World of Warcraft: Current Year

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I logged on and did the quest for the Darkshore warfront and the 2ish quests to set up the raid on Zandalar which consists of you helping some gnomes turn the Gorrila Grodd guy into King Kong.

The whole thing took maybe an hour, including the Warfront itself, and then I felt like I was done until mid Jan.

I will say that the whole intro to Darkshore did at least bring up the 'wtf why do you give a rats ass about Kul Tiras rather than fighting for Darnasus?' business, so at least the writers are aware of how stupidly thin their narrative is.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I was in the same boat as you guys bored and hating the game. I can't see myself playing this game for another year or year and a half in the current state it is in. I been playing FFXIV and it's been keeping me busy especially with 4.5 coming out soon then Shadowbringers in the summer. Not gonna lie initially I hated the combat due to GCD on the abilities but I got use to it. The combat got better for me once l got access to most or all my abilities.

I may come back to WoW during the next expansion but if I do it will be a few months into it to see if players are hating it like they did with BFA.

Last edited:

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Some of those notes look like they are at least getting some idea about why the ap neck sucks but not why it sucks in comparison to the legion artifact weapon and why the weapon was better. They kind of do but they are still pretty fucking lost.

They also have that “We were wrong about how we did it, but not what we did” kind of willful arrogance to not admit that they were just wrong. I can get that but it got tiresome in EQ and it’s gotten tiresome in WoW.

I think the final form of azerite armor probably winds up being just a replacement for armor set piece bonuses that just auto unlock when you get them and then you can pick the stuff you want. Then turn the heart of azeroth into something like the legion weapon where it has its own advancement tree with some active powers to work towards. I think if they do that it will probably be a pretty reasonable setup and workable. Reason to care about AP and some permanence without always chasing the same abilities and unlocking the same stuff over and over which does not feel good. I can see what they were thinking when they made this stuff but lack of testing of it masked how weird it feels in practice. But at least they are acknowledging that and the fix for it should be something that is pretty doable.

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
BFA will turn into a watered down version of Legion come 8.2. It'll still be an improvement on the current form, but I think they've just thrown in the towel and will shift their focus to the next expansion. 8.2 will likely bring:

- Azerite necklace turned into an artifact weapon of sorts (minor unlocks for each neck level). Armor now unlocks all abilities immediately
- Flying
- Mage tower of sorts
- New dungeon(s)
- Nazjatar ("Argus" of bfa, maybe the suramar not sure)

It is all too little too late, but it'll be good enough to tide them over until the next expansion. An expansion in which they will have to do much, much better.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
This hivemind mount is the one of the greatest things they've ever added to the game. Each person who jumps in increases movement speed by 10% as well.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
The Hivemind thing is admittedly cool and really does reward the people dedicated enough to pursue it. It seems like the 'secret' group seems to be still firing on all thrusters even if the other developers are phoning it in.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
BFA will turn into a watered down version of Legion come 8.2. It'll still be an improvement on the current form, but I think they've just thrown in the towel and will shift their focus to the next expansion. 8.2 will likely bring:

- Azerite necklace turned into an artifact weapon of sorts (minor unlocks for each neck level). Armor now unlocks all abilities immediately
- Flying
- Mage tower of sorts
- New dungeon(s)
- Nazjatar ("Argus" of bfa, maybe the suramar not sure)

It is all too little too late, but it'll be good enough to tide them over until the next expansion. An expansion in which they will have to do much, much better.
ED, TOV, NH, TOS, Argus. Siege on Zandalar is the Nighthold raid. Nazjatar is likely the Temple of Sargeras raid, not the final raid. It'll have Azshara as the last boss while the final raid in 8.3.5 will be the N'zoth raid.

I'm curious if they'll bother dropping in a small raid like Trial of Valor, though with how things are going I seriously doubt it. Those assets are likely assigned to doing more Warfronts...something they seriously fucked up on. They could have been more Garrison like where you progress over time within each one, instead of having a full fortress built in 6 minutes, with more of the Suramar scenario style gameplay where you're running with a mass of units, not 19 other fuck heads who are doing fuck knows what.

Khane

Crucible of Storms is only 2 bosses so that will be the ToV style raid.

xzi

Mouthbreather
So now that they allow a potion that can allow cross-faction communication can we stop with the factions completely and just merge horde and alliance for pve and call it a day?

or I guess we're fighting for something but nobody knows what (azerite? which for some reason just has unlimited supply?)

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Forsaken could speak common back in beta, and it added a really nice unique aspect to the race, but they took it out and have been squashing cross-faction communication since. Now they decide it's OK? This shit is tiring.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Paladins also used to be able to smite undead cunts because they were undead but rpg mechanics are a no-go
(I'm okay with this change though lmao)

Laedrun

Molten Core Raider
Blood elves and void elves can both speak thalassian, found it out waiting for a spawn that some alliance guy was waiting for, was a neat surprise at the time.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Forsaken could speak common back in beta, and it added a really nice unique aspect to the race, but they took it out and have been squashing cross-faction communication since. Now they decide it's OK? This shit is tiring.
Honestly something like this is long overdue. Let people who want to hear the other faction shittalking can those who don’t want to can continue as is.

Cybsled

I used to like the Forsaken being diplomats back in closed beta. I remember helping negotiate a peace settlement in STV between my group and an alliance group (was a PVP server).

Xaven

Molten Core Raider
I used to like the Forsaken being diplomats back in closed beta. I remember helping negotiate a peace settlement in STV between my group and an alliance group (was a PVP server).

This sounds like great player created content and makes everyone feel connected to the community. How far WoW has fallen.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Speaking of languages, I'm still pissed I missed the opportunity to obtain Draconian (ability to speak/understand the language of dragons). I got to the final quest the week before the patch that removed the AQ gate quest line. Farming bug carcasses solo took for-goddamn-ever.

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
Can they please fix when you hit an ability it sets off global CD as if it was used but it never activates. Shit makes combat so much less fun

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
This hivemind mount is the one of the greatest things they've ever added to the game. Each person who jumps in increases movement speed by 10% as well.
I just saw a guy use it ingame I didn't know it looked that cool. I really wana go do the quest now

Khane

It's okay they promptly "fixed" it to remove all fun. Can't have the player base feel like something useful is "required" (fucking lol).