World of Warcraft: Current Year

xzi

Mouthbreather
Ya, you literally can't leave the starter island until you choose a side, that's why it's so impressive cause he's just been herbing and mining since mop

I mean I get it, but I'd rather have more.fun with my time
True.. but also he has an NPC in the monk order hall. I would grind for my own NPC because I am slightly retarded

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Ya, you literally can't leave the starter island until you choose a side, that's why it's so impressive cause he's just been herbing and mining since mop

True.. but also he has an NPC in the monk order hall. I would grind for my own NPC because I am slightly retarded
I want them to change it so you can't get XP if you're over the level of the plant or something so it screws him, just to watch him freak out

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist

I think he’s pet battling mostly?

• 1Like

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Just a heads up, but the Halloween event is almost over (ends Thursday at daily reset I believe). This year's toy was another hearthstone with a headless horseman theme (it gives you a pumpkin head and channels fire while you cast the hearth).

Its 150 tricky treats and pretty easy to do even being lazy. You can just look up the achievements for the continents and just take the flight points to all the inns on the list to get them from the pumpkins.

hh1.jpg

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Just a heads up, but the Halloween event is almost over (ends Thursday at daily reset I believe). This year's toy was another hearthstone with a headless horseman theme (it gives you a pumpkin head and channels fire while you cast the hearth).

Its 150 tricky treats and pretty easy to do even being lazy. You can just look up the achievements for the continents and just take the flight points to all the inns on the list to get them from the pumpkins.

View attachment 181167
Yeah thanks man, now I'm trying to collect 600 candy for 4 toys.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider

View attachment 181167

And since it is a toy get it on one gives it to all your characters. It is really pretty neat for a hearth stone well worth just running the flight paths to grab it.

• 1Like

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
In 8.1 they are actually adding some follower gear that can be made that lets them counter a stealth objective without the penalty. Still whoever thought the no bonus loot and no ability to counter it thing was a good idea should be slapped with a trout.

• 1Solidarity

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Ah, crap, I've been throwing out my treats from the Horseman kills. I completely forgot that I should be saving them. Guess I'm not getting this one.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Just gather up all the treats from the pumpkins at the inns around the world. You can get 150 pretty much from just those.

Whoever designed the mobile system for BfA did a terrible fucking job.

The mission table's been a disaster, but that happened at the beginning of WoD and Legion so we'll see what happens after the next content patch.

Its obvious they've fixed a couple bugs though, I actually had an issue with Arcanist Valtrois getting 10% less troop success chance if they were Nightborne instead of any other race, which made absolutely no sense of course.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ah, crap, I've been throwing out my treats from the Horseman kills. I completely forgot that I should be saving them. Guess I'm not getting this one.

No you can still do it in a few hours easy. If you hit all the major inns for your faction in vanilla and one of the other expansions its more than enough. I did vanilla and pandaria and I was not even 1/4 of the way through pandaria and never finished kalimdor before getting all I needed.

• 1Like

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just gather up all the treats from the pumpkins at the inns around the world. You can get 150 pretty much from just those.

The mission table's been a disaster, but that happened at the beginning of WoD and Legion so we'll see what happens after the next content patch.

Its obvious they've fixed a couple bugs though, I actually had an issue with Arcanist Valtrois getting 10% less troop success chance if they were Nightborne instead of any other race, which made absolutely no sense of course.

The mission table is still mostly useful with the rep items but it really seems like they were super gunshy about the amounts of rewards mission tables gave in WOD and legion and reigned it in very sharply. From what I have seen leaking from 8.1 it looks like this is going to get relaxed in major patches but I think this go round they pulled things in a bit to close to the vest. Still I do like that the rep missions are pretty much constantly there so doing rep needed for stuff for alts is really easy just play how you want and let the minions get you the random rep shit you need.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Hmmm that hearth effect is pretty cool. I may have to log in for the first time in two weeks...

• 1Like

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
No you can still do it in a few hours easy. If you hit all the major inns for your faction in vanilla and one of the other expansions its more than enough. I did vanilla and pandaria and I was not even 1/4 of the way through pandaria and never finished kalimdor before getting all I needed.
Awesome. I'll get this done tonight, then. Never hurts to have another hearth.

I wonder if those other pseudo-hearthstones use the enchanter-only hearth enchants on bracers? Hmm.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider

I wonder if those other pseudo-hearthstones use the enchanter-only hearth enchants on bracers? Hmm.

Yup I have a 4 min cd on my halloween hearthstone toy on my warlock who has the fast hearthing enchant and the boat hearth cd reducer.

Porkchop

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Bronze Donator>
Got a question about Blizzcon, is there a reliable site that will re-stream the main events? I don't want to buy the virtual ticket, but i'd like to see a few of the talks throughout the weekend. I heard there are some on twitch but i'm sure those will get shut down pretty quick.

Molten Core Raider

It shares the same cooldown as your original hearthstone, so dont get your hopes up it is going to count as 2 stones :(. That would clearly be overpowered

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yes the hearthstone toy works exactly like your normal hearth stone with all the cd reducers working correctly for it. It is not a separate stone on a different cd it basically just triggers your normal hearthstone with some bonus visual effects.

One thing interesting I saw some datamining of new PTR update and saw this.

Azerite Empowered Increases the item level of this item by 5. Increases Item Level by 5 and increases the potency of all Azerite powers granted by this item.

I was always curious why the fuck it was not like this from the start. It always felt weirdly bad unlocking the last slot because all it was is a +5 ilevel booby prize. Now it does that but also ups the potency and effects of the abilities you chose on that item. So that at least seemingly adds some value to a fully unlocked azerite piece. Curious how big of a boost it is.