biggest likelihood of a loss will come when there's a bunch of bossy people in your BG.

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
BGs at max level are fine, my win rate is pretty good. Like 60%, but I don't do a ton of bgs. I've probably only done like 25-30 in bfa so far.

I did recently level a toon through the 20-30 range though and tried a few bgs. Lost every single one, wasn't even remotely close. Horde just stomped every game. Might be where some of the alliance losing reputation comes from, unsure. The 110-119 bracket was fine, seemed 50/50ish.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've done the mercenary thing for the 40v40's and it feels like a 50/50 thing there, although I feel like Alliance wins Isle of Conquest more often. I find the biggest likelihood of a loss will come when there's a bunch of bossy people in your BG.

I am not sure why the alliance does so well at isle of conquest but if get into one I generally feel pretty strongly that I am getting my daily done. AV is a lot more even mostly because at the first sign of a turtle alliance starts bailing which generally causes a loss. Its annoying but honestly a turtle win for the horde takes 30+ minutes so generally it does make a lot of sense for alliance to simply bail wait your debuff out and requeue and basically be back up and running again no fuss/bother. Also the AV map works in the hordes favor to force turtles if they want with the ice blood choke point. They can totally bottle up the alliance while at the same time be free to send teams out to go after turrets.

xzi

Mouthbreather
dude is a fucking legend

iirc you can't talk to anybody that isn't on the panda island, you can't even join a guild until you decide faction as well. Though I do remember a long time ago blizzard saying that guy is technically hostile to all factions everywhere

Khane

Got something right about marriage
He's in a raid and even has The Chosen title so it looks like there might not be many restrictions. I wonder if that means you can join both Alliance and Horde raids and maybe double dip?

Or are there just that many neutral nerds that they have enough of them to make raids?

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Those are just other neutral's. They are all stuck on the island and can't leave till they choose a side.